• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll of the Week: D&P vs B&W

Poll of the Week: D&P vs B&W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blue

gucci
Years
  • Interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed Sinnoh especially playing Platinum which became one of my favourite games, however I also loved Unova and all that Black & White had to offer and I haven't even played the third game yet! Very tough but I'd go for DP just because I think BW will get more but it's really equal for me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    For innovation, I'd say DPP, although B&W has most of DPP's features with new features as well. I just can't battle without my battle animations anymore, and the Battle Subway+power items make IV breeding so much easier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like B/W because of the storyline and new moves, abilities and Pokemon introduced. Now that I've familiarized myself with the Gen V metagame, it's hard to go back to Gen IV's.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • D/P definitely. Too many things took a step backward in 5th gen, ranging from trainer designs to menu designs to the experience system,. and the new Pokemon and moves really didn't bring all that much new to the table IMO. Improved graphics and bigger cities can't compensate for completely dropping the ball in other aspects of the game.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    DP FTW! They were so hupe leap forward from Emerald and they introduced so many new cool Pokémon and cities. Sinnoh is beautiful island and it has very interesting storyline and events like encountering Dialga/Palkia at Mt. Coronet and releasing Uxie, Afelf and Mesprit from Team Galactic. Pokétch was cool gadget and it was funny to draw with it. BW is great also but it can't 'win' DP in my opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • BW. I hate DP. Just so we're clear though, this "poll of the week" crap isn't official. This isn't Pokemon Voting Polls or OVP. So if you keep this up, prepare to be stopped in your tracks. I'm just saying.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Black and White because of the infinite TM's and the all round new graphics and features. Diamond and Pearl would have won if they didn't go at like 0.2x speed. :<

Years
  • Black and White. No contest. I hated DP. Black and White is just better with everything when comparing the two games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    B&W hands down for me. All in all, I thought the DPPt games were pretty dire. Not a patch on the older games. So I was happy when I enjoyed Black; I hated to think Pokémon truly was going down hill.

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Although DP's intro to wifi battling, as well as the balance in DP OU being amazing, I find BW to be better. The improvement in the general battling system, graphics/animated battles, and multiplayer options makes BW an amazing addition to the pokemon series.

TheronElite

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • It is close, but I'd say B/W. The only think I would have like to see in B/W is something like Mt. Coronet. I loved climbing it and occasionally training there. However, B/W brought really good looking cities and environments. The music is also pretty good as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Black and White. I really felt attached to the games, whereas I could lose my Pearl version and not really care, while losing Black or White would REALLY annoy me. :(!

Plus yeah, only played one from Sinnoh, two from Unova, clearly the better games for me, etc. Pearl was just... idk, didn't feel like Pokemon.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
    Years
  • I like Black and White's story line more than Diamond and Pearl's. BW Pokémon were more fun to play with than DP Pokémon, too. I think the designs of the Unova region Pokémon are better than Sinnoh. :P

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    DP for me. I don't like either, but I feel even less connected to BW than to DP, so I'll just go with that. Besides, the BW gen is absolutely terrible, especially for the metagame haha.

Back