• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    A Grass/Electric or a Grass/Steel type would be pretty interesting.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Pokemon types that are never paired would work, King of Broos. That would make it even more interesting!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I'd like a Fire/Dragon Pokemon for the sake of having the combo...though I think it's sort of redundant since a large majority of dragons can already learn Fire-type moves. But Game Freak could probably pull it off without making such a Pokemon seem unnecessary...

I've wanted a Fire/Water Pokemon for so long, since it'd be one of the biggest self-contradictions in Pokemon typing history... :D

I am intrigued whenever Normal is combo'd, but it seems sort of wrong since, IMO, the point of a Normal-type Pokemon is for it to not to be associated with an element...

Here are some awesome type pairings that have been proposed and that I'd like to see in-game (along with some fanart of Fakemon implementing these types!)

Fire/Psychic
    Spoiler:

Dark/Ice
    Spoiler:

Fire/Grass
    Spoiler:

Steel/Ghost - this typing exudes awesomeness by simply existing :)
    Spoiler:

Electric/Dragon
    Spoiler:

Ghost/Fighting
    Spoiler:

Dark/Ground
    Spoiler:

Rock (I know we have some decent Rock types already, but I like how this one was designed and managed to retain a pure-Rock typing!)
    Spoiler:

CREDITS:
    Stalyumi and Amaress - designed by SolarAbusoru
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=174256

Create-A-Pokemon Project at Smogon (credits listed at linked pages): https://www.smogon.com/cap/
    >>>
    Pyroak - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/pyroak
    Kitsunoh - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/kitsunoh
    Cyclohm - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/cyclohm
    Revenankh - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/revenankh
    Colossoil - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/colossoil
    Stratagem - https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/stratagem

Personally, I'd be extremely happy if the aforementioned Fakemon, or Pokemon concepts similar to them, appeared in Black and White with the mentioned corresponding typings. Especially something like Kitsunoh; I've always wanted a Steel/Ghost Pokemon with the ability Flash Fire and the move Magnet Rise within its movepool (too bad Kitsunoh was designed as a sort of 'scout' Pokemon...that dashed my dreams). So many resistances and immunities to play with... :D

For Pokabu's final evo (Pignition?), I hope that it becomes Fire/Dark, or some other cool combo :)

EDIT: Please, no more Fire/Fighting starters for a long time! That's the main reason I opted against Infernape and broke my "select the Fire-type starter" tradition! If we didn't have this type combo 2 generations in a row (including the gen where such a combo was introduced) for the starter, I wouldn't have been so annoyed...

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Dragon + -
    Ice + -
    Fire + -
    Dark + -

Basically, a bunch of type combos. And most definetly, NO stupid retarded types like Water/Normal or another Flying/Normal. That's plain dumb.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I like all of them, particularly Pyroak. The top one (Amaress) looks way too much like Entei for my liking though... I assume that was the idea, but still. Awesome type combo either way.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I personally will like any type combo with Electric - Really hoping to see and electric Fire coming out soon!

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Ice/Fire or an Ice/Flying thad be beast and yes i am an ice type freak

Jarate

The Jar Based Karate
    Years
    Ghost/Psychic
    Ghost/Fire
    Ghost/Bug

Electric/Fire
    Electric/Dark

Fire/Water
    Fire/Poison

That's all the awesome combos I can really think of off the top of my head.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Grass/Dragon

I actually think Sceptile should've been this. It'd be interesting against Fire-type. But, yeah it would get double Ice weakness; but, still wanna see that. Plus, since Swampert and Blaziken were dual type so I think it should've been like that.

But, maybe Tsutaja will have that.

Dark/Psychic too.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    one of my friends mentioned wanting to see a Dragon/Fire pokemon... After she said that... I TOO would like to see such a pokemon.

Aside from that. NO MORE WATER/DRAGONs PLEASE! PALKIA IS BAD ENOUGH!

I'd also like to see another No Guard pokemon. Not one of those BS Dark/Ghost no weakness crap... Just something that ISN'T Shedinja, because it's an interesting ability and I'm curious to see it on something else.

On a more PERSONAL note... I think a Fire/Psychic type would be VERY interesting.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Or the Almighty Delibird.

I just realized that Normal/Anything not Flying would be awesome as well.

I know right? Girafarig is the only thing I can think of... I would love Normal/Dragon or Normal/Ghost

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Water/Flying, please!

I know everyone here will disagree with me, but we need another water/flying type.

We have Gyarados, Mantine (I think) and Pelipper...only Pelipper learns fly, which means I am forced to fly around with one of the worst water types in the game...we need another one...one that I can use in game to fly on, and one thats is actually decent enough to use.

On a side note..shouldn't there be a weight limit of birds that can fly? I mean seriously, how can a 60-80 pound bird (we will pretend that flying on the 2 lb. Swablu is magic) fly a 100 pound boy/girl around? In reality, the weight limit should be at a minimum of 400..so your choices are limited to legendaries and Dragonite.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Oh, Fly is completely illogical when you can teach it to Pokemon like Pidgey. How's a 2 pound little bird going to fly me halfway across the region? ;P I don't think the minimum weight needs to be 400 pounds, that would make teaching Fly a little inconvenient (although I have forgotten what it feels like to trail back through a region by just walking/surfing because of Fly hehe). I just think it would be better for them to change the Pokemon who can learn Fly.

Water/Flying types would be cool. ^^ I never understood how Gyrados was both, to be honest. Have we ever had a pure flying type?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    He could grip you by the hair.

"It's not a matter of where he grips you, it's a simple matter of weight ratios! A 2-pound bird cannot carry a 100-pound human!"

Of course, this all depends on whether we're talking about an African or European Pidgey...

Years
    He could grip you by the hair.

"It's not a matter of where he grips you, it's a simple matter of weight ratios! A 2-pound bird cannot carry a 100-pound human!"

Of course, this all depends on whether we're talking about an African or European Pidgey...

Wonderful reference XD

I think it's fine that Fly can be taught to Pidgeys and the like. That way, if I don't want to train up a large bird on my team, I can still fly by getting a Pidgey HM02 slave :p

I don't know if I really think water/flying is the most needed type. Maybe a water gargoyle or something would be fun though! /random idea

Back