• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: The Awakening

Starters....

• Include new sprites! If you can...

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Use Pokemon that aren't normally used.

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Use starters from other Pokemon games

Votes: 13 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    You got this to the progressing hacks!!Nice work,Swift.
    I remeber this thread remain with no posts for over 3 days. :(
    But now...its great!You saved it.

Trackstar

Say no more.
    Years
  • Somehow...

Somehow, this is the first thread I looked at.. [RSS] brought me to a great one.
    I like how you made this.. However the maps are slack. The mountains are un-natural shape, and the paths are, well different.

Scripting came well to you, I can see. But as far as I can see, they aren't complex, mostly people scripts (Person events) looks alright though.

Good luck with the hack,

Trackstarhh

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Even though the maps are a tiny bit on the eh side, I would defiantly play this.
    The story works well and the gameplay looks exeilant!
    Good luck.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    --Trackstar
    Thanks for the comments :) I will work on the Mountains and Paths a bit, and don't worry I think the scripts will get more complicated as I progress and learn (As it is there *is* more than people events, most of the first steps of gameplay is more Scripts, but I will be including more, especially once the story starts kicking in!)

--Surf
    Thank you :) Again, I will work on the maps and I hope you guys can see an improvement.

Thank you guys for the nice comments >< Its nice to come back from a long day of work to this! :D

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 25, 2011
    A demo to the first Gym would be pretty cool. Starting out with a strong demo would help gain intrest in the game =]

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Nice Updates~
    Keep up the good work ^_^.. Well hope to play it soon
    And the Breeding idea kinda good :D

-Yasumin

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    At the moment I am in exam period, so progress will be slow and steady, but it will be happening :).

Thanks for the support Josh and Yasumin!

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    At the moment progress is slow, I am working on Maps at the moment and just slowly getting around. Its a busy time :).

Don't worry, its happening on some level.

((If and when I get to the first Beta it will go to the second Gym, but thats quite a way ahead of me at the moment ;)))

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thanks but I'm working on this alone at the moment :) I have mapping covered.

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I can script perfectly well ;) I may not be a pro but I have managed so far, only thing I haven't tried are level scripts but they will come in time ^^.

Mapping so far: Start -> Just past 2nd Town (Non Gym town)
    Scripting so far: Start -> First Town (Gym Town)

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Good old Fire Red overworlds ;)

I am contemplating moving the hack over to a Kyle Dove rombase to make it prettyful :3
    This will mean a lot of maps will change (and thus look a lot better than previously).
    Do you think its worth it?

Here is an example of the difference... (Note Lament Village and the Breeding center have changed, most of the breeding centre is now inside...)

Spoiler:

Sorry progress is slow, but I just finished all my A-Level exams :D After my holiday I will get to work :)

Back