• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon that never made sense to me...

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Okay, so I know that it's a game and that the creators had their artistic licenses, and I like most of these Pokemon, they just don't make sense to me.

Dugtrio: Are the three supposed to be Siamese triplets or something? If they aren't and one wanders off or gets taken away, does it devolve? How does the original Diglett "grow" two more Digletts to become it's new appendages?

Magneton: Similar to my Dugtrio query, what happens if you force one of the Magnemites off? I get where they all come from, but can't you separate them somehow?

Shelgon: What exactly is it?

Magnezone: How did the three Magnemites fuse their metals and become one giant magnetic flying saucer? What happened to the other Magnemites? Why does it only have three magnets if each Magnemite had two on their own?

And lastly all of the new fighting dogs or whatever they're supposed to be. I don't understand why they're fighting types if they don't punch or kick at all.

Again, I'm not complaining, I'm just stating things that I always kind of thought about but knew answers would never come. STATEMENT!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Shelgon is essentially Bagon's pupa form. What's inside the shell is Shelgon's body slowly forming into Salamence.

Magneton evolves into Magnezone when it gets exposed to a special form of electromagnetic energy. The energy changes one "Magnemite" significantly to a flying saucer form, while the other two stay relatively the same.

The Musketeer trio are Fighting Pokemon because they're dedicated to the justice of Pokemon. Just because they can't punch doesn't mean that they can't be Fighting Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    See I just always pictured the "Fighting type" being basically a "Humanoid Type" As nothing in the fighting genera is anything but humanoid to some degree. Specifically standing on two legs and using its arms and hands. The new Musketeer Pokemon aren't bad by any means, I just don't get the fighting typing.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    The ice cream cone one, Vanillish or Vanilluxe I forget.

It's ice cream. With a straw. That is STUPID

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    The ice cream cone one, Vanillish or Vanilluxe I forget.

It's ice cream. With a straw. That is STUPID

It's two cups and a cone, one class act lawsuit away from sexual content towards children.

Seismitoad looks like it has the plague. Chandelure evoline looks like they ran out of idea's how to make Ghosts.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    For that matter, what the hell is Lickitung? It's a . . . big, pink . . . thing. With a tongue. And that's about it. WHAT THE HELL. And then it evolves into Lickilicky and it's just a bigger thing with a longer tongue! I have absolutely no clue what it's meant to be or why it had to exist. It should be killed with fire.

Also, I'm sure this is a popular one, but Stunfisk. It just appears . . . functionally retarded. :/

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I remember reading something about Umbreon having "poisonous sweat." That seems to be Toxic, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense. Wouldn't it be poisoned by its own sweat?
    For that matter, what the hell is Lickitung? It's a . . . big, pink . . . thing. With a tongue. And that's about it. WHAT THE HELL. And then it evolves into Lickilicky and it's just a bigger thing with a longer tongue! I have absolutely no clue what it's meant to be or why it had to exist. It should be killed with fire.

Lickitung is based on a skink, IIRC.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Pokémon with unnatural-looking stripes (Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza) or mouldings (Infernape's/Emboar's swirly things). How did they even come about naturally in these animals? They're far too designed to have come about via (real) evolution.

Pokémon that are supposed to be actual inanimate objects rather than just looking like/inspiring them. For example, people could have invented windchimes that look like Chimecho, rather than Chimecho being a windchime that came to life.

Out of all the Pokemon, Meowth makes the most cents.
    Oh you :D

Years
    Whats sort of amusing is how in stadium games, all the fish are kind of just floating and swimming in the air.. except magikarp. Don't know if thats revelant to this topic, but eh.. just putting that out there.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    They're based on garbage. How does that not make sense?

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The Muskateer trio is based on *gasps* the muskateers. They "fight" for honor and justice and all that good stuff.

The klink family is spossed to be an enlarging gear system. Some people say its a reprentation of how humans have "evolved " their technology to bigger and better systems.

One pokemon I was always confused about was Crobat. It's pokedex entry says its legs turned into wings so it could fly better. How the heck does it land then? There are little feet but they are a lot shorter than its extra wings and wouldn't be able to land.

Last edited:
    Back