• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon YellowStorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
  • I have an idea! It's not a 'great' idea but it's a decent one.
    What if - so you don't have to change the sprite of Ash, that maybe he's got a Pikachu plushie on his head at the beginning and THEN it's replaced with the real Pikachu? It's just a thought. LOL

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Its easy to say that :P but you know how awkward people round here can be lol...'easiest' way is to figure out a script that changes the player sprite

also..dont wanna be the annoying one...

but wheres the beta 1 :P in england theres 7 minutes till its may 2nd lol

edit: Sorry for double post...was expecting it to merge the posts

Last edited by a moderator:

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry for the delay, guys. Beta 1 is now released. Have fun, and tell me about any errors you encounter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    I noticed something while playing... The routes and towns/cities change in tone. Like for example the route pallette and the town/city pallette are different shades. The routes look like they're during the daytime and the cities/towns look like it's either getting ready to rain or during night time... I'm not sure if this is an error, but it sure is strange to see...

laserblade14

LC Supporter
    Years
  • Excellent hack man well done. i wasnt sure what to make of the pikachu on the heroes back at first but ive realised its great! Great hack!!

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I noticed something while playing... The routes and towns/cities change in tone. Like for example the route pallette and the town/city pallette are different shades. The routes look like they're during the daytime and the cities/towns look like it's either getting ready to rain or during night time... I'm not sure if this is an error, but it sure is strange to see...

It's not an error. Like when you go from route 1 to Viridian, the weather changes from the regular sunny to cloudy. Known issues are now updated with a few more errors.

Last edited:

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry guys, there is a big error in the game. Basically the door in the rocket hideout won't open, so you cannot vs Giovanni and therefore cannot get the Silph Scope. I found a workaround, and will be updating the beta to 1.1 in the next day or so. You won't have to delete your old save. Just repatch a FR file and delete the old YellowStorm game. Thanks.

The errors are fixed. Beta 1.1 is now up.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    why ?

guys if i do save it says save error does it still save than or do i have to start all over when i shut it down?

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • What do you mean by save error? It should save fine. Make sure you set it to 128k for the type. And guys, I'm gonna get to work on YellowStorm Classic ASAP.

DarkPhantomX

Buggy Black Knight
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    I've played what there is, honestly I haven't really had much of a challenge besides the gym leaders,and gary and to be truthful they are just more annoying because they are a higher level. I like the game concept though, but I don't care too much for having to spend time doing more grinding then normal. Anyways thats just my two cents.

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, I've began to realize that. I'm really considering just dropping Advanced and focusing on a true remake. That would mean original 50 TMs, yellow pokemon, etc. Beta 1 of YellowStorm classic, the remake I'm referring to, should be out in a week or two.

Years

• BANNER!! I'll get the code from my friend

Code: (Remove asterisks)
    [URL*=*"http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t*=*173386&page*=*3"]
    my.php
    [/URL]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    master_Z, i has a question. when i made that userbar, it was, like, my first one. i'm better now. want me to make a new one?

Master_Z

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks so much Ochitsuite. Yeah you could make another if you'd like, quisestquilava_1.

I think I know how to fix your Sprite problem...

Do tell if you might have a solution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back