• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: The Awakening

Starters....

• Include new sprites! If you can...

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Use Pokemon that aren't normally used.

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Use starters from other Pokemon games

Votes: 13 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The types of these pokemon fit,they're ok,but i don't think they would be the best choise.Let me ask you,you'll put d/p pokemon?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Nope I have no intention of adding D/P pokemon, I'm not very fond of most of them tbh and theres enough selection from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn region.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Kanto, Johto and Hoenn are the best. Don't dare you put in D/P Pokémons! (Or at least not overwrite any old pokémons, use the 25 free slots)

I got a lot of free time so If you want help i can Script, Advance scripting in XSE, Tile ripping, Insert pokémons, tiles and spriters, edit pokémons, title screen edit, map and much more.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thanks for the offer Alex! I'll keep that in mind. :)

Update!! 8/05

Screens:
    Lament Village as you leave your house (Damn, caught it as the label scrolled out :P)
    LamentTown.png

Woman up on the rocks, I know about the border error >< its been fixed.
    LamentSprite.png

Entrance to the Breeding Center's trading area, blocked as the Hero doesn't have a pokemon yet!
    TrainingYard.png

A Meowth resting in the Poke-Yard :3 Isn't it cute? Haha.
    Meothbycenter.png

If you see any tiling errors please point out where! Also the some of the script is bound to change, for examble 'breeding center' needs to be Breeding Center, and Town should actually be Village. Thanks!

-------------------

Since I am now onto making Give Pokemon sprite I will be closing the Poll (if I can do that even o.O)

Anyway the results are:
    1 Vote for New Pokemon
    4 Votes for Using Pokemon not normally used as Starters
    3 Votes for Using Nintendo starters.

Therefore I will be using Vulpix/Staryu/Cacnea.

Next up I want to know which Pokemon you want available on Route 1! These will be level 3-5 (maybe one level 6 too for some added difficulty) and can be from any region other than DP :).

Last edited:

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    As pokemons for Route 1 I would say, try Pidgey/Taillow, Wurmple, ???Bulbasaur??? and maybe, I don't know, Rhyhorn at 5% rate?

Also nice screenshots. Just hope I can help yuo with the hack.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I am going to avoid Rock types until the player is likely to have Grass/Water/Fighting pokemon to stop them, since the starters will only be knowing Tackle moves a Rhyhorn might be a bit of a challenge.

I like the idea of Taillow! :) I'll make sure to include some of them!

At the moment I am scripting both Lament town and the Breeding Center (and its surroundings), if I come across any problems I will send you a PM Alex. Hehe.

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    You seem to already be incredible experienced in hacking :D
    The first thing i learnt from hacking was scripting, and scripting is incredible easy, imo.

But now on-topic. Good luck on scripting and I think your right about the Rock-type thingie.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thank you Smileman! Your Trainer sprites look good, at the moment I don't have any Persona's for Gym Leaders but once I get to the first Gym-Town I will message you!

Smileman

Scripter looking for a team
    Years
  • Thanks! I'm not good at scratch spriting, but I could try making some rough copies of the fakemon you mentioned in your first post.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Another Update! I'm in a scripting mood today :) Though some things still need fixing.

This nice chap hints in a very subtle way that there might be a potion nearby... hmm...
    SpriteBreedingGrounds.png

In to the Breeding Lab! A nice selection of eggs to choose from.
    BreedingCenterEggs.png

Oh my! 256 steps later (lol) My orange egg hatches into...
    VulpixHatched.png

Tada!

And here it is with its updated stats :)
    VulpixStats.png

All starters have an original Ability and the usual starter ability, so theres some diversity in it!

---Note---

Does anyone know how to change the number of steps for an egg hatch? Or, on the other hand, some kind of script which can force an Egg hatch? I tried editing it in YAPE but it just resets itself... 256 is the best I can do XD

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    There is actually no scripts that lets you hatch an egg. But I really like the idea of the breeding center and nice maps! Further good luck!

PM me for help, I'm bored.

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2019
    The screen shots look great also a good storyline cant wait for a release keep up the good work

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
    Years
  • love the idea of getting an egg 1st. good job. this is looking good aswell Good Luck!
    (p.s. scripting? easy? i have very limited experience on that subject lol)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm currently working on Mom and Dad scripts. They are painfully long but hopefully the work will pay off!

Thanks alo123 and infmaniac :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Keep Up the good work it looks really good! I'll be subscribing to the thread to keep up with the updates! Best of Luck SwiftSign!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thanks GavZ!

--------​
    Current To Do List:
    Dad Script
    Get Pokedex Script
    Complete all random Sprite Scripts
    Mom Script <-- Currently doing.

--------​

GoShow.png

After choosing your Egg.

Playerisyoung.png

Once the Egg has hatched Dad gets a phonecall...

Where AAa = Player << I should really start a new file haha.

So yes, that Dad Script = DONE :) Now on to Mom, whose Script should be easier I think...

Also I got round to completing the Scripts for both the other Eggs XD Which felt left out as I was dedicated to completing the Orange one first :P Luckily it was just a simple matter of copy/paste with some simple edits!

CacneaHatched.png

StaryuHatched.png

:) Thats all starters in game. Woo.

Last edited:

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Nice, nice! You are doing very well in scripting! Remember, if you need help just PM me.

~ Alex

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Teenie Tiny update since I only recently got in from work:

Complete all random Sprite Scripts Done!
    Mom Script

Next thing on my list shall be mapping out Route 1, and the overground passage which connects it to the first main town! Somewhere in there theres the first rivals first battle too ;) Woop.

Edit// New List!

Route 1 Map<--- Done
    Route 1 Scripts <--- Will start tomorrow, its only 3 sprites, no events or anything :)
    Overground Mapping
    Overground Trainers/Scripts

Since I haven't given any screenshots today I will instead show you some maps!
    Spoiler:

Pokemon on Route 1:
    I need suggestions! So far I have Taillow and Sentret. Any more ideas?

Last edited:

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Nice maps but i would like to point out some tile errors.

The maps with corrections.

657pe1.png

28cd3xi.png

2d9b4m.png

The fences are really no problem, but they don't really match the grass with rock, maybe use the block editor and make half rock and half grass? And about the stones on the mountains, it may be something by my eye or it just that you used wrong stone. The rest are just some minor errors.

Back