• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon vs. Pokemon Poll #4 - Bellossom Vs Vileplume

Bellossom or Vileplume?

• Bellossom

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Vileplume

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Previous pokemon vs. pokemon poll

Its that time of week again! This time, its about two grass pokemon from the Oddish family:

vs.

Similarities:
    ~Both are evolutions from Gloom
    ~Both base stats total 480
    ~ Both have Chlorophyll ability

Differences:
    ~ Vileplume is a dual Poison / Grass type pokemon
    ~ Bellossom is strictly a Grass type
    ~ Vileplume has a effect spore hidden ability
    ~ Bellossom has a Healer hidden ability

So, which pokemon do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • /you should also put under differences that Vileplume has a higher Sp. Atk. stat whereas Bellossom has a higher Sp. Def. stat (which comes off as weird to me because Vileplume seems more bulky, but w/e) but Idk

Nonetheless, I've always liked Bellossom over Vileplume. I trained Bellossom in my imported SS and Vileplume in my HG, and I ended up getting rid of Vileplume because despite mentioning how its Sp. Atk. stat was higher, it was still pretty useless. Bellossom, on the other hand, I found rather useful in my SS despite having a Porygon2 and a shiny and other amazing Pokemon, save for my Flareon.

I also like Bellossom's design a lot more, as I've always been partial to elegant-looking Pokemon :3

Years
  • Bellossom is way cuter! I have both Bellossom and Vileplume in Ruby and SS but Bellossom just looks cuter.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Ive never really used either, even after the urging of my 5 year old brother to get "The Pokemon that has a punk mushroom thingy on its head and its purpleeeeeee". I think that the designs for them are..Meh. Plus I like better Grass types :D.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've always liked Bellossom than Vileplume. When I first played FireRed, I captured an Oddish and let it evolve into Gloom. But I waited for the sun stone because I don't like Vileplume. xD

And Bellossom's design is waaay better than Vileplume's. Vileplume reminds me of a rafflesia, which I never liked.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Bellossom is much different than its pre-evolution, in terms of typing and looks. Vileplume, on the other hand, seems rather expected as a Gloom's evolution. And I feel that Bellossom seems to have a happier life as well! (unlike Vileplume who has to carry its oversized flower all the time) XD

I guess I'm not really a fan of Grass/Poison types either, there are a lot of them, and it negates the super-effectiveness of Poison, which makes Poison-types less useful. :/

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I really don't care for both, but Belossum for better design.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Markus1992

Azura
    Years
  • Awww, i feel sorry for Vileplume... don't worry buddy, their just jealous because you could kick Bellossom's behind any day. ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I likr both and Vileplume looked edgier and cooler and is more offensive but Bellossom had the better design and was more creative and is quite happy.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Strangely, I like Vileplume better because it has STAB Sludge Bomb to wreck Bellossom with, plus it's more tailored towards offense, though it can defend itself decently as well.

Yeah I agree with you PlatinumDude. I have used a Vileplume, and it's great for it's SpA. And sludgebomb is nice, I haven't check if she get's any new moves in Gen V?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Vileplume. I just find it stronger, wider moveset, and it just is better in battle. So Vileplume gets my vote :D

StevieJee

Pokémon Agate
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    It has to be Bellossom based basically on looks. I used to love Vileplume until Bellossom came out but to be honest... I prefer other Grass-type Pokémon :P!

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I loved them both but I have to go with Vileplume. I used one in my Yellow so it has good memories. I think I will always prefer Vileplume because of this.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bellossom, I've always liked it and I once made an entire forum about it, lol :( That's how much I like it!

Infact, used to be one of my favourites til gen 5 arrived. Either way Vileplume sucks imo.

Back