• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Twilight

Years
    Pokemon Twilight
    Welcome to the Pokémon Twilight thread!
    Pokemon Twilight
    Game information
    CNG / Crazyninjaguy
    Author
    CNG, Star-Shower and others
    Team
    Getting There!
    Status
    Demo Coming Soon
    Release
    You might remeber the old Twilight thread which was on Pokecommunity. I'm now back with a better understanding of RMXP, and i'm now reviving Pokemon Twilight.
    I worked on Pokemon Twilight on my computer which recently blew up, literally. So I started again and
    asked The Dewitty's permission to use his tiles. He allowed me to and now Twilight has an outstanding appearance.

For more current updates, we have a Planetdev Thread ! Follow us!

Pokemon Twilight Plot~

In the Region of Misori your adventure begins..
    You wake up, it's your birthday. You dash down the stairs excited when your mom tells you Professor Sycamore is looking for you.
    When you visit his lab he tells you that a recent storm has thrown Seaspray Cave out of balance, whirpools have stirred up in the cave.
    You are told to investigate because the professor is too caught up in his work.
    You take a short trip down the route leading to Seaspray Cave. Upon arrival you hear babbling inside the cave from the whirlpools.
    You enter the cave when a Pokémon jumps out at you from behind a rock, only it's not angry, it's hurt.
    It's a Riolu you've never seen one in real life but the professor has one on his pokedex. Worried you hurry back and run to the professor's lab,
    he's not there. You rummage through his desk to find a potion, you find one and return to the cave.
    Once back inside the cave you revisit the injured Riolu and spray it with the potion, it's rejuvenated and happy.
    Now that you have healed it you proceed to investigate the cause of the whirlpools, but the Riolu is following you, you figure it's no harm so you allow it.
    You've ventured very far into the cave. You see a Pokémon, a Wartortle.
    You proceed to see it closer; it seems to be causing the whirlpools so you attack it with rocks on the ground nearby;
    it charges at you clear with the intent to attack. You cringe and turn away, you wait and wait, you turn the Riolu that had been following you is fighting the Wartortle!
    It counters an attack by the Wartortle and knocks it out; the whirlpools stop. You leave the cave and return to your town.
    You tell the professor the news and he congratulates you and notes that the Riolu is still following you.
    You return home and tell your mom, you ask if you can keep the Riolu. She replies that it'll be your birthday present and you reluctantly agree.
    You go back to the professor's and tell him you got a Pokémon, he hands you a pokeball and tells you to capture it, you do and release it from its ball.
    The professor says that you'd be the perfect candidate for his Pokedex Project. Thus you start on your journey.

Characters

Pokemon Twilight

Sol(M)/Luna(F)
    The hero/heroine. Living in the SeaSpray Islands, in the town of SeaSpray.
    He/She has always wanted to care for a Pokemon.
    On your birthday your mother recieves a phonecall off Professor.Redwood, telling
    you that he needs your help.
    What will await the Hero/Heroine...

Professor Lucian Redwood
    He is the youngest of all Pokemon Professor's and is also the leading authority
    in Pokemon Research after Prof.Samuel Oak.
    Redwood owns a lab in SeaSpray Town,
    and offers children who reside in the Region a choice of Pokemon on thier Birthday.
    He rang your mother this morning and he wants you to do an errand for him.
    What Pokemon will you recieve and what does this errand entail?

Lucas (Dad)
    Born in the region of Sinnoh, Lucas trained hard to become the Sinnoh's League Champion.
    He now works at the Carleth City Trainer School, and is willing to give out advice when raising Pokemon.
    He also worked along side this Region's Elite Four, gave talented trainers places as Gym leaders.

Features

-Explore the all-new diverse region of Misori
    -Completely original plot, with multiple sidequests for non-linear gameplay
    -Fully Functioning Dual-Screen and Mystery Gift System
    -Pokemon Black and White Battle System Lookalike
    -Play while listening to the entirely custom soundtrack

Screenshots

Pokemon Twilight

-Some Screenshots may be previous screenies-

Videos

Team

Crazyninjaguy: Project Leader, Scripter, Eventer, Mapper
    Star-Shower: Spriter, Eventer, Mapper,Idealist
    Dew: Tileset
    Aerow: Mapper
    Ben.: Spriter
    PokemonPlatinum: Mapper
    Rassalon: Mapper

Credits/Thank Yous

-Poccil, for his incredible starter kit
    -Dew for great tiles
    -Alucus for some tiles
    -Newtiteuf for some tiles
    -Kymotonian for some tiles
    -~J.V~ for the thread layout

Job Applications

Please send me a PM for Job Applications
    Name: (Insert Name)
    Position: (Insert what you're good at. I.E: Scripting)

To the Reader

Thank you for reading the Pokemon Twilight Thread.
    We hope that you visit this thread often.
    Have a nice day!
    Pokemon Twilight Team

Last edited:

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I like it. Or at least, I like what I've seen so far. They eye candy is promising, especially if you are going to be using Dew's tiles.

The story is weak, though, as you said so yourself. I could help on that, if you want, or I can just toss some ideas around. It seems almost as weird as sending out a ten year old on a journey to capture small creatures. Any particular reason the professor chose you to go to the cave, and on your birthday no less? Maybe he was planning something? Or you are his assistant / aid?

Years
    Thanks!
    And yeah it'd be great if you could help me out with the storyline a bit please, i'm focusing on other aspects of the game first, so it'd be great if you could lend a hand there :)

Also, fixed the first post with a video :D

Hopefully i can update you guys later with some more progress!

Last edited:

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
    Years
    I like it. Or at least, I like what I've seen so far. They eye candy is promising, especially if you are going to be using Dew's tiles.

Ooh! That's a compliment, right?
    Anyways, I love the battle system, you already knew. Good luck with your storyline!

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Ooh! That's a compliment, right?

Of course! I've seen your tiles and I will admit they are very clean and attractive. Much better than any of the custom tiles I've produced, haha.

I just looked at the video and I have to say: the battle system looks smooth. Very much like an in game battle, except thankfully faster. I'm always willing to help, as well, so just send me a PM if you want some advice on anything.

I've seen what you can do with a little scripting in Pokemon Essentials, so I have no worries that the game itself will turn out great.

Years
    Thanks a lot :D
    That really makes me want to work that little bit harder!

Ok, small update, redone battle graphics!
    And an icon on the Fight command :D

Enjoy!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    Keep up the good work :D
    Like I've said on Planetdev, I will help you with anything you need.

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I'm liking the battle icon on the Fight option. It's little things like that, to me, that make a game more enjoyable overall.

Years

Actually, i've improved it again lol.

Now the Pokemon are animated when they come out in battle (Big thanks to Luka S.J for pointing me in the right direction :))
    And the message box has been moved.
    Not sure wether it'll stay where it is for now, or get moved again.

I'll hopefully be able to give you guys some more screenshots after the weekend :D

But for now, here's the Finished WIP battle system, if that makes sense lmao
    To me it slightly resembles Pokemon Black/White, but that could only be me :3

Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    The game looks good! However, I don't see why there should be green outlines on the HP Bars, because it looks odd when the Pokemon's HP is yellow, and there is green outlines around it.

Years
    Oh yeah, i just haven't fixed that yet :P
    I'll be changing that so it follows the rest of the HP bar. :3

Also, i'd like to welcome the following people to the team!

PokemonPlatinum - Mapper
    Aerow - Mapper
    Star-Shower - Mapper/Spriter
    Rassalon - Mapper
    Ben. - Spriter

As you can see, i have quite a few mappers, and i'm currently looking for another spriter to help take the load off Star-Shower.
    Any takers?

Last edited:

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    I'd be happy to help, whether it be random, tedious jobs, (like repositioning sprites that you did yesterday :D) or maybe a tad bit of spriting.

Can't wait for that new storyline :D

Years
    Just another recruitment drive here, i'm currently working on a new system, and need some spriters desperately, as Ben. can't do all the sprites by himself.

There's quite a few, but they're all half done, *hint hint*

If anyone is interested, please drop me a PM :)

Years
    [/spam]

Anywhoo.

I've been working on a new pokemon selection screen for the game today :3
    It's HGSS, but with my own twist (that you can't see yet)

Pokemon Twilight

Comments?

Raikt

Fiction writer.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    I like it so far. Personally, I think the top Pokemon boxes, and the rest underneath them, could be about a pixel or two lower. It feels too close to the top of the split screen for me.

Years
    Well i'm away for three days starting 10 minutes from now, so i'll fix all that when i get back home.

Thanks for your feedback!

Back