• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you unexpectedly fell in love with

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
  • Oshawott.

- I didn't really care much for the little sea otter at first, but after using it in my run through of Pokemon Black 2, it grew on me. By the time I was at Cheren I suddenly realized how insanely cute Oshawott was. This was expanded after seeing it a few times in the anime.

Years
  • Roserade for me. Was never really a big fan of the line but the one I'm using on my Y run has just been absolutely tearing through everything i've thrown it at, and Venoshock + Toxic Spikes just sweeps entire teams easily 8D

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
    Years
  • empoleon

I didnt like him at all at first sight. The sprite, his animation (first used him in platinum).

Then my prinplup evolved and he hasn't left my battle formation ever since and he's now a proud penguin at lv. 100

Years
  • Piplup (which eventually evolved into Empoleon) for me. I honestly picked it just because I obviously needed a starter at the beginning of Platinum, and it was the only one of the three that I didn't mind its design. Little did I know that Empoleon actually turns out to be part-Steel type as well, and it ended up becoming my most powerful Pokemon in Sinnoh, and quite possibly my favorite starter Pokemon to date.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Sylveon. I mean, I love Eeveelutions, but I originally thought that Sylveon was kind of...meh xD I adore the one I have, though.

I also really like Gardevoir. I'd never used one until now <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2015
    Mareep and its evolution line~ I managed to catch a level 4(?) mareep and its now one of my best pokemon ^^

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
    Years
  • Riolu and Articuno, The design's of those Pokemon are really amazing for Articuno it's really beautiful and majestic I wish it had the Female gender and for Riolu well Riolu's are really awesome because It's like one of the most strongest Fighting types. :15

Nakala Pri

Lanturn: I fell in love with it and I realized it is probably my second favorite now. :3

Croconaw: Love that face and cute lil' tummy! ^^

Mantine: I played Shadows of Almia and rode this guy and I was all like, 'This guy is so reliable!' xD Yeah, Ima weird girl. :X

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Roselia, I caught one during my first Nuzlocke through Sapphire on which it made it to level 100. It's been my favorite Pokemon ever since. I like Budew as well but I loath Roserade, I don't know why, I just do.

Medicham, I didn't like it's design at first but after randomly deciding to use one in a playthrough it quickly grew on me.

Skiddio, I've yet to play gen 6 but the design alone endeared me to this little guy. I wouldn't care if he could only use Splash and evolved at level 99. I've been waiting for a goat pokemon since Johto.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • Scyther is my favorite. In my first game, Pokémon Gold, I caught a Scyther that won me the Thursday Bug Catching contest. I was convinced that it was super rare so I used it a lot. I ended up using it more than my starter. in the end, it was that Scyther that fought hard through thick and thin and led my team to victory in both Johto and Kanto. Since then, Scyther and its evolved form, Scizor, have been my favorite Pokémon.

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Growlithe/Arcanine. When I saw growlithe in my friends safari I fell in love with it, the way it acted in pokemon-amie ^_^,become my first favorite and current lead Pokemon.

Years
  • Absol, and all because of Emerald. I caught one after defeating Winona in my Dark Monotype Challenge and I just fell in love with it because it was so amazing. Also, because I was just like "wow, I actually really like Absol". I watched some of the episodes from the anime that it's in an just fell in love with it completely.

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    Absol, I always kind of liked this guy but I never really "loved" him until Gen VI when he became the final member to grace my team. I think of him sort of like a glass cannon. He can dish out a lot of pain but he can't take damage very well. I am proud to have him on my team and I can't wait to get his mega stone!

TheGardevoirTrainer

Gardevoirs~
    Years
  • Gardevoir, Ralts was the first pokemon I ever caught when I started playing pokemon (ruby).
    In emerald, the first wild pokemon (Once I got my pokeballs of course) I caught was a shiny Ralts. Ever since that day, I've brought my Gardevoir, Lily, to my black 2 and waiting to transfer her over to my X :D
    I always use a Gardevoir in my team -w-

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2013
    Flabébé and its evolutions, because when I first saw Flabébé, it was that "funny-looking Pokémon" in my mind and I thought it could be a Grass or Bug type but then I saw that Fire and Flying attacks weren't super effective and when I saw Fairy Wind not very effective against Pansear I thought it could be Bug type move but then when I caught Flabébé and saw its Pokédex entry I saw a "Fairy" type and I was like.. What?? There's a Fairy type?? So I wondered what this Fairy type is and kept Flabébé (which later evolved into Floette) in my team all the way from then until I faced the League Champion ;)

Catspill

Fighting-Type Fanatic
    Years
  • Dragonite. I bought the Dratini from the Game Corner in my Soul Silver play through, and brought him all the way to level 100 for my first level 100 Poke. I never really expected to fall in love with it but I used him to train many other Pokemon.

TheGardevoirTrainer

Gardevoirs~
    Years
  • Flabébé and its evolutions, because when I first saw Flabébé, it was that "funny-looking Pokémon" in my mind and I thought it could be a Grass or Bug type but then I saw that Fire and Flying attacks weren't super effective and when I saw Fairy Wind not very effective against Pansear I thought it could be Bug type move but then when I caught Flabébé and saw its Pokédex entry I saw a "Fairy" type and I was like.. What?? There's a Fairy type?? So I wondered what this Fairy type is and kept Flabébé (which later evolved into Floette) in my team all the way from then until I faced the League Champion ;)

You wouldn't happen to know what a Shiny Flabebe looks like would you? ~_~

Relica

Worst Player Ever
    Years
  • Sudowoodo recently surprised me big time when I last played Crystal for a Pokemon challenge run I was doing. He almost single handily defeated Red's team twenty levels below his lowest. A combination of a nasty attack stat, combined with his solid bulk and he made me love him oh so much. He's a Pokemon that certainly proved that while he may not have a lot of bark in him, he certainly has a lot of bite.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    the ice cream pokemon on 5th gen.. seriously its so strong and i used it all the way to elite four...

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Muk. As a kid watching the Pokemon anime I had despised mk. The look of him and the way it acted repulsed me. When I grew up though I had utilized muk throughout a playthrough and I really like him now. I would vouge to say that muk is one of my favorite pokemon now.

Back