• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that cannot evolve.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Of course, you may know that there are now about 57 pokemon that can't evolve, no matter what circumstances. (not including legendary pokemon.) Now out of all those 57 pokemon, which are your favourite pokemon(s) that cannot evolve? If you had to pick between the two, would you prefer pokemon that can evolve, or the ones that cannot?

You can view all the pokemon that can't evolve here.

Me? Well, my favourite pokemon that can't evolve are Milktank, Kangaskan, Seviper, Absol, and Spiritomb. Sometimes I would prefer pokemon that can't evolve for numberous reasons, such as I find that with pokemon that can't evolve, you don't have to worry on the conditions to evolve those pokemon; for instance, you won't have to trade these certain pokemon to evolve, or make them hold a certain item. I dunno, I guess its easier that way to raise them in my own personal preference I guess.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hmm... I like some, hate some. My favorites include
    Tauros- I just like them.
    Quilfish- I like its design.
    Miltank- Source of MooMoo Milk! :D
    Tropius- Awesome all around.
    Absol- Movie 6 made me feel sorry for it.
    Bouffalant- Who doesn't like Afro Bull?
    But my all-time favorite is Audino. Cute, awesome, helpful, and amazing. Especially in a certain webcomic.

Ones I hate would be
    Pachirisu- God that thing is fugly and annoying.
    Corsola- It's small, pink, and annoying.
    Chatot- Ugly and I never had any luck with it in-game.

There's such a big variety in the Pokemon that I hate to generalize, but I often find that these type of Pokemon don't serve me very well in-game.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Lapras, Aerodactyl and Heracross are three of my favourite Pokemon anyway; that you don't need to evolve them to get them is an added bonus whenever I catch one (or revive one in the case of Aero).

With regards to whether I prefer evolution over rigidity, hells yeah I want my Pokemon to stay the same. All the fuss about levelling up and levelling up with happiness and trading with some obscure item attached to it... ugh! Can't be dealing with that. Obviously, evolution has its gameplay benefits and is one of the hallmarks of the series in all its forms - and it is satisfying whenever a critter finally evolves due to happiness and such - but if the whole concept was abolished with, I wouldn't cry over it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    My personal favourites include Miltank, Pinsir, Heracross, and Lapras. Heracross especially has always been a favourite of mine - I like its unique typing and crazy awesome attack stat. The fact that you don't have to wait around for it to evolve is also really cool in my opinion.

As for whether I'd pick Pokémon that can evolve or those who can't, I don't really have a preference. There are advantages to both. With Pokémon that can evolve, it's cool to have it change shape every so often, sometimes even adding secondary types or gaining new abilities. It's nice to have that kind of change once in a while. Pokémon that can't evolve have that added convenience of being strong right off the bat, instead of waiting for it to evolve to get stronger. So it doesn't matter much to me if a Pokémon can or can't evolve.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    For some reason, my favorite has to be Maractus. It's design seems perfect in everyway and doens't need an evolution.

Yurusumaji

The Collector
    Years
  • I love so many of these.

Torkoal, Audino, Lapras, Shuckle, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Absol & Pachirisu. I don't really judge Pokes on whether or not they evolve. I think a lot of the ones that don't evolve are just as awesome as ones that do.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i love absol, tauros, spiritomb
    but my fave has to be...

HERACROSS

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I loved Scyther as he was and had him on my team. But now he doesn't count. Sigh. And same with imevil i loooooovvvveeee Heracross! And typically I chose the ones that evolve. It's not that i'm prejudice I just tend to like them better.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like Maractus' design and I plan to use one in my team sometime soon. I also like Miltank, another one I need to get round of having in my team :)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The ones that I like are Throh, Tauros, Miltank, Tropius, Spiritomb and Absol! And if I had to choose between the ones that can evolve and the ones that can't, I don't know what I'd choose. Well, both of them can fair well, maybe a mixed answer of both shall do.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Sometimes I would prefer pokemon that can't evolve for numberous reasons, such as I find that with pokemon that can't evolve, you don't have to worry on the conditions to evolve those pokemon; for instance, you won't have to trade these certain pokemon to evolve, or make them hold a certain item. I dunno, I guess its easier that way to raise them in my own personal preference I guess.

Huh, I never thought of that. o: I'll go ahead and admit that I never really liked Pokemon that couldn't evolve, because for that reason (as you mentioned) I found them to be boring so I just overlooked them as nothing.

I've always liked Skarmory for a couple of reasons; it's a Pokemon that first appeared in my favorite generation and I admired the design. I thought that the developers did a good job stirring up their creativity to promote a new type, at that time of course.
    Since I'm talking about Skarmory, it got me thinking: I don't see it evolving or having some sort of pre-evo.

Other favorites are Lapras and this generation's fav Stunfisk, lolol. ;D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    My favourite pokemon that can't evolve would be Lapras, Shuckle, Seviper, Mawile, Tropius, Chatot, Rotom, Sigilyph and Stunfisk. With my overall favourite being Seviper.

I like a good few actually, but I don't ever have one on my team in the end. I've always liked the idea of my pokemon changing over time....and when they don't change I don't feel like I've accomplished as much.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Lapras, Girafarig, Seviper, Pachirisu and Mawile are some of the Pokemon that do not evolve and are considered my favorites. I was hoping for a pre-evo for Seviper and a post-evo for Pachirisu (primarily thinking about Emolga, but that didn't happen).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll do the ones from each generation:

Gen I: Aerodactyl

Gen II: Heracross, Skarmory

Gen III: Sableye, Tropius

Gen IV: Spiritomb

Gen V: Sawk, Basculin, Sigilyph

dkmec20

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    Favorite Pokemon that can't evolve

My favorite Pokemon that can't evolve is Kecleon because I like its ability and because it looks cool.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Miltank, Stanler & Durant, Lunatone & Solrock theres probally more but theyre the 5 that stick out in my head, I really like their designs and they're pretty cool Pokémon :)

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • sometimes, i like pokemon that do not evolve because you dont have to worry about it changing its design and stats
    my favorite ones are: lapras, aerodactyl, skarmory, absol and spiritomb

and castform because its so cute ^^

Back