• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon The First Movie Mewtwo Strikes Back

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
  • Wow well how can you like just one paart of the movie?

the whole movie is awsome i remeber buying it in 1998 i think or when it came out...I was so cool because I had that Mewtwo card

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    best part of the movie was Ash saying that Vikings live in Minnesota

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I never got that. Someone told me what it was supposed to mean a few months ago but I've forgotten it again. Something about American football. Pssh 4Kids took out Japanese cultural references so "everyone" would get it, then they put in a culteral referance only Americans would get? :/

Anyway, I didn't like the "Brother oh brother" song whatever it is, it's so cheesy and how the dub decided to be contridictory and said battles are bad, even though Pokemon is all about battles. It wasn't like that in the Japanese version.

Best part: Mew's voice. It is SO cute!

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • I loved the entire movie but I suppose some key parts would be...

The battle scene wit the theme song.

The battle of the three starters.

Mewtwo and Mew's barrier battle.

Those are my favorites.

best part of the movie was Ash saying that Vikings live in Minnesota

lol, I remember this and didnt get it when I was a kid but every time my dad saw he'd just laugh and laugh.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • The Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow part at the beginning!

Umm, the short at the beginning was cute. =3
    I also liked Mew because again, he was cute =3
    And ummm.....oh Ash getting turned to stone was hilarious, for me XD
    I was like yay, no more annoying voices! XD
    Spoiler:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I liked the entire movie, but the best bit was when Ash turned to stone and everyone cried to revive him. Was definitely one of the rare, heartfelt moments in the anime.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Now, just a moment here...are we talking about the actual First Movie, or are we talking about the short film "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which was released directly to video?

I never got that. Someone told me what it was supposed to mean a few months ago but I've forgotten it again. Something about American football.

The Minnesota Vikings is the name of a sports team in America.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I can't choose, I liked the entire thing...but when the plot started to rise, it got really good!!!

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Man, how young was I when I saw this in theaters? o_O I can hardly remember seeing it... If there's one part I do remember, it's the flying Pokeball part. That part always sticks out in my mind, alongside the dramatic Pikachu slapping. XD I really need to watch this movie again. Maybe once they show a repeat again on Cartoon Network.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Anyway, I didn't like the "Brother oh brother" song whatever it is, it's so cheesy and how the dub decided to be contridictory and said battles are bad, even though Pokemon is all about battles. It wasn't like that in the Japanese version.

What was the Japenese version about?

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    Now, just a moment here...are we talking about the actual First Movie, or are we talking about the short film "Mewtwo Strikes Back", which was released directly to video?

As far as I know the first movie has the title "Mewtwo Strikes Back" ("Mewtwo vs Mew" in German) and the video special was called "Mewtwo Returns". This thread is about the very first Pokemon movie.

I love this movie very much. My favourite part is the huge fight in the end from the moment when Ash appears with all the Pokemon originals, who had been cloned by Mewtwo. Some nice lessons to learn in there. I don't think there was a message against Pokemon battles in the movie. They stated that fighting (in order to hurt or destry somebody) is wrong. People should rather respect and be kind to each other. I think so, too. But I always saw Pokemon battles as a sporting competition on voluntery basis , not a fight/war.
    I really would like to know what the Japanese version is like!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Man, there's so many to choose from! I really like when Satoshi said Vikings mostly live in Minnesota. XD

I also like when 'Brother my Brother' started playing during the fight scene between the Pokémon and their clones.

I liked pretty much everything about it.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I've seen this movie in English and Japanese, and didn't see that much of a difference between the two-but that might be just because I don't understand a word of Japanese. :p

But anyway, my favorite part of the movie is, when the Pokemon and clones are fighting. I find when Misty-or was it Brock?-says "Pokemon aren't meant to fight!!" reaaaaaally ironic.

Back