• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PokeRus - Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • oops my bad, got its evolving level mixed up, damn, i feel bad for posting that. i count myself lucky tho, the rate for getting the virus is lower than a shiny and i have yet to se a single shiny.

That's...happened for me too.

I was playing the Japanese version of SoulSilver a couple months back when I saw my ditto had pokerus. I've gone through Platinum and SoulSilver and have not encountered a single shiny in the wild (Red Gyrados not included).

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • That's...happened for me too.

I was playing the Japanese version of SoulSilver a couple months back when I saw my ditto had pokerus. I've gone through Platinum and SoulSilver and have not encountered a single shiny in the wild (Red Gyrados not included).

I've NEVER had a shiny, every (not even Red Gyarados, as I somehow... missed out GSC completely as a child) and yet, as I've said, I've had Pokerus twice.

An' that don't seem right. ~♪

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
  • I has Pokerus in my Diamond once, however I didn't notice until after it had passed, so I only have that little face next to my pokemon now.

AshK

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2011
    ehe... i got pokerus from a wild pokemon in ruby.
    at the time, i had no idea what it was, freaked out and just saw what happens. a little while later, my internet wast back up and i kicked myself for losing it...
    live and learn i guess.

Totodile!

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
  • Since the thread I posted in about my encounter of the pokerus here's what I said:
    Yeah ... that happened to me last month when I didn't have a DS yet, while I was playing on an emulator.
    I was EV training my Scyther when the PPs of the moves went out so I went to the Pokemon Center and the nurse told me I have pokérus. I was happy ;]
    Professor Elm also called me after I got infected (he called several times actually) to tell me that nothing is quite know about this pokérus and it's nothing to worry about ;]

Oh and I still have that save with a infected pokémon in the box xD

Pokeon-Girl

Breeze
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 14, 2010
    I got Pokerus really early on in the game :) I didn't think anything of it but this thread showed me it's really rare to get the virus. I'm really happy now!

:D

xJordan360

plurfection.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    It's seriously rarer than a shiny? I've had pokerus about 5 times since DPPt, and I've yet to see a shiny. D:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I got it once in Platinum but nothing in HGSS so far....

Tombstone975

The grass is always greener.
    Years
  • I can't remember how I got it either. Must of been grinding XP for Elite Four in ruby then Migrated it to Soul Silver.

PokeRus ftw ^^.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I've never had it, though I have come across shinies several times (not incuding RG). I really want the 'rus, to help with EV training, and just to have the experience. I have a traded Pokemon that had it, but it was lvl 100, so I couldn't train it (already done) and I had it as the only Pokemon in my team, and didn't realise it had it until it was cured. Damn it.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
  • I got it once in Platinum but nothing in HGSS so far....

Same. I was in Celestic town and the nurse joy told me that my pokemon had the 'rus. I was extremely happy and went to train. The 'rus lasted about 10 minutes and didn't leave a smiley face behind. I wonder if I was just imagining it....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back