• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XY Phantom Gate

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Not Fake! See for yourself!

Discuss the new set here. I'll predict a setlst, just like most upcoming sets.

Revisions so far: 4

1. Paras
    2. Parasect
    3. Venonat
    4. Venomoth
    5. Tangela
    6. Tangrowth
    7. Yanma
    8. Yanmega
    9. Karrablast
    10. Vulpix
    11. Ninetales
    12. Fletchinder
    13. Talonflame
    14. Litleo
    15. Pyroar
    16. Krabby
    17. Kingler
    18. Totodile
    19. Croconaw
    20. Feraligatr
    21. Frillish
    22. Jellicent

24. Manectric-EX
    25. M Manectric-EX
    26. Joltik
    27. Galvantula
    28. Helioptile
    29. Heliolisk
    30. Zubat
    31. Golbat
    32. Crobat
    33. Gengar-EX
    34. M Gengar-EX
    35. Spinarak
    36. Ariados
    37. Wobuffet
    38. Misdreavus
    39. Mismagius
    40. Litwick
    41. Lampent
    42. Chandelure
    43. Pumpkaboo
    44. Gourgeist
    45. Onix
    46. Phanpy
    47. Donphan
    48. Murkrow
    49. Honchkrow
    50. Purrloin
    51. Liepard
    52. Steelix
    53. Bronzor
    54. Bronzong
    55. Escavalier
    56. Flabebe
    57. Floette
    58. Florges
    59. Gible
    60. Gabite
    61. Garchomp
    62. Deino
    63. Zweilous
    64. Hydreigon
    65. Zygarde-EX
    66. Spearow
    67. Fearow
    68. Whismur
    69. Loudred
    70. Exploud
    71. Starly
    72. Staravia
    73. Staraptor
    74. Audino
    75. Fletchling

#76-81 are Item cards, and since I don't speak Japanese, I will not list them.

82. Gengar Spirit Link
    83. Manectric Spirit Link
    84. AZ
    85. Valerie

#86 should be a Stadium Card...

87. Dimensional Ravine
    88. Mystery Energy
    89. (Full Art) Manectric-EX
    90. (Full Art) Gengar-EX
    92. (Full Art) Zygarde-EX
    93. (Full Art) AZ
    94. (Full Art) Valerie
    95. M Manectric-EX (Gold)
    96. M Gengar-EX (Gold)

#97-100 are top secret.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I really would appreciate a playable venomoth. Either way i can only imagine its going to focus on Psychic pokemon.

I imagine Gengar, Alakazam or Mewtwo X/Y as new Megas.

Years
  • First post (howdy everyone). All I really want to see in this set is Alakazam-EX. Even if every other card was some variation of Magikarp or Feebas, I'd be perfectly fine with buying a booster box for the sake of getting Alakazam-EX. Pleeease.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2014
    The ultra-rare cards that have been confirmed so far for the set are gengar ex, mega gengar ex, mega manectric ex, aegislash ex, and dialga ex.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
  • Depending how darks are played in the meta, Gengar-Ex/Trevenant/Dragalge looks pretty interesting, especially with whatever support we get out of the set.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I like Aegislash as an EX, but I really don't see why Dialgas in the set. Give me a Mega Mewtwo though and I'll be happy.

Years
  • Actually, I'm pretty sure Aegislash EX and Dialga EX are from the Hyper Metal Chain Deck which comes out in Japan on the same day as Phantom Gate I believe.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I'm stoked about a new Gengar card. Manectric in the same set, too. And now Aegislash? Man, this set is looking really good. Three of my favorite pokemon all get EXs in one set.

It would be cool to see Banette, though. I wonder if/when they'll have a new Houndoom card, maybe even a Mega Houndoom. Oh man, I would kill for a Mega Houndoom card.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Actually, I'm pretty sure Aegislash EX and Dialga EX are from the Hyper Metal Chain Deck which comes out in Japan on the same day as Phantom Gate I believe.

Glad to hear that, means the other EX spots are still up for grabs. I'll get the deck for the two EX's though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    Aegislash EX, I believe, was rumored to be in the actual set as well as the Deck, but I haven't seen anything outright confirming that. Still, I'm optimistic that we'll get Zygarde here if only because it's one of the few Gen 6 that hasn't seen an actual release yet.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    OK, I made a revised predicition for the set list, with the first few cards of the set announced. Check out the first post.

And for the Spirit Link cards, I put the Pokémon's Japanese names in Japanese Alphabetical Order. (Gengaa, Raiboruto)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm working on a set list but I hope to see Pokemon we haven't seen in awhile.

Some Pokemon I hope make it are

Vulpix and Ninetales, Venonat, Venomoth, Mothim, Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss as a Fairy type card, Zangoose, Misdreavus and Mismagius, Espeon and Umbreon, Phanpy and Donphan, the Ralts line with Gallade, Chimecho, Cranidos and Rampardos, Hippopotas and Hippowdon, Finneon and Lumineon and Deerling and Sawbuck.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I think now would be a good time to get reprinting max potion. They're far and few between and getting even harder to find. Hopefully, it will get reprinted in this set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I see galvantula on the english list on Bulbapedia. I am feeling hopeful that they will print 1 good bug pokemon. I would like there to be an electric deck that is viable.

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    Solid move! There's no more room for Chinchou and Lanturn. Hopefully Chinchou and Lanturn appear in the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire" set, since they're in the Hoenn Dex.

Back