• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PokeWalker... Or More?

shot571

I reckon it might be somethingf different. Dont think it'll be a pedometer this time. Maybe an actual ds enhancement or one of those pokemon mini things.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • I personally think the pokewalker was a friggin' horrible idea. The way they portrayed it in the commercials was that you could just level up your pokemon by walking around, which is only half true, but the fact remains that you can only level up one freakin' level per trip. It would be neat if it was an option to transfer over the watts of the pokewalker over to a game or keep them on the walker, but it forces it, which gets really annoying. It doesn't display the level or even the gender of a pokemon to ease the process. If you caught 3 pokemon and caught another and you don't remember which one is which, good luck. This also means that if you named yourself the same thing in 2 different games it's a complete pain to remember which game is which unless you keep an ungodly good track of how many watts you've obtained in each game. It doesn't offer really any good items or even pokemon unless you have the event routes or unless you've collected up 10000 watts, in other words walked 200000 steps or about 37 miles, give or take based on how sensitive your pokewalker is. Often times when walking with it it'll turn on without me even noticing because it has no mechanism to keep it off, which is total crap. You can keep it in your pocket, but then it turns on and more often than not wastes up your watts pocket-dowsing and using the radar, and the clamps on mine turned to crap after one day of wearing them on my belt and they fall off like mad, and wearing them on the outside of your clothing lets you run the risk of getting unsightly scuffs and scratches. The only Items I wanted from the friggin' things were the berries, but I have to walk upwards of 75 miles to get even close, and I have to have 8000 steps racked up if I want the 5 percent of finding it with the dowsing machine. And if you lose your pokewalker and you have upwards of 50000 watts racked up, good luck not throwing your ds against the wall if you have to get a replacement, because all of those watts are GONE. You keep your routes but you have to rack up all those watts again. I'd rather excavate in Platinum. Everyone cheats the walkers anyways, so what's the point? And we lost the poke-radar because of the walkers. There goes me getting all enthusiastic about the game because I can hope that I can try to catch a shiny pokemon in a swarm. I despise everything about the stupid things. They suck. Never again. Now every time I'm in a store I have the habit of walking around a lot trying to get more steps and I'm not even wearing the walkers and I just end up with sore feet.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • It doesn't display the level or even the gender of a pokemon to ease the process. If you caught 3 pokemon and caught another and you don't remember which one is which, good luck.

Oh yes, that is the part of the Pokewalker that I always hated! It's particularly annoying in the Yellow Forest course, since the only Pokemon there is Pikachu, and you can't tell which one has Surf, which one has Fly, which one has Volt Tackle, etc. I've probably ended up releasing several rare ones because I could no tell from the information given. Other than that, I really like the Walker. Hopefully they fix those flaws, though, if they release a new one.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Not gonna happen. The Pokewalker was something special to mark the remake, much like the "wireless link cable" for FRLG XD...

But yeah, I didn't even really like the feature at all to be honest, It completely ruined the nostalgia of GS by making pokemon like staryu and kangaskhan obtainable from the beginning.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    it would be good to have the pokewalker you used in HG/SS to also be the pokewalker for B/W version...i think the pokewalker graphics are pretty cool i mean at least you can see the pokemons head and body in it and the outline of the pokemon.although maybe in the future they will send out expansion packs for more features for your pokemon to get more watts and maybe level up your pokemon more then once,for the pokewalker.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    I don't personally like the pokewalker (they had to empty the warehouse of outdated Tamagotchi's somehow). But it's an optional feature, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to include it for those who enjoy it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • PokeWalker and FollowMe are things I think were just HGSS exclusive, to make them stand out. As for me, I don't mind having one or not. It's be nice to have one with BW since I don't have HGSS, yet.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    We should include the PokeWalker in Pokemon Black and White, or we should not.

Pros
    Your pokemon gets leveled up faster
    You get to exercise while training your pokemon (unless you know the cheat)

Cons
    The Pokewalker can get easily lost or stolen, and then get damaged.

Pac-Man1096

Pokémon GrayStone Version
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    They probably won't make a new PokéWalker, because if you noticed, they only bundle accsessories with the remake games. For example, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen came with the Wireless Adapter, and HeartGold and SoulSilver came with the PokéWalker.
    Mabye if you continue GameFreak's remake theory, something's bound to be bundled with these games someday in the way later generation remakes of Black and White Version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I thought the PokéWalker was a trick to make people buy the game instead of downloading it... However, Nintendo is developing anti-piracy techniques in their games (as in the last Zelda game on DS for example), so maybe there's no need for them to include a gadget.

I would want one though, if it's different from the HG/SS Pokéwalker...

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I'm happy with the pokewalker from HG/SS. I don't really want another one, the one we have now has tons of routes and they always have events unlocking new ones on the Pokemon site. There's enough to keep me occupied.

Advancing the Pokewalker wouldn't make much sense because well, why do we need a mini pocket DS?

And besides...adding the Pokewalker in there added an extra $10 to HG/SS. So I had to spend $20 more than normal (since I bought both games). I really don't wanna spend another 20, when we already have something that's just fine the way it is.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    hehe, Sure. The PokeWalker I got with my Heart Gold didn't work, so I destroyed it :|
    So it would be a great thing for me to have another PokeWalker added with these games. :)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • No I don't. The thing I hated about the pokewalker was that you only got 1 exp. point per step..Sure that is what it's intended to be buy after walking around school one day and coming home to over 3,800 steps my lv.20 vulpix was only at level 21! If they're gonna bring it back then they need to fix the exp. points gained per step. I'd like it if it were say 2 instead of one :D.

Other than that, we still have HG/SS pokewalkers, making new ones would mean me having like four of 'em (b/c I intend to get both black and white sooner or later).

the pokewalker was made so you can get some cool rare pokemon pretty easily

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The Pokewalker was introduced to keep the tradition of having peripherals with remakes. At least, that's what I understand. With Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green, there was the GBA Wireless Adapter which allowed people to trade Pokemon without use of a link cable. And with Heart Gold and Soul Silver, the Pokewalker was a peripheral introduced to allow trainers to get Pokemon that are outside of Johto (therefore eliminating the need for the catridge games and encouraging more people to get the DSi) in an intuitive way.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • a pokewalker for black and white?

do any of you think that they will make the PW2 for black and white?

from the screen shots maybe not, but it could be possible right?

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
  • I don't think they'll make a new one but maybe the current one will be compatible with B&W, although I also doubt it.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
  • I already have two... unless it looks cooler (I'd really love a Great Ball or Ultra Ball model)... they'll probably just tack on compatability with the HG/SS Pokéwalker

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    i want them to at least include a pokewalker in the box. the L button on my DS won't work, so I can't restart my pokewalker.

Aberash

blends in with the shadows
    Years
  • i would like a new deive instead of pokewalker maybe an upgraded one. I would wait to till 3rd 5th genration game till they acauly put exta hard ware whith it thought

Back