• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: the Realistc Thread

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
Years
  • I for one love to think about how the Pokemon world would work for real. Pokeballs, Pokemon abilities, gyms, trainers, etc. everything! I decided to make a mass thread for theories and speculation that we can compile ideas into and come up with what is the most realistic. I will start with a few ideas below, just to get the juices flowing!

Trainers
    I think that the age of 10 is way to young for someone to be wandering around the world with power enhanced creatures doing as they wish. I think that getting a trainers license is like getting a drivers license: something you have to wait for and go thru training. I believe that the age of 16 is the best age to allow young adults to begin to learn the art of being a trainer. Obviously, before turning 16 you are allowed to own Pokemon as pets, but you cannot challenge any Gyms officially and if you are caught battling you can get in trouble. At 16 you enroll in Trainer's Education (much like Drivers Education). This also does away with the Professor-Giving-You-Your-First-Pokemon idea because I feel like there are a lot of kids and that a single Professor would get worn out. So, you sign up for your Trainer's Classes. Classes are about 20 kids for 2 teachers. In enrolling you are allowed to bring your own Pokemon (as your starter) or pay an additional fee and choose from those available from the Trainer's Education provider. In a 2 month course you learn about Pokemon health, care, feeding, training, and battling. You also learn basic survival skills (you are after all, wondering around the world), about Gym battles, and about the Pokemon League for your specific region.
    After passing the course you register with the Pokemon League to get your Trainers License. This features, like a Drivers License, your name, date of birth, hometown, height, weight, eye color, etc. Before challenging Gym leaders you scan your ID to register the battle.

PokeBalls
    I think that PokeBalls are kind of like in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where they shrink the boy and put him in the TV. You just aim the ball, press the button, the beam comes out of it, and it takes the Pokemon inside. Pressing the button on the front of the ball releases the Pokemon. Once a Pokemon is inside a PokeBall, the ball registers the Pokemon with an ID number, only allowing that Pokemon to move from inside and outside the Ball. The ID goes to the Pokemon League, who keeps track of all captured Pokemon. In catching a wild Pokemon, you really would have to KO it (unless your a baseball player...) because throwing the ball and hitting the button and aiming at the same time is difficult.
    The different levels of balls (ie: PokeBall, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Premier Ball, etc) differentiate in how strong the beam is to capture a Pokemon (haven't figured out the scientific way to say that yet...). Example: You throw a PokeBall at a Zapdos and the beam will hit it, but it won't take because the Ball's power is too low. Throwing an Ultra Ball however, the Ball's power is higher (and thus more expensive) and it's harder for the Pokemon to shake the beam. That's why most Trainer's use PokeBalls because they are the cheapest.

Years
  • On the subject of Gyms. I think you could apply for a traineeship type thing with the Leader. Where they pay you and you represent their gym at tournaments and what not. (similiar to amateur boxing) and they would help you learn to train your Pokemon and let you attempt to beat anyone who challenges the gym first.

!Gambit

Pokemon Trainer Jessie Ryder
    Years
  • On the subject of Gyms. I think you could apply for a traineeship type thing with the Leader. Where they pay you and you represent their gym at tournaments and what not. (similiar to amateur boxing) and they would help you learn to train your Pokemon and let you attempt to beat anyone who challenges the gym first.

Hm, I like that idea. Kind of like a trainer training program within the gym. That's why you have to battle trainers before facing the gym leader.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Real life Pokemon adventures truly sound amazing. However... there are real life problems that come with trying to be a real life trainer.

Our first problem: Economics. I can guarantee that if Pokemon were real the market would change. People would no longer buy video games to play Pokemon. A rise in outdoor activities and purchases would be seen. I can tell you right now... I have no money. I don't know how I could pay for a Pokemon adventure.

Our second problem: hippies. Haha. Okay, so not hippies. Animal rights activists. Our government. We would have to somehow legalize animal fighting. We all know dog fights and **** fights are illegal. How can we legalize Pokemon fights?

Our third problem: Pokemon is cartoony. In the video games it works like this: LittleCubone walks in a patch of grass and a wild Teddiursa appears. With his trusty Marowak the Teddiursa doesn't stand a chance. In the real world it would be something more like this: LittleCubone is tiredly walking up the hill, his aching legs needing rest. He spots a Teddiursa frolicking in the woods. At that exact moment his throat becomes incredibly dry because if there are young teddiursa around there is sure to be a mama Ursaring. With the wind blowing his scent towards the bear-like Pokemon the loud fear inflicting roar of an angry mother ursaring filled the forest.

Training a Pokemon to be a fighter would be hard. Personally..
    I would never be able to train a shark or a sea serpent or a bear or a dragon or something that has an IQ of 10,000. I would absolutely love to. But it would be so incredibly hard.

Years
  • Okay as much as having Pokemon in real life would be a dream come true, we're all forgetting one of the main issues. Having fighting animals with Earthly powers, meaning breathing fire, thunderbolts flying around everywhere, and water being spit all over the place would be a totally apocalyptic scenario. Think of the amount of money it would cost to fix the collateral damage made by real Pokemon. Then the government would make us responsible for damages caused by our Pokemon. Neat idea, but no thanks!

Back