• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon U

Years

Pokemon U

Pokemon U is a community project. To update all the Pokemon we love. GameFreak has done a wonderful job, by upgrading the pokedex found in Pokemon XY, the 6th generation of Pokèmon games. They have enhanced each Pokemon, by changing stats, abilities, and types. Pokemon U plans to further those changes, but implementing changes to ALL- if not most of the final stage evolved Pokèmon.We are not afraid to make changes to your favorite Pokèmon, new abilities, changed abilities, new moves, enhanced learnsets, and mega evolutions. When we are finished, a Pokémon Showdown server will be created, applying our changes. Anybody can join, if you have a burning request or tell us how we did, comment on this thread. We plan on giving the best pokéxperience possible.​
    TL;DR
    • We're furthering the work started in XY
    • This is a community project (everybody can join)
    • Increased Stats, Different Abilities, New Mega Evolutions
    List of Pokemon we got to so far, and still editing

Upgrades Made

Spoiler:

The Council

Last edited:

tobyjoey

place text here
    Years
    I am not sure if I am understanding this, but it does seem cool. If I may suggest something, I think it would be cool is Mega Ninetales was Fire/Fairy, and Mega Arcanine was Fire/Dragon. I consider Ninetales and Arcanine counterparts considering they both evolve via Firestone and they are version in FRLG (I am not sure about Red/Blue). Arcanine always had hints of being meant to be a legendary, so Dragon makes sense. Ninetales is mystical, and although Ghost does make more sense, Fairy interestingly combats Mega Arcanine's typing giving her an advantage to the 50 stat higher counterpart pokemon. Just a suggestion. Also, if I am misunderstanding this project, please explain it to me, cause I would love to help out! :)

Years
    I am not sure if I am understanding this, but it does seem cool. If I may suggest something, I think it would be cool is Mega Ninetales was Fire/Fairy, and Mega Arcanine was Fire/Dragon. I consider Ninetales and Arcanine counterparts considering they both evolve via Firestone and they are version in FRLG (I am not sure about Red/Blue). Arcanine always had hints of being meant to be a legendary, so Dragon makes sense. Ninetales is mystical, and although Ghost does make more sense, Fairy interestingly combats Mega Arcanine's typing giving her an advantage to the 50 stat higher counterpart pokemon. Just a suggestion. Also, if I am misunderstanding this project, please explain it to me, cause I would love to help out! :)

TobyJoey I'll be sending you a PM shortly.
    You understand the project. We are trying to redux the pokemon. GameFreak has changed some mons abilities e.g. Scolipede's Quick Feet changed to Speed Boost.
    We also have the ability to increase stats or decrease them.

We also want to give mons 3 abilities, and have them learn moves that would make sense.
    In addition to all of this we can create abilities as well. e.g. Dragon Skin (turn normal moves to Dragon-type) Arcanine's Mega Fire/Dragon does sound half bad. Dragon Stab E-speed. Nice.

and yes Ninetails mega is fire/ghost --partially inspired by the anime, and it learns more ghost moves than other mons. I'm sure DJTiki would like you on the team.

I'm adding that to the dex on the google doc :)

Years
    Either or is completely acceptable. The google doc is more direct (Stream Lining). This forum can be used for discussion, debates or request.
    Such as: Give Lapras Shell Smash please.

Years
    I have an idea
    Butterfree, Venomoth, Beautifly Masquerain, Ninjask, Vivillon ... Receive type changes

Bug/Psychic, Bug/Fairy. Bug/Dark, Bug/Poison, Bug/Water, Bug/Flying

What are your thoughts on a retyping, and what would you retype each as?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Well, gen 2 is underway, well at least its getting close, and we absolutely need a RLY AWESOME SHUCKLE MEGA, cant stress it enough

Years
    I know shuckle needs a mega. but.. Im kinda thinking of a good retyping for the butterfly and bugmons. Shuckle will probally get max 255 .. 255 defenses with 50 points to spare.. it will be annoying to kill.. Contrary with mega forme to? give it 50 more hp. Sandstorm Rest Toxic shellsmash. Perma Life

So Tiki or anybody else what do you think of the typings

Butterfree Bug/Fairy or Bug/Psychic
    Venomoth Bug/Poison or Bug/Psychic
    Beautifly Bug/Fairy ... Bug/Flying ... Bug/Fairy
    Masquran* Water/Bug
    Ninjask Bug/Dark or Bug/Flying
    Vivivvion ... ???

what would the type retypes be like

..also I'm starting to code for pokemon showdown

Years
    Spoiler:

So I was hosting myipaddress.psim.com I've changed the dex files to the upgrades We've agreed on but the changes didn't display here on our simulator. Why is that?

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    hey there!!
    This sounds like a cool project i can see myself participarting in (:
    Im just going to jump in and say the following about your proposed retypes:
    Butterfree: Bug/Psychic - Seems rather fitting imo
    Beautifly: Bug/Fairy - Looks like a Pokemon out of a fairy tell
    Masquerain: Water/Bug to keep in line with its pre-evo

The others i would leave as they are, but here are some more Bugs id like to se retyped:
    Ledian: Bug/Fighting
    Ariados: Bug/Dark
    Volbeat and Illumise: Bug/Electric

Just some ideas :) And let me know if im oficially part of the team :P

DJTiki

Years
    HEY Zorogami, thanks for those ideas! Although im not the absolute head of the pokemon u, i am co-head, and we would LOVE to have u, ill pm u about it, ok?

Years
    hey there!!
    This sounds like a cool project i can see myself participarting in (:
    Im just going to jump in and say the following about your proposed retypes:
    Butterfree: Bug/Psychic - Seems rather fitting imo
    Beautifly: Bug/Fairy - Looks like a Pokemon out of a fairy tell
    Masquerain: Water/Bug to keep in line with its pre-evo

The others i would leave as they are, but here are some more Bugs id like to se retyped:
    Ledian: Bug/Fighting
    Ariados: Bug/Dark
    Volbeat and Illumise: Bug/Electric

Just some ideas :) And let me know if im oficially part of the team :P

You're in. I'm guess your avatar is going to be Blaziken in the OP.

Im thinking Butterfree can be that. Bug/Psy. Ledian has some merit to be bug/fighting (iron fist), and make leedyba just bug?

Ariodos. I want to hear what others have to say.

Last but not least. Volbeat & Illumise. Could float either way. Bug -Ele/Flying/Fire . but none of them appear to be on fire. so Electric bug might be fine ... and I can actually imagine them causing thunderbolts!

Beautifly https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Disputed_Pokémon
    at least its wings appeared in the Entei movie.
    :P

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    Oh yeah i have typing suggestions!

Luxray-Electric\Dark
    Drowzee+Hypno-Psychic\Ghost
    Triple typing (if possible), Mega Mawaile-Steel\Fairy\Fighting.

Years
    Oh yeah i have typing suggestions!

Luxray-Electric\Dark
    Drowzee+Hypno-Psychic\Ghost
    Triple typing (if possible), Mega Mawaile-Steel\Fairy\Fighting.
    I guess you're on the team as well. Do you have a pokemon to represent you?

Hypno I was thinking possibly Psy/Dark since it abducts children. That is certainly something devious to do. Also it has that hypnosis thing. That puts people to sleep.. Wait that instrument was really to put children and pokemon into a dark void. ;D

Luxray Ele/Dark has been thought off.
    -------------

Triple Typing. This is something I'm not sure we can program. Well First off lets say that I'm only 5% sure on how to alter the codes. But for Mawile I was really considering renaming Mawile and making Mega Mawile its real evo. Any thoughts on that or name changes?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    HEY Zorogami, thanks for those ideas! Although im not the absolute head of the pokemon u, i am co-head, and we would LOVE to have u, ill pm u about it, ok?

Thanks a lot, looking forward to interacting with you guys!

You're in. I'm guess your avatar is going to be Blaziken in the OP.

Im thinking Butterfree can be that. Bug/Psy. Ledian has some merit to be bug/fighting (iron fist), and make leedyba just bug?

Ariodos. I want to hear what others have to say.

Last but not least. Volbeat & Illumise. Could float either way. Bug -Ele/Flying/Fire . but none of them appear to be on fire. so Electric bug might be fine ... and I can actually imagine them causing thunderbolts!

Beautifly https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Disputed_Pokémon
    at least its wings appeared in the Entei movie.
    :P

Blaziken seems like a good choice i think :P
    Well, Ledyba seems like a pretty regular bug, so id leave it like that

i suggested Ariados as a dark type because he looks so vicious and dangerous imo.
    Fire would be really cool for volbeat/illumise, but electric fits better i think. I got this idea from a hack, where they are actually both ele/bug.

Haha wow, i didnt know that about Beautifly!

Hypno as Psychic/dark seems a good choice, and while we are at it, i thinks that a good dual type for the Gothitelle line as well.
    Luxray dark/ele is a thing that definitely need to happen!!

Question: Is there some kind of order we go by or just random ideas??

DJTiki

Years
    Its just a random order of whatever we think of, we do go by generations of games, but right now, it doesnt matter

Back