• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    I would like the ability to save all the tileset pictures at once to .png, .jpg, or .bmp with the correct palleteor an easer way than one at a time and then having to load the next one sucks if you want all 67 of FR/LG's tilesets example:
    [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

The current way
    : Click this to save the block pallete picture
    #2: This is the block pallete which is limited to to two tile sets at once. so once its save you would have to load new tilesets.

My New way would be: Click Save all Tileset pictures function, then all the tileset pics located on the ROM would be saved with the correct pallet to the selected location so you dont have to save one at a time then load the next ones which takes about an hour for 67 of them if your fast!
    This would be incredible useful to graphic rippers!

Importance: 9.5

Sorry, i see no need for this, this is a MapEditor, not a Ripping tool!

1)i would like a region map changer
    example:be able to change wat the map looks like with paint
    importance:7/10

2)als0 i would like the ability to repeat 1 tile over and over
    example:like being ble to take a whole tree and being able to place it as one tile
    importance:4/10

3)being able to easily able to insert a tile set
    example:put a whole tileset you made or found and easily add it by finding the tileset in your computer
    importane:3/10

and lastley 4)being able to add a clock and day and night system to any game
    example:you know how fr and lg dont have clocks well what if we could have a clock script available and have a night and day start time editor so pokemon like umbreon and espeon are able to be obtained withought cheating
    importace:5/10

2) this is already possible -> read the readme, there are all keystrokes desripted, also a "great block"-funktion

3) what exactly do you mean with "easy inserting"?

4) sorry it is a MapEditor, for every thing about day/Night system there is Mastermind_X's tool...

greetz LU-HO

ICE-X

Pokemon Frozen Glory creator
    Years
    -Make it so that when when you expand the map instead of only expanding to the bottom and to the right, it would expand in all directions (up, down, left right) because whenever I'm making a map I make it too small.
    example:Make it so you can expand the map in all directions
    importance:8/10

-Make a stamp feature so that you can make a 2X2 stamp of tiles like trees for a forest so you don't need to put tile individually over a large area.
    example:Make a stamp feature
    Importance:5/10

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    -Make it so that when when you expand the map instead of only expanding to the bottom and to the right, it would expand in all directions (up, down, left right) because whenever I'm making a map I make it too small.
    example:Make it so you can expand the map in all directions
    importance:8/10

-Make a stamp feature so that you can make a 2X2 stamp of tiles like trees for a forest so you don't need to put tile individually over a large area.
    example:Make a stamp feature
    Importance:5/10

Hi

this was requested already 5 or 6 times, so there is no need to say it again.

-_- direct in the post over yours i say already to this idea:
    2) this is already possible -> read the readme, there are all keystrokes desripted, also a "great block"-funktion

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
    I really do feel for you LU-HO... you're so fed up you've retorted to copy and pasting answers... LOL!

I think you should type in big, bold letters: "READ THE Readme FILE BEFORE MAKING ANY REQUESTS!!!!". Then you should just ignore anymore silly requests. While I'm here I may as well also make a request (I'm not sure if this one has already been made, but here it goes):

What: Map Clear button
    Description: You can select a single tile or a few and clear the map with those tiles.
    Importance: 5 (for me now - 7 :P)

Anyway, good luck with the hoard of requests and thank you for taking them. Bye :)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    some one request a other function:
    you can select a area of the map, and than you can fill the whole area with one block.

so i will insert this function, because it is multi functional.
    and you can also select the whole map an replace it with one Block^^

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    I'd like an assign function. So, you assign, say, 1 to a tree tile, and whenever you place that tile, it'll have 1 as its movement permission. That and a tile expander for collision (so, selecting a group of 1s or Cs and being able to place them in blocks.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    how about making the person read the readme by adding it to the setup when you install or possibly add help so everyone (like Me) stops asking how do you do this or that
    rating:10(nice to have)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2013
    What: Ability to customize hot keys
    Description: Can change the default hot-key settings to match one's personal preferences.
    Importance: 10. Not a necessity but would be cool

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Immediate Tile Movement Assign
    Rating: 1

It will take some people hours to make the movement permissions, but with this, it'll be easier.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years

Hey Lu-Ho, do you still remember when you asked for something that says what the bytes in the block editor do when I asked for you to fix the drop-down menu for the block editor bytes?
    well I recently got around to doing the ones that are already used in-game (some in-game bytes weren't used because they used 2 of the same kind of bytes instead of only the 1 for each "type" w/ a drop-down menu, and I didn't want to make it have every possible combination (ie 256 with one byte, WAY WAY WAY more with the other non-drop-down-menu byte)

*note* this does not include what every byte does, and I posted a thread in the docs and tuts section, and am waiting for approval. :)

HentaiHentai

Banned
    Years
    I understand that Mastermid_X is the person to ask but this makes sense to ask of it from you.

Wild Pokemon Editor that Supports Day & Night.
    Ex: (In wild pokemon tab, Click on grass, and then you would see 2 sets side by side for the Day & Night wild pokemon)
    Importance: 10 (>Only< When working on Day & Night games)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    What:tile search function
    Description: sometimes I want to edit a tileset but I'm afraid it may infuence other map. So can you add a tileset and tile search function to search the whole rom and show which map contain the tile?
    Importance: 5

By the way, it's better to show the tile's behaviour information in the status bar, bucause some tiles are similar and I have to see them in tile editor to see what are different by the behaviour information.

to your tile search function:
    do you know, you can change the "From Header" view to show all Maps sorted by using Tileset?
    isn't this enough?
    otherwise how should i show you the result of the search?

behavior information-> for sure, good idea.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
    Lu-Ho, this is just a tip: add the keystroke options to the menu. This will make it easier to find and make your life easier, it will reduce the requests of these functions because people are to lazy to read the read me, but I guess they will look in the menu.

quillmagma

powercrazed trainer
    Years
    what: help function
    discription: a help function so you can navigate to the problem
    importance: 2

what: a flag checker
    why: you can see wich flag is used so you don't screw up the game
    importance:1

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    What: Have a "one language" option.

Description: Whatever language you select when starting up AdvanceMap should be the only language you see when using it. It gets confusing when trying to learn how to use AdvanceMap and I select "English" but a major section is non-english.

Importance: 1

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    That isn't really fixable. The only reason there are some German words mixed in is that the .ini files are incomplete.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back