• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you have never used

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
Years
  • What Pokemon have you never caught or battled with?
    I can think of a bunch, Chansey, Clefairy, Tauros, Venonat, Piloswine, Masquerain and Shroomish are the ones that come to mind.

Also, do you tend to only use the same few Pokemon during each run through or do you like to catch Pokemon you've never owned before?
    I like to catch different Pokemon each time I play, it makes the game seem new each time. There are still certain staples though, such as Girafarig, Kecleon and Tropius.

Giovanni

Team Rocket Leader
    Years
  • Well, I've always wanted to train a Weezing, I love it's sprite, but I never get round to catching A Koffing, training & evolving it, :/ I should do someday :P.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Pick a psychic pokemon...any psychic pokemon, and odds are that I've never touched it once. As far as I can remember, the only psychics I've ever used include the Exeggcute and Ralts families.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i havnt actually even thought of using a pinsir, or the majority of those safari zone specials (kangaskan, tauros...)
    and a syther I only use to evolve to a syzor... then abandon it. [except for the one in my sig, i hacked it into a nightmare :D]

actually, to be honest, until i beat the elite 4 and take on hobbies I only use my starter and maybe one other, and the rest I catch are just buffer to switch in when i need to use a hyper potion lol im terrible...

Last edited:

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Never used the Bidoof Family, Starly Family, Some IV Legendarys, Jirachi, Deoxsys, Kyogre.... I Think that will have do to, I Have loads.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I've always wanted to use a Tropius, never got around to it, Toxicroak, and Slamence as well, (except in BF)

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • Pick a psychic pokemon...any psychic pokemon, and odds are that I've never touched it once. As far as I can remember, the only psychics I've ever used include the Exeggcute and Ralts families.

This reminded me that I've never used the Exeggcute family. I completely forgot about them for a long time, but wasn't particularly taken in by them once I remembered they existed.

Bruno™

Elite Four Member
    Years
  • Dunsparce .
    Though I hear he is an alright Pokemon , I've NEVER used one .
    Don't plan on it either :D

Years
  • For some reason, lately i've really wanted a Wobbuffet, even though i've never caught one...
    I think its because of counter and mirror coat... that and its many anime appearances ^.^
    Am i right to want one or is it pointless?

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    I've always wanted to use a Dunsparce. I think it's awesome, but I never get around to training one when I do a run through Gold.

Maybe I'll get one for the Monotype Challenge when I move on to 2nd Gen.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • I dont like Clefairy. It shall never be used by me.

No offense if anyone here likes it, i just rather the rugged style of ones like Onix and Cloyster, not the Fairy style of Clefairy.

Years
  • Most of the Pokemon that I never use in a playthrough are the ones with mediocre stats and do not evolve. Pokemon such as Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Plusle, Minun, and Pachirisu are some examples.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Wow...
    So many to choose from... :S Most of the common ones that people don't use I've probably used in my many adventures (forced 24-72 hours of 'adventure') on Crystal, Yellow, Leafgreen and Diamond. HOWEVER. That leaves a gaping hole in the form of 3rd gen.
    Its just Hoenn as a region that SUX UBER SOMETHING I SHOULDN'T SAY. However, I have had a few playthroughs so a few of the many pokes from 3rd gen I don't and probably never will use are:
    Linoone
    Ludicolo
    Pelipper
    Masquerain
    Slaking
    Ninjask
    Shedinja
    Hariyama
    Nosepass
    Delcatty
    Sableye
    Mawile
    Over one-hundred and fifty; with more to see; to be a POKEMON MASTER IS MY, DESTINYYY!!
    Sorry couldn't resist...

Back