• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeSpe Official Release Thread (+ all zipped English volumes)

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    THANK YOU
    oh thank you so much for this i love the poke'mon special manga

and btw when will you have Volume 12 of this? I just can't get enough of this

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    @Umbreon Ruler: When Nicoleb posted them, they were as ordered photobucket links, however, when minakichan downloaded and compiled them into a zip file, they weren't in alphabetical order, which is the order our image viewers expect. (The chapters are named like "dboyslivePA9_Chapter_One_Hundred_And_Eight2.jpg" and since "One_Hundred_And_Eight" comes right before "One_Hundred_And_Eleven", that's the order they go in.) Anybody care to fix this?

@Bonzai-Cat: We're working on it. ;)

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
    I REALLY like this idea. I wish that I could contribute... but I only have vol. 2 and the best of red....

So, are you guys just working your way up? How long does it take to translate? Cause if that were me, it would take, like, a year to do one chapter...

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2009
    @benji: There is an easy way to sort of fix this which is using Details view and then sorting it in order by detail and not name. Although some chapters are still jumbled they're only 1-2 pages apart other than 108 which I just put it into a folder :D

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    @MileyAngel: It takes me a long time to translate Japanese (*not fluent*), but I can easily translate Chinese.

@UpinFlames: That's an awesome suggestion, UpinFlames (I'm on a mac, though -- what's "sorting by detail"? Sorting by date of creation?), but it would be more convenient for everybody if the pages were alphabetically ordered, e.g. "PokeSpe_v9ch108_p02.jpg". Is there a way to sort it on a Windows computer with this (automatically rename)? I was thinking of using regular expressions (e.g. "s/Chapter_One_Hundred_And_Eight/ch108/g") to do this... But your solution is the best momentary fix. Thanks! ^^

EDIT: I think there's only a "detail view", no method to sort by "detail" -- you were probably sorting by the "Created on" date. =D

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Thank you so much guys! You guys are awesome ^^ <33

ladygalaxy

Shigeru/Green fangirl
    Years
    It would be REALLY awesome if somebody translated vol.14 and the FRLG chapters.... I would myself, but only have vol.2 and the Best of Red, and I don't understand a WORD of ANY foregin language....

I have the RAW mangas of 25 and 26 in the FRLG arc. I'm working to get those scanlated with the members in the PokeSpe Scanlation attempt thread, so watch that space =)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Orre
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    I have a question and I hope I'm not crossing any lines or anything, but would it be all right if I could rename all the files for every volume in a consistent manner and archive them for easier and proper viewing in CDisplay? To be honest, I've already done so, but I feel the need to ask here first before uploading them.

Since some of you may not be aware of CDisplay, it's basically a small, free image viewing program for Windows that's used to view one or two images at a time just like a comic book. It's rather popular for comic book scans as it's more convenient for things like this. For more information, you'll have to Wiki or Google it. I'm not exactly allowed to post links due to my lack of posts right now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    @kougo: Do you mean for the heavily unorganized Korean scans? That would be a blessing, sure, I don't see why not ^^;

Years
    • Age 35
    • Orre
    • Seen Feb 1, 2023
    Actually, I meant for the English scans. Like mentioned before, the way each file's named puts things a little bit out of order for typical image viewing programs, and what I did was "fix" it so that they could be viewed more properly. Afterward, I archived each volume for viewing in CDisplay.

I just finished uploading all the ones I did so far:
    Volume 1: sendspace.com/file/nx7yz7
    Volume 2: sendspace.com/file/wyi6u3
    Volume 3: sendspace.com/file/56xshq
    Volume 4: sendspace.com/file/vfsqci
    Volume 5: sendspace.com/file/c1rstn
    Volume 6: sendspace.com/file/60zw94
    Volume 7: sendspace.com/file/ycrdin
    Volume 8: sendspace.com/file/kg4m9f
    Volume 9: sendspace.com/file/xs25va
    Volume 10: sendspace.com/file/620t0y
    Volume 11: sendspace.com/file/6a48j8
    Volume 16: sendspace.com/file/r34sjq

If nothing else, they can serve as extra mirrors since they're just RARs with the extension changed to comply with CDisplay.

Last edited:

benji

ウサギちゃん!
    Years
    Yeah... reordering those scans would be nice... >_<

@minakichan: Do you think we should use these graciously reordered scans by Kougo as the "official" English scans (e.g. instead of the original out-of-order names?) It would make things a lot easier for people (and head off a lot of uninformed complaints). I can mirror those scans on mediafire, if needed.

Thanks a bunch, Kougo!

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Lugia...
    I can't wait to see what will happen next...
    Thank you very much!

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Well, interesting thread... yes, I'm a member here, but anyways, I was informed about this just now... and yes, I'm allowing you guys to put my scans in this thread. Good luck though with your project, but I will help however. Although, I still need to scan Volumes 16 and 20 at the very least. I plan to get all the Volumes for the Ru/Sa arc... 8D

So whee? ;x

Back