• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon unable to participate?

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
  • Everytime I try to continue with a random match up in the battle center through PSS, it keeps telling me something about your pokemon are unable to participate.
    But they're not banned. I did some research and it's supposed to tell me if they're banned.

Any ideas?

Years
  • One thing about OR/AS that some people don't know is that these games introduced some new moves and items that are not in the coding for X/Y and given the PSS can connect with those games, it blocks the OR/AS-exclusive stuff.

A list below of moves and items that are affected:
    Spoiler:

If your Pokemon knows any of those moves or is holding any of those items, it cannot be used since Random Matchup can sometimes link up with an X/Y player who cannot see them.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • One thing about OR/AS that some people don't know is that these games introduced some new moves and items that are not in the coding for X/Y and given the PSS can connect with those games, it blocks the OR/AS-exclusive stuff.

A list below of moves and items that are affected:
    Spoiler:

If your PokemonPokemon unable to participate? knows any of those moves or is holding any of those items, it cannot be used since Random Matchup can sometimes link up with an X/Y player who cannot see them.

So basically any Mega Evolution item?

Melacine

kik: melacinee
    Years
  • I did use powersaves to obtain them.
    Could that be the reason?

If so, wouldn't it say they're banned though?
    And is there a fix for this?

Well, try going back into powersave and resetting all their EVs to zero. Then apply that, and then go back into powersave again and put the EVs back as they were before. Although if you used that Wondercard method with the lady in the Pokemon Center who gives you the Pokemon idk how to fix that because the Pokemon I get from that lady aren't able to be traded or battled with online...try the EV thing though!

And if you did get the Pokemon via Mystery Gift/PC Lady, try breeding them with a Ditto and then editing the baby. That should allow you to use it to battle.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    So basically any Mega Evolution item?

Nope, just Megas introduced in OR/AS as X and Y dose NOT have data for new mega evolution. So things like Mega Absol and Mega Charzard X is fine.

But it looks like Hacking is the problem since they strengthened their security against any hacked pokemon.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • Well, try going back into powersave and resetting all their EVs to zero. Then apply that, and then go back into powersave againPokemon unable to participate? and put the EVs back as they were before. Although if you used that Wondercard method with the lady in the PokemonPokemon unable to participate? Center who gives you the Pokemon idk how to fix that because the Pokemon I get from that lady aren't able to be traded or battled with online...try the EV thing though!

And if you did get the Pokemon via Mystery Gift/PC Lady, try breeding them with a Ditto and then editing the baby. That should allow you to use it to battle.

So basically you're saying since I used the fake wondercard method, there's no way to fix it?
    :(

Pal why did you go to the dark side?

I mean if you needed pokemon quick you could've just used 5IV'ed pokemon from different egg groups rather than a 6IV ditto~
    Like a male Whismur (monster/field) with Torchic (field)...

And also I directly just saw your other post on another thread about how much hacking has increased since Emerald ROMS were made.

Back