• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Tier Discussion/Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
I've seen a few Bibarel sets that are just uncalled for.

His ability is just plain beastly, as once he powers up, it doesn't matter how much the opponent powers up, he can always sweep.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
My Bibarel has taken a Thunder from a Lanturn in the rain and survived with over half of it's health.

I like Bibarel in UU.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
My Bibarel has taken a Thunder from a Lanturn in the rain and survived with over half of it's health.

I like Bibarel in UU.

Lanturn isn't exactly the most offensive electric type, or even Pokemon in general.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
but hey, STAB thunder doing that much damage is an impressive feat for bibarel, so don't take that away from it heh

i just thought i'd put a quick input on shaymin. thing is easily countered in ideal situations, but it's pretty broken. that's all there is to it.

chatot is quite viable now with heat wave. although plusle/minun do have a means of countering it and either one is almost on every NU team ever built, they are almost always offensive sets, making them vulnerable to a possible 2HKO if chatot has more speed and has a subplot set.

chimecho is one hell of a staller. i've outstalled a bronzong and hippowdown in one battle with chimecho. mightyena is the only thing that can take it out quick enough if chimecho isn't running reflect, which most do. it makes a good semi-bulk specs sweeper, giving it more real use in UU.

exploud has tons of potential. i think the only thing stopping it from being in UU is it's pure ugliness and lack of focus punch.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Aaaaaaaaaaand sims, I see your point, but luck isn't useful in the hands of something useless already, like Dunsparce. It's still going to get crushed by everything. Things like Garchomp and Skymin are good enough that many believe the extra luck they have tips the scale, and that's what I'm interested in.

Still, if you're trying to ban something, you have to prove that it's uber or BL or whatever. In the Garchomp discussions, the whole "overkill" thing was used, but I just didn't see it and still don't. I have a feeling that Skymin could have a very similar fate when it comes to what people actually decide to base their votes on (assuming Smogon keeps that system in place, and as much as I don't like it, it's better than most anything else).

I think my mini debate with Vance kind of shows it...people interpret luck differently in many cases, and I don't think any well thought-out interpretations are really "wrong," but it does show how weird the issue is, hahaha

I still think people whine about luck way too much in a luck-based game to begin with, lol
I cannot believe I actually have to explain this at all, to anyone, but Dunsparce was a joke. Hence why I said lulz insured. No need to explain why or how luck is a factor.

My point, which I cannot believe I have to clarify, was actually agree-ing with you. In fact, you actually repeated what I said.

I don't see a need to have a thread about tier luck & whatnot. Not now. If luck was the sole defining characteristic going for it, then Dunsparce should be banned (lulz insured). But Shaymin is very powerful, and that's without relying on the impressive 85% chance of Sp.Def drop. And the occasional < %50 flinch rate --not on Lucario

I think much stress is being put into Haxmin, while ignoring her other talents. I mean, somewhat, of course. Not to say that we are completely diregarding the her power.

Seems familiar to your first paragraph? Heck, looking back, it is basically a summary of your entire quoted post. To re-clarify moar, if luck was the only thing we were looking at, then Dunsparce is godly (lulz, lulz, lulz). But it isn't.

Anywho, luck is one thing, but gamebreaking luck is something else. I don't really see it as whining, so much as trying to balance an unbalanced game (made that way for teh lulz, might I add. Miyamoto has a sick sense of humor)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Lanturn isn't exactly the most offensive electric type, or even Pokemon in general.

No, but I wasn't exactly trying to make it sound OU, else I would have said it took a Thunder from a Zapdos or something (Which mine never has). :/

Anti

return of the king
Years
I knew it was a joke, but I figured I might as well make the point in case people start bringing up Jirachi. I was really trying to respond more to the "we better not make a thread about it" thing =p It already shaped Garchomp's fate and it certainly could have a huge effect on Skymin...yet people actually define it differently, as Vance and I debating the topic shows. ;p

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
Oh thank God. I thought there was a huge step backwards on this site if you didn't see the humor in that Dunsparce comment.

But I don't see how it is defined so differently, at least in the case of Chomp or Skymin. If they have one sided luck that tips the scale, then it should be a factor.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
We have a new Tier Discussion / Resource in the brand new Shoddy Lounge sub-forum ladies! :D

LOCKED & UNSTUCK, YO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back