• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE2: Team Rocket Edition, The Revamped Episode

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Thank you!

Thanks!

So far, it seems to run the same on my gameboy flash cart as it does in the emulator, but all of my testing is done on the emulator so there might be some differences on the flash cart.

For a release estimate, its hard to say. Some weeks, everything goes as planned. Other weeks, I run into difficulty with a seemingly simple feature, and that ends up taking the entire week.

It will be released sometime in the second half of 2015.

Thanks!

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, it's been a busy month at work and I kind of burned myself out in the previous weeks from working heavily on the hack.

So my only new announcement is the addition of a Special Defense and Special Attack stat split. I mentioned previously that I had a work around by combining the Special stat with the Attack or Defense stat, to come up with a faux Special Attack/Defense, but was talked out of it. This new stat is almost fully implemented, I just need to finish a few things and then make sure everything works as planned.

Expect a new video once I add in some of the remaining new battle features! (Probably by early next month)
Are Special Attack and Special Defense going to work like in Pokemon Gold and Silver onwards?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
This hack is really, REALLY good. It amazes me how you added so many new things! I never commented here, so I thought that i should compliment you for your good work. You are awesom!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
This hack is really, REALLY good. It amazes me how you added so many new things! I never commented here, so I thought that i should compliment you for your good work. You are awesom!

Thanks!

i just want to let you know that your site isnt working

What do you mean? It is working for me.

For an update, I've been working on a few sprites/graphics lately, but I will get back to to programming soon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
I can't wait man, i really want to play this hack so bad!

Thanks! I want to finish it so bad.

I still haven't worked on getting the new sprites INTO the game, but when they are in I will be sure to post a nice update announcing some related changes!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
The grind is real. How far along are you with scripting and the actual gameplay?

The main over world scripting is pretty far along, maybe 75% finished.

The battle scripting, maybe 75% as well (this is what I'm in the middle of ATM).

Items and HMs: 25%? A few major ones are complete or very close to it

Map scripting, 10% (only 3 simple towns are complete).

Overworld layout is about 95%, but no text or battle info (besides the aforementioned 3 towns)

Of course, I keep coming up with better ideas for a lot of features I've already implemented, so its more like two steps forward, one step back. (For example, better tilesets are planned, which will cause a few layout changes to the overworld)

PokeGlitch, you must finish this hack real fast ahahaahh

I'm trying! Still, I won't be able to get much done during the holidays.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Time surely flies.
I still remember seeing TRE1 released 6 years ago.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
This question may has been asked but still, when can we actually expect an playable versionof this hack? It looks pretty awesome! Wanna play it :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Time surely flies.
I still remember seeing TRE1 released 6 years ago.

It certainly does.

This is the first gb game that i fell in love with.
Thanks!

This question may has been asked but still, when can we actually expect an playable versionof this hack? It looks pretty awesome! Wanna play it :D

Thanks! By this time next year, I fully expect this game to be released.

Here an announcement of what I've been working on this past month:

1. New Attacks:
    • 255 attacks in total
    • All 50 TMs are new
    • Damage, PP, and Accuracy are finished
    • Still need to add in animations and new effects
  2. New Pokemon
    • Every Gen 1 family has its full evolution line (32 new pokemon in all)
    • 14 New Evolution Methods are planned (they have not been implemented yet)
    • Every pokemon will receive a new moveset/learn set. (Currently creating these)

I actually haven't touched the ROM in a few weeks, all of the progress was planning & collecting of sprites/stats/etc & converting to the correct data format for GB games.

Working on all of this is certainly a puzzles that slowly fits together piece by piece. Tonight I plan on actually modifying the ROM data again and begin to add these new attacks/pokemon into the game.

Stay tuned for screenshots once all of these are placed into the game!

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Yes, and everything is ready to be put into the game for all of these pokemon except their movesets and learnsets (I have collected and converted their sprites and stats already).

These are the new pokemon:
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Crobat
Bellossom
Politoed
Slowking
Magnezone
Steelix
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Happiny
Blissey
Tangrowth
Kingdra
Mime Jr.
Scizor
Smoochum
Elekid
Electivire
Magby
Magmortar
Espeon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Sylveon
Porygon2
Porygon-Z
Munchlax

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
How are you handling Sylveon's evolution? Just "level up knowing a fairy-type move"?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
To be honnest, I was so happy when You released the first Team Rocket Edition, because I always wanted to play the bad guy! But the TRE1 was shit! I mean seriously (sorry for saying it).
BUT THIS ONE IS SOOOOOOOO AWSOME! ROCKS dude ROCKS!
Thank you for sharing! Waiting the final release! ;) woooooooooo

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
To be honnest, I was so happy when You released the first Team Rocket Edition, because I always wanted to play the bad guy! But the TRE1 was shit! I mean seriously (sorry for saying it).
BUT THIS ONE IS SOOOOOOOO AWSOME! ROCKS dude ROCKS!
Thank you for sharing! Waiting the final release! ;) woooooooooo

Hahah, no i agree with you. Compared to what can be done now (thanks to the disassembly team and all of the knowledge recorded by other gen1 hackers), it is a very generic hack.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2023
Here's a quick update:

I'm slowly working on the movesets and learn sets for each pokemon. Only about a quarter of the way done. I've decided to increase the number of tm's to 75 (with 5 hms). I haven't actually placed the attacks or tm list into the game yet.

I have been digging through the Special Defense code that I added a few months ago. I can see why I decided to take a break, there are so many different functions that I have to update to include this new stat.

I finally got the "stat modifiers" working for special defense, so you can increase or decrease the special defense while in battle. The game also already calculates and saves the sp. defense stat correctly when you level up or encounter/receive a new pokemon, and the saving of the EVs works properly.

So all that remains (as far as i know) is fixing what happens when you deposit/withdraw from the PC. Of course, I still want to go back and double check each new feature I implemented, just to make sure there are no bugs (the code I had previously for the 'modifiers' was a mess, I had to re-do all of it).

There will be a new video showing new pokemon, new attacks (without the animations), and ability/environment effects in action by the beginning of next month. I already implemented in-battle effects & messages for certain abilities (ones that affect attack damage) and for the environment (attacks of a certain type will get boosted depending on where you are). I just have to double check that code as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Here's a quick update:

I'm slowly working on the movesets and learn sets for each pokemon. Only about a quarter of the way done. I've decided to increase the number of tm's to 75 (with 5 hms). I haven't actually placed the attacks or tm list into the game yet.

I have been digging through the Special Defense code that I added a few months ago. I can see why I decided to take a break, there are so many different functions that I have to update to include this new stat.

I finally got the "stat modifiers" working for special defense, so you can increase or decrease the special defense while in battle. The game also already calculates and saves the sp. defense stat correctly when you level up or encounter/receive a new pokemon, and the saving of the EVs works properly.

So all that remains (as far as i know) is fixing what happens when you deposit/withdraw from the PC. Of course, I still want to go back and double check each new feature I implemented, just to make sure there are no bugs (the code I had previously for the 'modifiers' was a mess, I had to re-do all of it).

There will be a new video showing new pokemon, new attacks (without the animations), and ability/environment effects in action by the beginning of next month. I already implemented in-battle effects & messages for certain abilities (ones that affect attack damage) and for the environment (attacks of a certain type will get boosted depending on where you are). I just have to double check that code as well.
I have a question... How do you stay sane? (I might have asked you this before.) I'm just imagining you sticking "jp Blah" commands into every single routine of the game... And how the heck are you keeping track of the changes you're making? Surely you've revisited a function only to realize that you've already hacked up beyond comprehension from some earlier work.

Back