• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: Kanto in Generation V?

Will Kanto reappear in Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 75.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    Well, its obviously been pointed out that Gamefreak loves the Kanto region enough to put it once in every generation so far.

That being said, do you think Kanto will reappear in Generation V?

If so, how do you think it will play out?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    With the second generation, they just wanted to keep the regions connected, since that was still doable at the time, and they wanted to have a "where are they now" moment for the Kanto region. In the third and fourth generations, they were remaking games that already had Kanto in them. Unless they make Mega Fire Red and Ultra Leaf Green, I don't think we'll be going back to Kanto.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't think we'll be going back to Kanto in generation V either. There's nothing new they can do to spice it up. Besides, if they make us go back to that wretched place, I think I'm just going to kill myself and you'll have to find a new moderator. I'm that sick of it.

Years
  • Nononono. The Kanto region is just so... overdone, it doesn't need to appear in anymore Pokemon games. I like Kanto n' all, but jeez, it's just... dead now. >.>

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • There is a little bit of Kanto already in Unova. Since after you beat the game Kanto pokemon are available. And if you count the anime then Ash and Pikachu are in Unova and they both hail from Kanto. To include the region again is overduing it and I am pretty sure pokemon knows that. Then again they do have 3 Gen of Fire/Fighting in a row...

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Ugh, Kanto has been severely overdone by now, so I'd really just prefer it to not show up again. It's really quite bland and boring. I doubt it'd show up, anyway, since what reason would they find to bring it back once again? We've seen it in 4 generations already!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yeah, being so overdone'd I really don't wish to see another remake for them.
    I'd love a remake for Hoenn region though :/

Years
  • Hopefully not.

What more can they really add? It was just in HG/SS, so seeing Kanto again in this generation is unlikely.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    As much as I love Kanto, it's been included in four generations now, with little change. Unless the change is more significant, then I don't really want to see Kanto again, personally.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    I agree, Kanto has been way overused. It was pretty neat in Gen II, and Firered and Leafgreen were much needed remakes, but now that it's in Heartgold and Soulsilver, I found myself getting kinda annoyed with it being used so much. I wouldn't mind them putting Hoenn in, though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't think we'll be going back to Kanto in generation V either. There's nothing new they can do to spice it up. Besides, if they make us go back to that wretched place, I think I'm just going to kill myself and you'll have to find a new moderator. I'm that sick of it.

*Offers to take that job* :P

Lol jk, I don't have the time xD

Anyway, I gotta agree with the rest of this. I'd still buy the game, so I can have a different Kanto starter on every game they're available in (LeafGreen, HeartGold, hypothetical slaughtering of Kanto in Gen V). But I'd be happy enough with my Gen III Kanto.

There's a high likelihood that they'll bring it back again. But I hope not, as that means Johto in Gen VI.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Too much of a Kanto overdose.

Having it in Gen II, was cool. Having the originals remade after ten years or so pretty neat. Having it in HG/SS was expected. Having it in Gen V? That's a bit of an overkill. I mean, each time they brought it back the outline of it basically stuck to what it was like originally and after so many times playing through the same thing it gets pretty boring, even for those who love the region I would assume. So, unless they really changed the Kanto region to so much of an extent that the storyline and some of the characters have changed dramatically, then no I wouldn't want it to come back for another run in Gen V. I really see no purpose for it coming back either. I mean, if Isshu is Pokémon's reboot, then bringing back Kanto would be a step back in their direction.

...Unless they want to remake Hoenn, then I'm fine with that. n__n;

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • No, no, and another no, also no. NOOOOOO! ;~; Im tired of kanto, no more please GameFreak. If I see kanto in generation V Im going to cry. If it would appear in Generation VI I wouldnt care. But just let Generation V be a stand alone reboot.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Nah,we won't be having kanto anymore i think because it has been used to much and not much they can really do to change it.

Years
  • I dont think Kanto will appear in Generation V because it has been in the previous 4 generations and I don't really think that they will put in two remakes, as if any of the Generation 3 games are remade, it will be Hoenn.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • NO WAY. Kanto's awesome, but I'm sick of it. Whenever I close my eyes, I see Kanto! AARGH (not really)

Years
  • To be honest, I wouldn't mind revisiting Kanto, if it were to be a Yellow Remake.
    If Kanto seems a tad boring, there's 150+ new Pokemon you would be able to bring there, and it would most likely
    get a snazzy new tileset, which I'm assuming would be quite aesthetically pleasing. The only proof we have thus far
    is the Champion Remix Track found in BW, which isn't much to go on. I guess I'm the lone wolf in saying this, but I wouldn't mind a Yellow
    remake, or at least to revisit Kanto, in fact, I'd prefer it.

Back