• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon The Abridged Series

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
Years
  • Ashes Mum: Sorry Cocaine on my nose.
    Pikachu: Hey whos the chick?
    XD that cracks me up all the time 10/10!
    Ep 5 is awesome he looks at mistys butt and goes Yowza! XD!

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Quick update, since I haven't posted here in a while:

I haven't added any new episodes, but the next two are written. However, due to schedule conflicts, they've yet to be recorded. Hopefully you'll be seeing a new episode within the next two-to-three weeks, however, once everyone's schedule clears up from finals in college. Blech.

Anyways, thanks for the support, folks. I really like that this is actually gaining popularity, and that's due to guys and gals like you who get it going through word of mouth!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS THREAD BEFORE!? I've just watched the 1st one and it's hilarious! I didn't think the voice acting was bad, I thought it was alright. I noticed all the game music in there haha

I just subscribed

On to episode 2!

That's a looooong ways away, but I'm going to try and keep this going for as long as I can. I guess it could make it all the way...

Just a suggestion, but if you have inspiration for a particular episode you could do that. I don't mean skip everything. But it'd be pretty hard to do every single Indigo League episode

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Giovanni: Real life? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

XD

Meowth is so cute in the preview picture thing!

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    i love this series so much. i love you so much. not too sound creepy

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Your jokes are still extremely obvious.

'Needless to say, this plan sucks!'

'Look, Misty still hasn't caught up! God, I hate her'

'WHY DID MY PANTS GET TIGHT ALL OF A SUDDEN'

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Good comedy generally has a bit of subtlety to it, and leaves at least something to the imagination, rather than forcing it down the viewer's throat. A quick pace also helps- spending the time to make all of the jokes excruciatingly obvious makes the entire video drag on.

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I like the abridged series. Really is quite funny. Only problem is that it feels more like half a episdoe than a whole episode. It's fine adn funny and all, but I feel that it left a lot more to be desired.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Your jokes are still extremely obvious.

'Needless to say, this plan sucks!'

'Look, Misty still hasn't caught up! God, I hate her'

'WHY DID MY PANTS GET TIGHT ALL OF A SUDDEN'

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. Good comedy generally has a bit of subtlety to it, and leaves at least something to the imagination, rather than forcing it down the viewer's throat. A quick pace also helps- spending the time to make all of the jokes excruciatingly obvious makes the entire video drag on.
    Fair enough. However, the first one you mentioned was intended to be a jab at the crappy puns Pokemon tends to make, but your point does remain the same.

Idunno. I guess the fact at how obvious these errors in the show is part of what makes it funny to me. I see your point, but I still laugh at the humor.

Regardless, I appreciate your input, airconditioning. You've actually been one of the only REAL constant critiques (I.E, giving me constructive criticism when needed) I get most of the time.

Deadly Arbok said:
    I like the abridged series. Really is quite funny. Only problem is that it feels more like half a episdoe than a whole episode. It's fine adn funny and all, but I feel that it left a lot more to be desired.
    Well, that's part of what makes it 'abridged.' Abridged literally means to be shortened. I could just do a parody, but that doesn't sound as fun to me.

Thanks for the compliment, though! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    LOL Goldeen: I WILL EAT YOUR SOALS was the best lol as much as i wanted to stop watching i couldnt lol .

STK

Char-bok-a!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    HAHAHA this is gold. Metal/epic Butterfree owns! And Goldeen's "I WILL EAT YOUR SOULS" rocks! This might just be better than the original series!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Fantastic. Were there old abridged series? Cause this is awesome. Keep it going, as long as Youtube approves.

Thinking of going all the way?? Good luck with that. I was thinking of doing the major ones, not the boring fillers, which consists most of Johto.

Back