• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Yellow "Starters"

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
  • Nidoking was one of my favourite Pokemon back in the day. Used him all the time. What irritated me was that on Stadium he didn't look nearly as badass. I expcted him to be as big as Rhydon was.

Joenub707

2.15.09 Official Spambot War
    Years
  • I believe a Pokemon like Mankey would be a good Pokemon to use.

But since I couldn't catch one.(CRAP)

I faced Brock with Pikachu and won....barely! LOL

triggerhappymonk

Strong as crap trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Pokémon Yellow... sure brings back memories... Memories of training my Pikachu 'till it learned quick attack then beating brock the beating the game with a really strong Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    Easiest way to beat Brock in Yellow without grinding is;

1. Get a Pidgey, getting it to level 15-ish is no task.
    2. Get a Rattata, doesn't matter which level. (Should have Tail Whip)

Spam Sand Attack on Brock's pokemon with your Pidgey. All of his attacks will eventually miss. Switch out to Rattata and spam Tail Whip. A few tackles from Pidgey will finish off the boss in no time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Old team at the beginning was Mankey, Pikachu, Rattata, Pidgey and that was about it. I tended to get them all the level 10 and just blast through.

Nowadays, I catch do the following:

* Catch Pidgey
    * Level Pikachu to lv.20
    * Fight Brock, and win.
    * ???
    * Profit :)

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Ah, Nidoking. I shall miss you, and it seems I wasn't the only one to catch a Nidoran and "Uber" it up.

It took me months to beat Brock (I was a kid), and a friend told me that Nidoran learnt DoubleKick, which was great. Soon I caught a Nidoran (M), and it became the only Pokemon I used (Unless I felt like training Charmander, which was rare).

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    I smashed my way through brock by brutel force I only wanted To keep one pokemon and that was with my pika I raised him to level 20 and easily went past brock I stayed with my pika untill the end of the game my pika(riatue)was at a level 95 no one could beat my pokemon then

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • As a child I would spam Thunder Wave for some reason, expecting it to do something eventually. Then I discovered the Nidoran male, and have used one in every regular runthrough of Yellow since :D . Thrash dominates.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    I TOO used a Nidoran for Brock. His name is Nidon and is now a Nidoking. Pika, is REALLY under leveled with Rowan the Spearow. But my Saur, Char, and Aquablaster are now in their 20's.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Funny thing is that when I first got Pokemon Yellow, I grinded and grinded and grinded, and finally, after lots of grinding, I beat Brock using tackle. :P

Recently, I just used a Nidoran♂ with its Double Kick. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    For Brock on Yellow I always use Mankey. Mankey's Low Kick destroys Brock.

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Well, I hate to brag -Pulls brag face-
    I use Pikachu ;)
    I trained it hard so it learned quick attack :)
    ANd he can slightly harm Brock's pokemon
    Eventually done the job :P

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Is it weird that I've been playing this game again?

I've got Pikachu, Mankey and the 3 starters. Plus I traded for Mr. Mime.

Psychic pokemon are stupid overpowered in these first gen games.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • The first time around I levelled up a Mankey. The other times I either used a Nidoran male or I got my cousin to trade me over a water Pokémon from his game.

Years
  • I used to go with Butterfrees and Nidorans (both) back in the day, I never really liked Mankey. Actually I often boxed Pikachu right at the point where I caught a Nidoran.

Back