• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon The Abridged Series

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Yeah, my team and I discussed it, and we're thinking of skipping some, if not most, of the fillers. Mostly because we have ideas for a lot of future episodes, but have a lot of fillers to sift through before we can make them a reality. After subtracting a bunch of the fillers, we decided we could probably be done with the Indigo league in around fifty or so episodes... Which is still a LONG time from now.

Thank you so much for the compliments, everybody. I was really getting worried that no one on this site had much interest any more, but apparently (luckily) I was wrong!

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Well done. It's not just the series itself, but how you and your team do the videos. Beautifully edited. Where did you get the Pokemon soundtracks?

No, you thought wrong, with touching a just part of the huge Pokemon fanbase. I just hope Youtube finds no objections to it.

But if you manage to do the entire thing up to date, that's like what, 500 episodes? As long as you keep the comedy fresh, it won't become boring and you won't get less viewers from before.

I have to say that the female voices sort of bother me, but I can live with that.

MasterWGS

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I have to say that the female voices sort of bother me, but I can live with that.
    Funny you should mention that, as it's been one of my team's key discussions lately. We find the obvious male-impressions of female voices comical, but we know it'll get annoying shortly if it's happening time and time again. We've been planning on having guest-stars for different one-time characters, and most of the girls will (hopefully) be done by actual girls.

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
  • I actually do like this and I don't laugh at much stuff on Youtube. But I swear when Caterpie said "FALCON PUNCH!" I just laughed like crazy :3.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Yes, your SSBB references are amazing. I love how you incorporated the music from there. I personally like the changes they've made. The other music is classic too. I can't wait to see more.

It's good to see someone from around our age group make videos like these, shows the experience and veteran status of what we know of Pokemon. I don't know if a kid could make videos like these. I may be wrong.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • *resists urge to go off-topic and joke about Rukario's freaky theme*

Er.... Abridged FTW?

I, too, am wondering where you got the music from. The only Pokemon game music CD I know about that was ever released had only MIDIs. This is obviously the real deal, and since I enjoy dissecting video game soundtracks, I'd like it very much if I could find out where to get my hands on it for the purposes of review and commentary.

Oh, and I was kind of annoyed that episode six really didn't draw its humor from the absurdity of the source material (the mark of a good abridged series). Episode seven kind of redeemed itself with the "times like these" James line, but try to remember that you aren't just ripping apart the original material and replacing it, you're pointing out what made the original material ridiculous while adding some of your own humor. That's what made YGO Abridged the best abridged series ever created to date, not just the fact that it is the originator.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • That's a good idea. It can speed up that way. Although it would take longer to process.

Salamence!

^^^^Caramelldansen^^^^
    Years
  • This is really the funniest thing I have EVER seen! I LOLed at all the jokes! The Pokemon talk no one hears them lol.

MasterWGS

Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Sorry this next episode is taking so long, folks. I've been really busy this summer, so I've had hardly any time to work on these...

However, I've gotten most of the next episode written, but voicing is what usually consumes the most time.

Thanks for all the support, and continue to spread the word! ^_^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Ah, glad to see you alive and well, Grant. Please keep us informed when you've updated. I figured summer work had kept you busy, and I agree voicing them can get tedious.

Back