• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • If we're talking about the starters...

Tsutaaja: Grass/Dragon
    Mijumaru: Water/Ice
    Pokabu: Fire

And I've always wanted to see a pure Flying type. Don't know why, but it would be cool. (b")b

And a flying Psychic.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    what im hopin for:

Dragon/Fire (its common sense)
    Ghost/Psychic (just too cool)
    Ice/Fire (well the legend of zelda can pull off flaming bats, why not pokemon?)
    Ice/Rock (sandstorm + hail immunity.... thats just evil >:3)
    Fire/Grass (best idea ever)
    Fire/Water (2nd best idea ever)
    Fire/Psychic (pyrokenesis >:3)
    Dark/Dragon (possible absol evolution?)
    Grass/Dragon (possible tropius evolution?)
    Pure-Flying (there are none, we need some)
    Water/Ghost (sunken ship anyone? :3)
    Fighting/Flying (we got tons of normal flying, why not?)
    Ghost/Fire (a killer pumpkin i can cook into pumpkin pie lol jk!)

lbirrueta

HAXXING'
    Years
  • I want to see the starter pig become a Fire/Fire type. It would be 4x weak against water/ground/rock but 4x resistant to many things as well!

noob! The mighty Bidoof is already normal/water

yes, i totally agree! the first starter could be only fire then it evolves into a double fire. they should do it to all the starters!!! ;p

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
  • The thing about Fire/Dragons is that, from what I understand, dragons in most Japanese legends are sea dragons. But yeah, it would be awesome. Other Dragon combos I'd like to see are possibly a Rock/Dragon (Alternative Onix evo, anyone?), and a Normal/Dragon (a Dunsparce evo would be cool), and how about Dragon/Fighting (sorry if anyone's already said that one)?

I can see them making a Water/Ghost Pokemon based off of water vapor...

Also, LUXRAY SHOULD'VE BEEN ELECTRIC/DARK!!!!! Seriously, why isn't it?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I'd like to see a pure Flying, a Fire-Ice, a Fire-Grass, some more dual-Electric types, and maybe more common Ice and Fire types. I want some more powerful Bugs too, like Bug-Ground, or Bug-Dragon, or even Bug-Fire. A Bug-Electric, too.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If we're talking about the starters...

Tsutaaja: Grass/Dragon
    Mijumaru: Water/Ice
    Pokabu: Fire

And I've always wanted to see a pure Flying type. Don't know why, but it would be cool. (b")b

And a flying Psychic.

Yeah a flying/psychic would be neat and a pure flying type...hmmm well that would mean we'd get more flying-type moves since now I don't think we have as many as we do other types.

I want Pokabu to be fire/psychic and mijumaru to be either water/fighting, water/normal (odd and may seem boring but could work!), or just a pure water type. Water/ice isn't too bad though.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    the question I asked was, WHAT TYPE COMBOS DO YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OF? I never asked people to point out which ones already exist...

we dont care if they exist already, thats not the question that was originally asked.

Bro, check your first post. You never mentioned what types we want to see MORE of...you did however ask what types we want to see and what types we don't want to see.

So I think you should care if they exist or not because technically you asked for something else.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • 3 things really.

An Ice/Dragon Pokemon. I've dreamt of this for ages, please GF make my dream come true!!
    Steel/Ghost. This would just be plain awesome.
    Ghost/Normal. Also awesome, and all the immunities would be fun to play with!!

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    I second Grass/Steel. The hilarious type interactions it would produce are too good to pass up.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Flying/fighting

Because fighting is the only type flying has yet to be paired up with.

Cloudfall

Togekisser
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2011
    What about a Dark/Dragon? Or maybe even a Grass/Dragon?

Also, an Electric/Ground combo would be pretty nice to see. I sort of came up with these typings on the whim though. :3

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I'd like to see more combos of Electric and Fire, and Poison. Not necessarily with each other, but either way.

Dual-types that are super-effective against each other wouldn't be a new thing. Think about Tropius (Flying>Grass), Camerupt (Ground>Fire), Medicham (Psychic>Fighting), Aggron (Steel>Rock) and just about every Bug-type (Flying>Bug). There are undoubtedly more but you get my point.

Also, doesn't the Swinub family already have immunity to Hail and Sandstorm? And Lugia is Flying/Psychic, although I agree that it'd be awesome to see some non-legendary Pokemon of this dual-type.

Finally, Luxray should have been Dark/Electric. He'd be such a beast then.

Back