• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokemon vs. Pokemon Weekly Poll #3] Solrock vs. Lunatone

Solrock or Lunatone?

• Solrock

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Lunatone

Votes: 21 72.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Previous pokemon vs. pokemon poll

Its that time of week again! This time, its about two familiar meteorite pokemon from R / S / E:

vs.

Similarities:
    ~ Both are meteorite pokemon
    ~ Both are Rock / Psychic dual-type pokemon
    ~ Both base stats total 440

Differences:
    ~ Solrock has more base attack and defense
    ~ Lunatone has more base Special Attack and Special Defense
    ~ Solrock resembles the sun
    ~ Lunatone resembles the moon

So, which pokemon do you prefer and why?

[Got any ideas for a Pokemon vs. Pokemon weekly poll for Pokemon General? Feel free to contact me, Miss Doronjo, via PM. Any type of comparison is accepted! It'll be chosen randomly by a super special awesome secret science and spooky invention though. (the ideas will be picked from a hat. ^___^)]

Last edited:

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Lunatone. Even though I like the daytime more, Lunatone just appeals to me more. I don't know why, though.... Maybe it's because I focus on Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

Special > Physical
    in my opinion...

You rock Lunatone XD!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I've always preferred Lunatone over Solrock. One of the reasons why, is that I've always loved the moon. The sun, ehh, not so much.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I prefer Lunatone, although I do like Solrock too. Lunatone just seems more appealing. Also it looks more like the moon than Solrock looks like the sun.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Something about the design of Solrock isn't as nice as Lunatone. Lunatone also has the "I can't have it, therefore I want it" effect, due to me owning Emerald, and never even seeing a wild Lunatone until Black (which I then caught, and never looked at again :P).

I don't know about their battle capabilities, but I often end up with physical-based teams, particularly in Hoenn, so it would be really useful (ironically, in the one game I'll never find one in).

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2011
    Lunatone, although i've never used it as i had emerald, not sapphire.. Solrock just looks like a boulder with a few spikes, but Lunatone actually resembles the moon. And i've always preferred special attacks to regular.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    Aaaand it's Lunatone for me...

Seems to give me more tranquility than Solrock. I really do like both of them. Really do.

I also prefer Psychic over Rock Slide, and seeing how Solrock learns Solarbeam, I kind of see that as counter-intuitive.

Finally, Moon Stones... That's definitely more preferable over the Sun Stone. ;_; Sorry Solrock!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Lunatone as well because I it has a better design, I liked it more in the anime and because I like Special Attackers more than physical. But Solrock has a better shiny!

Years
    Solrock.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lunatone, too. Solrock's got something extra though. The eyes have more detail and maybe a little more mystery to them. Solrock really looks like it's sitting there thinking about something. Lunatone kinda just looks like it's staring off somewhere.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Crap...this is so hard! In the end, I went with Lunatone who had a slight edge against Solrock. The design looks a bit more appealing (save for the nose which can look frumpy at times), and the shiny is reminiscent of the phrase "once in a blue moon". Solrock's normal coloration is very nice, but the shiny seems to overdo things a bit...

I'm surprised that Solrock is Physically-oriented...one of the things I like about it is its peculiar ability to learn Fire-type attacks in conjuction with Sunny Day and Solarbeam. A shame that none of the Meteorite Duo can learn Morning Sunlight or Moonlight; it seems freaking obvious. Not to mention that Solrock can't have Solar Power or Drought as an additional ability...it's the freaking SUN. Makes way more sense than a random kyubi or dinosaur bringing forth intense sunlight... It's also saddening that Solrock can't learn a single Physical Fire-type move yet to complement its higher Attack stat...

Nevertheless, both of these Pokemon are quite awesome. In the hands of Liza and Tate, these things were horrifying. >.<

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That's a tough one, but I like Solrock better because of how it represents the good guys (SOL) in Pokemon Trozei.

Years
    I've always liked Lunatone over Solrock. Solrock reminds me of the sun and the harsh sunlight so I dislike it. :U Lunatone on the other hand to me represents the tranquility and deepness of the night. Not to forget that earlier I used to prefer special attackers for some reason. :x

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Oh wow I'm suprised at most people in this thread, I've always really pretty much liked Solrock better. Lunatone hasn't really got much of an original design either, it just looks like a half moon with a somewhat beak? Solrock has so much more detail in it's design, including such a lush detail on the rocks surrounding it. :3
    (I'm also a big fire type fan so thats probably a big contributor)
    It's Solrock for me, for sure!

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Lunatone's design is a pure masterpiece.
    I don't like Solrock both for battling and design. Lunatone looks tidier and has better stats. It also has a quite good moveset coverage for types.

Years
    I was leaning towards Lunatone cause I love the name and it possibly looks cooler... but I voted for Solrock cause it needs more love lol and also cause it learns Solarbeam, one of my favourite moves of all time.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I love that some of the differences are that 'Lunatone resembles the moon' and 'Solrock resembles the sun'. Lolz!

Anyhoo, for me it's Lunatone all the way. I've always preferred the moon to the sun, when going on about celestial/zodiac/astrological stuff like this; I prefer its design, also. Added to this that I prefer, on the whole, Special stats to Physical stats, Lunatone just seals the deal for me.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I honestly hate both of them. I think they both are ugly and have terrible designs.

But if I had to choose, I would pick Lunatone because I have an obsession with the moon <3

Back