• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hey LU-HO...
    I wanna confirm if you are gonna add a color changer to Advance Map.
    Since the default color of A-Map is kinda bright to my eyes.
    I suggested before that if you could add a 'Theme Changer', but you never replied to it, at least, that's what I think...

Also, could you change the font color of this one here...
    [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Maybe change it to a darker color of green.
    I can't determine sometimes what's the exact number it is showing.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Hi

i do not comment the post you talking off, because there is nothing to say.
    I try to insert all serious Ideas, and if i would comment each idea, this thread would be to big. This is a Idea thread not a comment thread.^^

why should i change this color? i see no problem to reading it?
    i use this 3 colors for
    R:$FF0000
    G:$00FF00
    B:$0000FF

the "full" red/green/blue...

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
  • What: a feature that loads scripts using the script files instead of offsets
    Description: uses the script editor to load scripts without using offsets
    Importance: 2

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
  • idea

Just asking...but what do you mean by loading from file not offset? Loading scripts is something for the script editor...
    dont you know how you put in a script offset it would be easier to give character a script if you could just upload the script file

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • No, because the game data has them separated and well...joining them nobody's bothered trying. I guess it's how the game's wired - 2 tilesets to a map, main and secondary.

On the subject, Lu-ho, I have an idea.

What: A description of each tileset (where it's used, basically).
    Description: When you select a tileset, have some thing that shows where it's used
    Importance: 10 - don't need it, but add it if you want. =P

Larsie13

What: Lets you edit where locations such as Granite Cave, etc. are when you enter the Pokénav's Zoom Mode, like this:
    [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Description: The current Worldmap Editor, AKAIK, can't edit where such places are located in the Zoom Mode. So, I'd like it to be upgraded to be able to move -or remove- those places.
    Importance: Uhm, let's say 3, because I don't know how to change them, and it's pretty important not to have Hoenn locations on another region's map.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Is this thing still on?
    I think expanded Rom support and proper world map editing are both essential.

Also:

What: Tileset Maker
    Description: Make, export and import tilesets
    Importance: 2 or 3

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • i'm still working on the new version, and after the new version there will come sometimes a newer version, so you can suggest new functions still in a year^^

the first 2 things are planed.

export and import tilesets is already possible.
    creating new oney, only with the HEX-tutorial i created in tutorial section. butt will be integrated in new version also.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
  • umm... how about tile inserter that transfers the colours of the tile to the colours of your pallete 10/10 (not that important)

Joceph

ギラティナ
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    heres a great idea i dont know anything abt scripts and **** but u should put somthing that tells you the script offsets of items like a list or somthing
    eg.

Master Ball-Script offset:$291358
    Rare Candy-etc

hope u make one that has that

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • heres a great idea i dont know anything abt scripts and **** but u should put somthing that tells you the script offsets of items like a list or somthing
    eg.

Master Ball-Script offset:$291358
    Rare Candy-etc

hope u make one that has that

you miss understand how scripts work!!!

there is not a script offset for a spezial action.

each script offset point to SCRIPT.
    and in this script you can write what the game should do.
    for examle say some thing give a item, walk 2 steps, say something more and give second item...

so there is no "offset" for a spezial item, you have to decdode the script change it and recode/insert the script.

XSE (eXream Script Editor) is a good Script editor, and you can link AdvanceMap to it (Settintgs->choose Scripteditor)

you want know how script work? see the threads & tuitorials in this Board for more infos.

greetz LU-HO

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    export and import tilesets is already possible.
    How? (EDIT: I see now)
    Also, can I create new names? There appears to be a feature for that...

Also under header/show name on entering, I think numbers 05 and 07 have something to do with those images that appear when you enter places like Mt. Moon.

Also see if you can implement a feature to "reset" levels to a blank level.

Fox3292

A Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Question: Is there a way to make a new name for a map without deleting an existing name? it's really bugging me not being able to add new maps to hoenn without deleting an existing name ^^;

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
  • Bug: cannot read bytes
    Bug Descripiton: Im remaking the birch lab and every time i leave the map it says cannot read the bytes at end of file

AdvanceMap Version: 1.92

RomeType: Pokemon - RUby

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back