• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Yellow "Starters"

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I remember just training my Pidgey and evolving into a Pidgeotto.
    It seemed to do the trick without to much of a problem, from what I rememebr.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I caught a Nidoran and taught it D-Kick, then went on to use Nidoking and the Elemental starters more that Pikachu.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I played yellow right when it came out, and I beat Brock with nidorina. In red I beat Brock by accident, all but one of his onix's twelve attacks missed.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • All I could remember when I was still a kid that I beat Brock (and almost all gym leaders) with the Pikachu. I disliked catching other pokemon for battling purposes and just used Pikachu all the way.

Now, I played Yellow again and caught a Mankey and a Caterpie. Trained Mankey to level 15 and Caterpie (Butterfree) to level 15 also. Pikachu was like 12 this time.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • okay, so we all know that you can't beat Brock with Pikachu, you have to catch others and raise them up to beat him. I'm just curious as to which one(s) you guys used to beat brock. I caught a Nidoran, raised him up, evolved him, and now i use my Nidoking more than Pikachu. anybody do anything similar to that? 8)
    yes, you CAN do this!
    Maxed Evasiveness (double team) and Slam! (requires 20lvl)

Hiyappu_Storm

Aqua Monkey Storm!
    Years
  • I had Yellow at a very young age, and didn't know how to catch pokemon at that time, and ended up with a level 28 Pikachu and was taking out half of his Geodudes health in one Quick Attack, so that was my way, but now I would grab a Mankey and take them out easy.

Blew

Blew Your Mind!
    Years
  • I started various new games on Pokémon Yellow, so what I used against Brock varied between Butterfree, Mankey and Nidoran♂. I think I even attempted to beat him with Pikachu, though whether I actually beat him with it I don't remember (I doubt I did).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I believe I raised a Nidoran to learn Double Kick and mop the floor with Brock. But that's going way back in time; I just know that I don't believe I would have used Butterfree or Mankey in any capacity in the game.

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    I raised a butterfree under the impression that confusion was super effective against rock.

and it worked :D

but pikachu's still my highest level. I still play yellow :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Let's see...I didn't read and kept losing and then lost my first copy of Yellow. :D I was dumb, lol. Nowadays, I raise a Butterfree or a Nido to learn Double Kick.

Back