• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PokeWalker... Or More?

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
  • What do you think? Will/should an upgraded version of the PokeWalker be included with Black and White? Or maybe something else like another piece of hardware? There's so many possibilities.. maybe they'll just go traditional and just have the game included.

What are your opinions? I honestly think it will just be the game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I too think it will just be the game. From a money making perspective though, the Pokewalkers were pretty successful and popular, hell...I still see some people walking around with them.

I think it's hard to tell for sure. I think that if we see a Pokewalker-type device, it might not be until the 3rd game is released. Just to make it *that* more special.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • Yeah, there are dozens of people around my high school that walk around with them.. I can't even imagine the middle or elementary school. lol

I see your point.. if they made something like that every time they made a game, it would lose it's pizz-az. But who knows? Maybe they'll come out with some super-amazing piece of hardware to go along with the game.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't really use my pokewalker. I think some modifications need to be made to it before I'd ever use it again. For some reason with me I've always had problems with connecting the pokewalker to my DS. Like they wouldn't have anything between them and then after a like a minute of problems it works then gets interrupted!! Me and my luck XD.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • I'd like for the poke-walker to be used for something else other then HG/SS. what else was the transfer pack for pokemon stadium good for?

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • If there was one modification I'd like for the PokéWalker to have, it'd be trading between PokéWalkers. That's the one thing I was really hoping for, and I didn't get it.

Also, I'd like Nintendo to fix a few small errors with the Pok
    éWalker. Small things like 'Your Pokémon returned to the Wild', or other such nonsense needs to be done away with. Also, I didn't like the fact that sometimes, it just refused to connect to HeartGold & SoulSilver.

Other than those few faults, I think it's a great add-on, and should be included in Pok
    émon Black & White. However, I think they should also sell a separate version that doesn't have the PokéWalker, that way, for those that kept theirs from HeartGold & SoulSilver, they don't have to pay extra for a peripheral they already have.

Oh yeah, I want Pok
    éWalker skins. I don't know why, but I just like skins on my DSi, so why can't we have skins for a PokéWalker?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i think it will be just the game. maybe have something special that works with all three but is only sold with the 3rd game. i can see them doing something like that to make people buy the third game

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I love the Pokewalker. I know alot of people at my High School still carry it around and I put it in my change pocket and walk around with it all day everyday. I'd hope for an upgraded one though, like Arcelio said, trading would be ideal. It's so much easier than lugging around the DS and frankly it'd be a whole lot quicker!

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    I reckon they should make a thing that goes in the gba slot and for those who bought a nintendo DSi can go get stuffed,
    More people use ndsl....

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    This may seem childish, but I'd love to have some kind of tamagotchi for Pokémon. A bit like the Pocket Pikachu, but you'd be able to transfer any Pokémon to it. I think kids will love that xD

JakeG

Pokemon Awakening-Coming Soon!
    Years
  • I am pretty sure the PokeWalker and even sadly Pokemon following behind you was just for HG/SS and will never be continued, the PokeWalker, unless massively upgraded, I wouldn't really care for with new games, but Pokemon following behind you? :( I will dearly miss it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think at all they will add the pokewalker with it or upgrade it in anyway!
    I think they may keep the feature in the game cart though...! So it might have pokewalker compatability!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I already lost both of my pokewalkers. Yeah. ;_;

I loved the pokewalkers, but I think they should just be a unique part of HGSS. They didn't add tons to gameplay, although they definitely made them more social. Lots of my friends at school are still carrying them around everyday.

So I would say Game Freak should come up with a new gimic for Black and White. Maybe they could have a Wii Channel that goes with the game? Not like PokeRanch, but more like how the MarioKart Channel was for MarioKart Wii.

yomamathecableguy

Years
  • I am pretty sure the PokeWalker and even sadly Pokemon following behind you was just for HG/SS and will never be continued, the PokeWalker, unless massively upgraded, I wouldn't really care for with new games, but Pokemon following behind you? :( I will dearly miss it.

ah, I didn't even think about that.. it's really going to suck if you can't make Pokemon follow behind you anymore.. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I really regret never using the PokeWalker when my Heart Gold was bought, and now, it's too late, It was broken.. So I would love it to come back, with new features even! Then I can have a chance to see what it is like, plus, it's good to stay fit, even though I ride my bike around the neighborhood everyday.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I dunno if you guys saw my post in the Speculation thread but I'm pretty sure that they're gonna include a Pokewalker-type device in BW after reading a interview in a Nintendo Power magazine, here, I'll post the interview for you guys:

Do you have any other ideas for allowing gamers to extend their Pokemon experience into the real world a la the Pokewalker accessory?
    Morimoto: Yes, we have many ideas. I hope we can implement them in the future.
    Ohmori: When we were developing the Pokewalker, we discussed some ideas that weren't realized in this game, but could be found in future games. It is our dream to further connect the Pokemon world and our real world, so we continue to come up with new ideas to help us achieve that goal.

..... Yeah, I dunno about you guys but to me it sounds like they're working on some new Pokewalker-thingy ;)

Years
  • Pokewalker2?

So I've been thinking, do you think they will make a pokewalker type peripheral for B/W?

To be honest, the pokewalker is what got me back into the games. When I heard about it, I hadn't played a single pokemon game since Emerald. That very day I went and bought SoulSilver.

But to be back on topic, I honestly think that the Pokewalker was a great idea. It actually was something I had hoped for way back when the Pokemon Pikachu 2 was released. I always thought "Hey, maybe someday they'll make one that you can put your pokemon from the GB games on."

Anyways, do you think it will return in Generation V?

Back