• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD VS Pokemon Colosseum

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    Which one was the best for you, i think Pokemon XD is the best cause of the expansive story, but the story is still the same which can be boring and ur visiting new and old places but, the old places have the feel of been there done that.

Dont get me wrong Pokemon XD i am really enjoing but now its gettng kinda boring.

Whats your opinions?

- Lone Eevee

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    The only real pro I think Colosseum has over XD is the fact that the main character looks cooler. The instant Umbreon and Espeon is also a plus, but that's prety much it. XD introduces a non-sharked Lugia into your GBA, more Shadow Moves, more Shadow Pokemon, better music, and a little more to do in your adventure.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • If you played Colosseum first, like most people, XD got very boring. I loved Colosseum and played it like 3 times before I got bored of it. But XD was cheap in my opinion. It felt like playing Colosseum over again but with a few changes. The story wasn't as good, the characters weren't as good (or as cool). It did have some nice extra features, like the Pokespots. And the graphics did improve. But I got bored quickly playing through XD. I would give XD an 7.5 out of 10. I would give Colosseum an 9 out of 10. I just wish they would have put time in making XD more original, not just reusing Colosseum.

Last edited:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    They really do need a GCN game with more of a likeness to Pokemon Stadium. I think we all agree that those were a little more fun.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    yeah i agree, Although im the oppsite, i played colosseum first like everyone else and was very bored of the limited locations and the basic story plot, Although XD is very good in my opinion it still could of improved in the location and enhance the story, eventhough XD is still a good story, i have played XD twice now, and im about to play it a 3rd time ^^

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    Pokemon XD is much better than Pokemon Colosseum because XD has a better story line and many more places to go and do. The Pokemon on XD were really nice because the graphics and colours were just right.

My Rating for Pokemon XD: 10/10
    My Rating for Pokemon Colosseum: 5/10

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • Synchronize said:
    They really do need a GCN game with more of a likeness to Pokemon Stadium. I think we all agree that those were a little more fun.

I liked the Colosseum/XD type games a lot more than the Stadium games. I thought the Stadium games were kinda boring. But if they do make another Colosseum/XD type game, I hope it turns out better than XD.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
  • For me, Pokemon Colloseum didn't leave as much to remember as XD. I haven't played both for a while (I did play a bit of XD a while ago for kicks), but I find myself liking XD more than I did Collosseum.

Another thing is that XD had two of my favorite (and obligatory for some of my caliber) Pokemon: MEOWTH AND DELCATTY! =3

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Johto Boy said:
    I liked the Colosseum/XD type games a lot more than the Stadium games. I thought the Stadium games were kinda boring. But if they do make another Colosseum/XD type game, I hope it turns out better than XD.

Stadium is better IMO, because the gyms and E4 were actually a challenge <_<. Plus the mini games were a good way to waste time. And to add I could see myself play Silver on TV >_>

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2006
    I liked XD much more than Colosseum. Infact, it took me several months to get through Colosseum because I was so bored. I beat XD in a few days.

Neither of them met up to my expectations though. I found that the regular GB games had the better story. I'll take a good plot over graphics any day.

[Paper Wings]

Cosmic Castaway
    Years
  • Though XD has a more extensive storyline as someone earlier mentioned, I prefer Colosseum myself. I loved the dark theme it had and the Hero's just too cute. In XD, though, it was the same, ol' "I'm the good guy with no father who's going to save the world!" shindig that's common in the rest of the games. I mean, in Colosseum, you can theoretically catch any Pok?mon you wanted, but the programming of the game itself prevented that. In XD, on the other hand, it clearly states that Michael's Snag Machine can only snag Shadow Pok?mon.

That and having to snag so many Shadows (four at once?!) just really irked me. Like Nintendo saw that the fans liked the Shadows and decided to milk that cash cow for all it's worth and then some.

Hive Mind

science fiction nut
    Years
  • I rate Colosseum and Pokemon XD about the same.
    I think it was a bit dissapointing when both of them came out. I've been really hoping for a new Pokemon Stadium type game.

Chronos

Not named from YGO-GX.
    Years
  • I'd say XD was better. I had a far better team in XD, and I enjoyed it more, as I didn't have someone following me all game. Although Jovi did scare me slightly...still, Dark Lugia was awesome, and the music improved.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Looking at each game individually, Colosseum had a decient story, but was flawed in that it was too short with not enough pokemon to catch, and didn't feel like a GB game, as you had to search for save points. Also, some of the fainting animations for pokemon took too long (Vileplume, I'm looking at you).

XD improved on almost everything with an increased story, and a ton more pokemon. However, neither of them are the RPG that happens on handhelds. Nintendo made it this way, I believe, to keep the console and handheld version seperate. I would love it if they actually put a ton of time into one, and made it a full RPG similar to the GB/A versions. Maybe D/P will merge the two styles!

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
  • well, Since Colosseum was nintendos first attempt at making a pok?mon game for the GC, that's why it turned out bad. but, since they now had more Experience with it they created XD but it's kinda hard for me to say because XD did not have a rotateable camera, but it did have a beter storyline, so i'm basically in the middle, or in other words, both of them get my vote

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2007
    I thought both of them were kind of weak compared to the handheld games

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
  • PokeSmurf said:
    I liked XD much more than Colosseum. Infact, it took me several months to get through Colosseum because I was so bored. I beat XD in a few days.

Neither of them met up to my expectations though. I found that the regular GB games had the better story. I'll take a good plot over graphics any day.

I am the COMPLETE opposite. I loved Colosseum and beat it in about a week. I played Colosseum three times though until I got bored. But I didn't like XD because it was cheap IMO. They used a lot of the same things in Colosseum, it felt like playing it again. In fact, I've had XD for over a month and it was so boring I just finished it a few days ago. But yeah the regular GB/GBC/GBA games are definitly the best.

Back