• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I know everyone here will disagree with me, but we need another water/flying type.

We have Gyarados, Mantine (I think) and Pelipper...only Pelipper learns fly, which means I am forced to fly around with one of the worst water types in the game...we need another one...one that I can use in game to fly on, and one thats is actually decent enough to use.

On a side note..shouldn't there be a weight limit of birds that can fly? I mean seriously, how can a 60-80 pound bird (we will pretend that flying on the 2 lb. Swablu is magic) fly a 100 pound boy/girl around? In reality, the weight limit should be at a minimum of 400..so your choices are limited to legendaries and Dragonite.
    We've already got a type combo thread so let's keep it all together. I merged yours in with it.

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
    Steel/Ice
    Fire/Posion
    Fire/Water
    Electric/Grass
    Grass/Steel
    Bug/Fire (Fire-ant)
    Fire/Ghost
    Ghost/Psychic
    Ghost/Water
    Ghost/Steel
    Ghost/Grass
    Dragon/Ice
    Ice/Rock

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I'm going to say Electric/Flying, because I can't think of one we've had except Zapdos.I think we're also due for an Ice/Dragon pokemon.
    Also I'd like another Grass/Ground pokemon :D

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Unused types: (Ones in Bold italics are those I particularly want to see)
    NB. I'm treating, for example, "Bug/Dark" as the same as "Dark/Bug"

Bug/Dragon

If I've added too many or missed some out, then I apologise. Also, if I've highlighted one that's already been done, then I guess I must want more of that type!

could have been flygon :/

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, the combo I'm most interested in is Ground/Electric. It's a combination of my two favorite types, and I haven't really heard any really good ideas for it, so I would love to see what the designers could come up with.

Also, Ground/Steel. Steelix is the other way around, and I would like to see a kind of digging Pokemon that uses drills. Then I could pierce the heavens!

Hmmm... Dragon/Grass and Dragon/Dark would be interesting, but I don't want a Dragon overload. If they were implemented well, it could work. A Grass/Ghost would be cool as well, I've heard the idea of a jack-o'-lantern and I have a feeling that would be pretty nice.

Fire/Psychic is a popular suggestion as well, and I support it simply out of interest as to what it would look like.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Electric/dark
    fire/psychic
    flying/fighting
    Steel/ghost
    Steel/grass
    Ghost/grass
    ghost/fire
    fire/grass Chili Pepper anyone?
    electric/fighting

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Ice/electric

Ice/fire\
    They bolth would be epic wins

i just thought of i another one ice/poisen

Last edited:

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    The Dragon-type and the Ghost-type are tied for my number one spot as favorite, so I would love to see more type combinations including those, as well as a non-legendary Ghost/Dragon-type Pokemon. Giratina is awesome and whatnot (he's only like, my favorite legendary ever), but I don't like using ubers in-game. Makes me feel like I have an unfair advantage and it takes the challenge out of playing. The combinations I'd really like to see are:

• Ghost/Fighting-type: could be the spirit of a fighter back from the dead. 8D
    • Ghost/Steel-type: would be much like Rotom, in that it is essentially a possesed robot.
    • Ghost/Psychic-type: Jynx 2.0, the spirit of a psychic medium, or some such.
    • Ghost/Dragon-type: like Giratina, but less uber, and not really "evil."
    • Dragon/Ice-type
    • Dragon/Dark-type
    • Dragon/Psychic-type

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    We don't have very many, so i'd like to see more Ghost types.
    Possibly they could also make Ice types not suck in-game.

I'd love a Ghost/Flying, Ghost/Ice, Ghost/Grass.
    Grass/fighting too. Venusape? Primasaur?
    I can only dream.

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    @Jerme
    I'm not sure if you're thinking Flygon really is Bug/Dragon or if you're saying the creators could've made it that, but they didn't. XD
    In any case, Flygon is Dragon/Ground.

And has there been a Grass/Psychic yet? I'd like that.
    I thought the Ralts line was that at first... then discovered it was just psychic.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    @Jerme
    I'm not sure if you're thinking Flygon really is Bug/Dragon or if you're saying the creators could've made it that, but they didn't. XD
    In any case, Flygon is Dragon/Ground.

And has there been a Grass/Psychic yet? I'd like that.
    I thought the Ralts line was that at first... then discovered it was just psychic.

Celebi, Exeggcute, Exeggutor... Those were all of the Grass and Psychic typing. :Dd I've seen a lot of people forgetting about Celebi lately...

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i really want a grass fire.
    singeleaf.
    it could be a plant/monster looking thing and all the leaves and sticks and what not could be all burnt and what not.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    ghost and steel?

steel and psyhic

steel and water

more monotypes?

Back