• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pokemon ThunderYellow?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Wouldn't it be cool if Japan had released another Pokemon Yellow the special pikachu edition for the GBA, like they did on the gameboy color? But then, beating brock is going to be tough. What do you guys think? :nervous:

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Ridley-X4 said:
    Not gonna happen. They would have released it after FR/LG BUT BEFORE Emerald.

It would've been cool still. 'cause you got a Pikachu that walks with you and you still get all 3 starter pokemon along the way. :nervous:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2006
    It would be cool if they did. It should be called LightningYellow since you can't see Thunder.

Years
    Im not sure as to why they didn't make a remake of it. Maybe sales were not as good on it as R/B. They always go based off of sales and stuff so it could be the reason.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    |Torkip| said:
    It would be cool if they did. It should be called LightningYellow since you can't see Thunder.

Heh, I guess I messed up on the title. LightningYellow sounds better. :nervous:

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    That would be highly unlikely.. If they were going to create a third party game for FR/LG, it would definitely be something about Blue. Pokemmon Green and Red were the first copies. Blue was just a remake of them. And yellow was just a "Special Edition" and was not incorporated with R/G/B. I don't really think we need another Kanto Region game(even though it's my favorite region).

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    SRV said:
    That would be highly unlikely.. If they were going to create a third party game for FR/LG, it would definitely be something about Blue. Pokemmon Green and Red were the first copies. Blue was just a remake of them. And yellow was just a "Special Edition" and was not incorporated with R/G/B. I don't really think we need another Kanto Region game(even though it's my favorite region).

I guess your right SRV. I really wanted it just because Pikachu says "Pika!!" evrytime it's about to battle. :(

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Yeah, you're right! they haven't made a Johto game for the GBA. I would love to se how much it has changed>

SRV

Years
    • Age 34
    • N.B.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    You mean Gold and Silver? Ah, those were my favorite games from the whole series:)
    But I don't know..A remake? They should just leave it the way it is, on Gameboy Color.

Webmaster Tyler

Owner of Pokemon Help
    Years
    Ridley-X4 said:
    Not gonna happen. They would have released it after FR/LG BUT BEFORE Emerald.

Thats not nesasarly true! Then that would mean that they would have released emerald before FireRed and LeafGreen!
    :P

Spirit's Fire

The Umbreon Master
    Years
    I don't know... I think a full all-region version of the game is long overdue. Everyone wants to be able to travel to Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn in one game, but so far, only the Johto games [Silver, Gold, Crystal] have done more than one region.

I'm sure a special Pikachu version of the game would actually work. Pokemon Yellow actually achieved sales that were higher than the combined sales of Red/Blue and the Japan only release Green. Therefore, a LightningYellow game featuring Pikachu would be a welcome addition, if only to satisfy the many Pikachu fans wanting a comeback.

However, Kanto is old and Pokemon fans want more, right? If it were up to me, I'd make a Pokemon game to fit the story line of the shows, including the addition of the Orange Islands, as well as separate Leagues for each region.

Here's how it'd go. You'd start off in Kanto with a Pikachu that doesn't like you and won't get into its pokeball. The road to Veridian would have to be longer, because there would be the addition of minigames. AKA running from Spearows, meeting Misty in a little dialogue and stealing her bike, causing Pikachu's MASSIVE thundershock, and so on.

Sounds fun, eh? I've always wondered why they didn't actually follow the storyline. Maybe they thought it was too boring. O_o

Thus, I might just decide to start learning how to hack and do something like this... I don't have the best track record for projects, and it's likely I'll give up long before. Wish me luck! The Orange Islands maps would be totally new, since Nintendo decided not to incorporate the Islands into the games. Anyone feel like helping? I've got the storyline down completely, so if anyone is any good at hacking and things like that... I could use the help. ^^;

Back