• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    I actually want to see an Ice/Steel.

Or perhaps a Bug/Fire if one still doesn't exist. A bug on fire would be awesome. /shot

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    i Love to see a fighting/flying. Staraptor had his chance but bleagh..

and Poison/Fire. That would totally be awesome. (drools)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    Dark/Dragon
    Fire/Dragon
    Electric/Dragon
    Electric/Fire
    Bug/Dragon

Just to name a few (:

Years
    I think Dragon/Grass would be cool. Seeing as they keep coming up with non-legendary dragons that are 4x weak to Ice, Dragon/Grass would be no exception.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    There are a few type combinations I'd like to see, and they are...

Fire/Bug - Something like a fire ant would work perfectly here.

Bug/Electric - They could have done this with Volbeat and Illumise, but they didn't. So perhaps they could make a firefly Pokemon that is actually Bug/Electric.

Fire/Water - There are underwater geysers that reach extremely high temperatures. A Pokemon that could take advantage of that would be great.

Electric/Psychic - I don't know how they could make a Pokemon with this typing, but I think it would be really cool.

Fire/Dragon - Why has this not been done yet? It is one of the most obvious type combinations imaginable. I really hope they make a Pokemon with this typing.

Ghost/Steel - Once again, I don't know how they could pull this off, but it would be awesome to have Ghost/Steel Pokemon.

I could probably come up with more if I wanted to, but it's almost one in the morning and I'm feeling pretty tired.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Ice/Flying Type, that would be cool :P
    Steel/Fire would also be Good :D

Articuno and Heatran. They'd be great types to have on non-Legendary Pokemon though. And they're also good examples of Pokemon whose types are super-effective against each other (Ice>Flying; Fire>Steel).

So bring on Psychic/Poison, Fire/Grass, and all the rest!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'd actually love to see a Fire/Poison. I'm actually somewhat surprised it hasn't been done yet wit the sheer number of fire pokemon that learn Smog naturally and are compatible with the Sludge Bomb TM. It'd be cool to not have to depend on a Houndoom, Magmortar, or a Magcargo in my poison-themed teams just to combat steel-types. :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Articuno and Heatran. They'd be great types to have on non-Legendary Pokemon though. And they're also good examples of Pokemon whose types are super-effective against each other (Ice>Flying; Fire>Steel).

Delibird is ice/flying and it isn't a legendary...then again his stats are ugh. Haha

I don't like the idea of slapping a dragon type on just anything...that's just unimaginative and boring.

I myself want a bug/electric
    ice/electric
    More bug/water (decent ones)
    Poison/fire is another good one that you guys suggested.

Jacob77

Are you reading this?
    Years
    I dont know about you guys ... But how about ...
    Ice / Fighting ? (A wrestling Polar bear?)

:P Or perhaps too many weaknesses >.>?

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    When I was really young, I thought Hypno was Psychic/Poison. I was disappointed when I learned otherwise.

Anyways, I would really like to see Electric/Fighting: it'd be like the ultimate Physical sweeper, with extreme speed and Attack power. Knowing the typical Electric Pokemon though, you could probably blow on it and it'd faint.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Water/Fire - A steam based pokemon?

Fighting/Flying - Seriously, Fighting is the ONLY type Flying hasn't been paired with - it's bound to happen :P

jjohn779

The Uprising
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011

Yea, like a Dragon/Fire-Type, which is and obvious Type Combo... At least one would think... There is no Dragon/Fire-Type (Charizard is a s close as it gets.)
    Whilst still speaking of the Dragon-Type, I'd like to see:
    -Grass/Dragon) think of 4x ice damage again
    -Electric/Dragon) as long as it has levitate it will pwn

Other desire Pokemon Type Combos:
    -Grass/Ghost (Spiritual Manifestation of Nature? Ent-Like?)mabye a sudowoodo evo.
    -Grass/Fire (Idk...)burning bush(bible reference lol)
    -Fire/Ghost (Soul Flame)
    I really like the ice/dragon combo only a couple UU weakness like poison etc

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Fighting/Flying - Seriously, Fighting is the ONLY type Flying hasn't been paired with - it's bound to happen :P

Boxing Chicken, plz. :3

Also I want to see more Ghost variations. Fire/Ghost or Steel/Ghost, respectively.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've always thought it would be interesting to see a Fire/Water combination. I've always thought a Pokemon with this type would have something to do with undersea vents. Or maybe an alligator/crocodile, since they're kind of dragon like, which might mean they breathe fire. Yeah, I know about the Totodile line.

Back