• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokken Tournament Announced

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think any of the fighting Pokemon (the Hitmons, Sawk and Throh in particular) would be surprising to be excluded though.

Yeah even though most people want variety, it'll be a bit jarring if it doesn't have all the fully evolved fighting types.

Especially the ones who are based on specific styles of fighting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    If it's from Tekken and SC creators, I can see PS3 version more likely than Wii U.
    But yea, fighters go to Japanese arcade machines first, probably to check how it fares.

But it's Pokemon so it is impossible for the game to be released for PS3.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I can't help but feel bad for Lucario; taking a super effective hit every time against machamp hahah.

This looks great though; I do pray it comes stateside so I can enjoy it personally. Even if it doesn't though; I'd be willing to bet a fan hack hits the internet in the next year regardless. I won't be able to play it then either ;-; But it'll be cool to see around at least.

I hope they reveal the full roster soon too :3

C'MON MEDICHAM

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, there's... no way this is going to the PS or Xbox systems. It's arcade only, or arcade and then Nintendo consoles (probably Wii U).

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Good to know any Pokemon could get in. I'm not gonna get my hopes up for anything unreasonable but at least this gives some of the cuter Pokemon a chance so it's not all beefcakes.

As much as I'd adore Nidoqueen, I almost think I want Flaaffy more. Chances are low, but if they included them all but were just Amiibo locked (doubtful), then I have no problems throwing some money into their hands just to have a selectively fluffier roster. *shrug* Who they've shown fits but it doesn't move me much, despite wanting this game more than any other Pokemon game for several years.

Agh, awaiting the final roster is gonna be crazier than Smash Bros for me, because while there aren't many Nintendo reps I can see reasonably ever getting in (that Sakurai bias for Kirby's Adventure and Super Star instead of Dream Land 2 TT_TT), at least there's a lot more Pokemon I can get behind. Better odds, too. Hopefully Game Freak isn't nudging Bamco too hard to include flavors of the month and fashionable Pokemon, though. You already got Lucario in. Give me, I dunno, Mawile.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I'm predicting the roster to be mostly restricted to fully-evolved bipeds, and there probably won't be many birds besides Hawlucha.

Some non-fighting-types that I can definitely picture being in the game are Typhlosion, Sceptile, Haxorus, Goodra, Electivire - they've got the general body type I'm referring to, and they're all pretty popular.

Now, I've never played a Tekken game or even really seen one in action, so I have a question for those of you who have: what is the general pace of the series? Does it favor quick fights with a lot of heavy hits, or are matches more drawn-out? I feel there are a lot of potential fighters who fit one of those styles better than the other, so that might have some impact on which Pokemon are playable.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I do hope we get a console release. I will totally buy a Wii U, just for this game! Of course, I likely will have one before it ever comes to America anyway, so I suppose the point is moot.

I hope we can fight as dancing Hitmontop:
    hitmontop.gif

Back