• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Political Correctness: A Blessing or A Curse?

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    :laugh: (where's the laughing so hard you crying emoji when you need it?) did you seriously just drop the conservative vs liberal news sources? I'm assuming your sources are from MSNBC and other liberal broadcasts right? Proving your oblivious to the fact that the media controls opinions... How long is it gonna take for people to realize the media is full of lies and it's a manipulation tool used to keep us divided and brainwashed? God this is epic. No wonder this country is so politically correct when this bullcrap is shoved down our throats through the media.. But hey... I'm wrong you're right since it's impossible to argue with a liberal :rolleyes2:. So for me, I'm done after reading what you said. I can no longer take you seriously. Neutral source and not Fox News :laugh::laugh::laugh: please, just stop. Try finding a balance between the two parties rather than jumping on the bandwagon of one or the other. Or simply stop believing everything you hear on the news. Just some words of wisdom you should consider.

Yeah, still waiting on that source. Going to get one, or are you going to continue your Alex Jones kick?

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    I think that if BLM wants to make a statement, they should do it in more tasteful ways. Marching into a library shouting "black lives matter" at the top of your lungs isn't going to accomplish anything but people getting angry at you. Honestly, they're playing into black stereotypes. These people are no different from the Black Panthers back in the day. Seriously, some guy came out saying that Martin Luther King wouldn't approve of BLM. I really think BLM is approaching the situation the wrong way. If they didn't do such distasteful protests, maybe I would support them.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    According to a CDC report, the number one leading cause of death of black males is homicide. These are the "gang on gang, black on black" crimes and they're responsible for more than 50% from ages 15-34.

I would like to know, why doesn't BLM stand up to these type of crimes? I used to live close to one of the roughest neighborhoods in the states. Look it up, Newark, NJ. Unbelievably dangerous town. I definitely haven't seen them there.

In response to this comment-
    They're violent. The majority of them are, the rest are just blind sheep following the extremists.

I'm inclined to agree. I've seen them in person how violent they can get. I wouldn't say the majority, but there are people within that organization that just act out of line. I've been to their meetings and the people leading are respectable individuals. However, there some that just get out of control during the heat of the moment and that's what the media concentrates on.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Yeah, still waiting on that source. Going to get one, or are you going to continue your Alex Jones kick?

Oh so now I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist because I'm aware that the media is full of lies and each broadcasts pushes the agenda they want to push? Typical thing a liberal would say when they got no come back, yet you're so clueless. Wake the fuck up dude. Are you seriously that misguided? Take Trump vs Sanders for example... Fox trys to label Sanders as racist and saying whites don't know what it's like to be poor (when he didn't exactly say that) while CNN and MSNBC label Trump as Hitler because he raised his right hand when both don't unfold the whole story. They release what THEY want you to hear and what THEY want the little sheep to follow. What I'm saying is the media controls opinions cause if a republican watches Fox that's all they know, MSNBC, ABC, CNN, etc are liars and it's vice versa with democratic broadcasts they think Fox is full of lies meaning they're both lies. How are you going to say Fox is fake when MSNBC and CNN are just as fake? Another thing I bet you didn't know. Political parties were created to divide and conquer.

Politics tie into this politically correct country. Obama's president because of his race. If he didn't get elected TWICE we would of been looked upon as "racist". If someone doesn't like Obama they're "racist". If someone doesn't agree with Obama they're "racist" and so forth. A majority of blacks voted for him because he's black, FACT. Then all of a sudden he pushes to get the rebel flag banned because it's "racist" in the eyes of the blacks when they don't know a damn thing about history. Also a black lives matter movement while having a black president. Hmm...
    Moving on to Hillary.. Now America needs it's first "woman" president since we had our first "black" president. In this politically correct country if you don't vote Hillary you're a sexist in the eyes of the feminists. We both know the feminists will vote Hillary because she's a woman and if she isn't elected it's going to cause more unneeded controversy.
    Shall I keep going or do you get the picture now? Oh wait, I'm just a conspiracy theorist for stating facts right? You can't be serious and tell me the corporate media is not a joke and not full of lies. Government ties is why the government lies.

Jetfire said:
    I'm inclined to agree. I've seen them in person how violent they can get. I wouldn't say the majority, but there are people within that organization that just act out of line. I've been to their meetings and the people leading are respectable individuals. However, there some that just get out of control during the heat of the moment and that's what the media concentrates on.

I as well seen first hand how violent they are or can get. Growing up in St. Louis and now living in the Chicago area it's hard not to see it. In Chicago they're fucking animals, they don't care what color you wear or what color your skin is they shoot just to shoot and kill just to kill. Hell just last 4th of July there was like 80+ shootings in just 2 days. They even kill innocent children then shout BLACK LIVES MATTER. Pft, their actions proves me otherwise when their killing eachother even children of their race. But that's none of my business.

Last edited:

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
    Politics tie into this politically correct country. Obama's president because of his race. If he didn't get elected TWICE we would of been looked upon as "racist". If someone doesn't like Obama they're "racist". If someone doesn't agree with Obama they're "racist" and so forth. A majority of blacks voted for him because he's black, FACT.

I agree with this statement too. I was in high school when he was first elected. I lived in a prominently black and hispanic community at the time and my family was in favor of McCain but we were criticized for "supporting the white man and not a brotha" to be president. The people in my community made it clear that they were voting for him because of his color. Everyone I asked didn't know a thing about his policies. I'm not saying that was everyone but it was true around my area.

Hell just last 4th of July there was like 80+ shootings in just 2 days. They even kill innocent children then shout BLACK LIVES MATTER. Pft, their actions proves me otherwise when their killing eachother even children of their race.

In respect to the BLM movement, it's not everyone. A lot of work needs to be done.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I agree with this statement too. I was in high school when he was first elected. I lived in a prominently black and hispanic community at the time and my family was in favor of McCain but we were criticized for "supporting the white man and not a brotha" to be president. The people in my community made it clear that they were voting for him because of his color. Everyone I asked didn't know a thing about his policies. I'm not saying that was everyone but it was true around my area.

I can't say I don't know a black person that didn't vote for Obama. Yes there are a few that didn't vote for color they voted for the other cause they disagreed with his policies. But I'm sure they too were criticized for not supporting a fellow brotha.

In respect to the BLM movement, it's not everyone. A lot of work needs to be done.

Well I never said that. I was talking about the ones that actually commit crimes like murder, robbery, home invasions, etc then try to justify it with black lives matter when they get arrested or a brotha get killed . The same ones that play victim when they get caught for committing a crime. Hopefully I cleared the confusion up.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    The only way I can think to tie in this page to the overarching topic of political correctness is that so many people seem to think the only way to combat the 'menace' of political correctness is to go out of their way to be as crude or 'real' as possible. It's very odd and tends to betray very, uh, unsettling things about their mindset.

It's interesting how the term 'politically correct' has become such a buzzword that even people who are generally in favour of the idea, or just act that way by virtue of being nice people, don't like associating themselves with that term because they don't like the connotations the buzzword brings up. Much like how many liberals don't like the term liberal anymore because conservative media and those who follow it have turned the word into a dirty buzzword used to incite people and derail the original discussion.

Of course, I'm not saying there aren't flaws about political correctness in practice - that would be silly. But I find it a whole less inflammatory and less insidious to simply respect other people than, well, not doing so on the virtue of 'it's muh right.' It most certainly is your right and that's how it should be. I very much believe that. Doesn't mean people have to tolerate it if your expression resembles something a little closer to bigotry than 'keeping it real.'

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Honestly, I do think that Political Correctness can be... rather annoying at times. It's one thing to be polite, but another thing to feel like you're walking on egg shells and everything you say could be offensive. Also, the phrase itself kind of grates on me as well. If you want to be polite and prevent offending people, why not just... do that and not have a special phrase for it? It makes the whole thing seem more pretentious than it needs to be. Perhaps because of the usage "correctness," making it seem like it's the ONLY right thing that exists and nobody should disagree with it. That could just be me though.

In general, I just don't like big attention being drawn to things that I think should be done without being said. The more attention is drawn to them, the more sensational and extremist they become, attracting the wrong kind of people who ironically become just as offensive and authoritarian as what they're trying to prevent. (Political Correctness extremists is what I'm referring to in general.) Though I am also aware that this isn't common sense to everyone, but people like that will probably always be rude.

I do think that people should be able to say what they want, regardless of whether it is offensive or not. But also, as someone else has said before me, there will be consequences to what they've said depending on who they've said it to. It really isn't about Political Correctness to me. It's just about who you're talking to. Some people, they're more laid back and they don't care if you use offensive words as a joke. It's just all fun and games. Others, you should be more careful around because they'll either be genuinely upset or get angry at you. It's about observing and considering who you're surrounded with, not about some government wide policing or whatever the intention is. To me, it needn't be so complicated. But then again, this is humanity we're dealing with. A species that tends to overcomplicate things due to the variety of opposing viewpoints.

Further, I find the concept of censoring words to just be... kind of nonsensical. Because I believe it really isn't about the word itself - but the intention behind it. And you can't censor intentions no matter how you try. The hateful will just find other words to start pooling their negative intent behind. For example, the phrase "fuck you" can be said in so many different ways. Joking or angrily. This is also how formerly offensive words stop being offensive - peoples' intentions behind them change over time. Tone is also an important consideration that I find gets neglected behind the technicalities of words.

Eventually though, I do think that humanity will start to mellow out about this. And it won't matter what your race, sexuality, etc is. The perceived need for Political Correctness will fade away. Right now, we're just in this awkward stage after countless years of unneeded racism and general discrimination over our past, those who had been discriminated against are lashing back. Not always rightfully so, creating extremism just as bad as it was before. What I'm for above all is balance. The correct balance between being excessively censored and just being a blunt dick who cares nothing for others' feelings. It's a difficult situation, and even if I wish it were less convoluted, the truth is that there isn't a simple answer to this.

Last edited:

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    The MAJORITY? I have to see a source on this one. Try to get it from a neutral source and not Faux News.
    Well, for one, I don't use fox news. Two, you haven't provided any sources as well. They are extremists; after all, they brought a fucking weapon in the Chicago streets and fired it recently. If that rally had happened, there would've been casualties.

They are fucking vile, extremists and should be classified as terrorists because that's what they are; they incite violence, have fascist ideals and use intimidation such as shown at the Chicago protest against Trump's rally. They've burnt a person alive during riots, trashed the places they wanted to help, held a "protest" with MoveOn.org that had brought up security issues and cancelled the rally, and many of their protests have became violent or led to property damage such as this one in Oakland.

But, apparently they're totally not violent. They're totally not like the old and new Black Panthers.

Edit: Besides, their numbers for the police-on-black homicides are bogus.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Just a reminder that the thread topic is political correctness and not race issues or BLM or how stupid the American media is. While those things can be related to the thread topic, it's started to shift a bit too far away. You're all free to make separate threads about those things if you want though.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    Just a reminder that the thread topic is political correctness and not race issues or BLM or how stupid the American media is. While those things can be related to the thread topic, it's started to shift a bit too far away. You're all free to make separate threads about those things if you want though.

I agree. This thread is too America-centric anyway. (Heck, the Round Table generally is.) Political correctness impacts other countries too. I'm all for equality, but political correctness is not equality.

If there's one thing I learned from that horrid website known as Tumblr, it's not to trust SJWs. I've seen some of them actually defending ISIS because of all the anti-Muslim sentiment. As a Muslim, I'll have those SJWs know that ISIS is a terrorist organisation and they don't speak for all Muslims - they're terrorists, full stop. Heck, I'm a Shia Muslim and my fellow Shia are currently being persecuted by ISIS. Not to mention the problems in Syria have been spilling over into Lebanon.

A lot of the SJW complaints are ridiculous. For one thing, they seem to think all Muslims are "POC". Not true. Bosnians, Albanians, Tatars, Circassians, Chechens, Dagestanis, Bashkirs, and Pomaks are all native Europeans - and definitely white. Most Turks are white, and so are a lot of Arabs, Berbers, Central Asians, and Iranians. Even the ones who do acknowledge that there are white Muslims think they never face discrimination, which isn't true either.

Last edited:
    Back