• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [pool] AdvanceMap new functions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    and what would such a "palette fixer" do exactly ???
    I think he means that if you were to insert a tile without recoloring, A-Map automatically changes the color to the closest existing color in the palettes. I actually think this a fairly good idea, and should definitely be added! ^^

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
    Years
  • Who is so stupid and paint a full Map in MS Paint @.o?
    this function will make sense if you want import a Map, that someone has post in a forum as an image.
    and i will not support thieves...

or is there any other need for such a function?
    Oh no I am not a thief if that is want you are thinking, I just thought it would be an alright function to have, but it really doesn't matter to me.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Oh no I am not a thief if that is want you are thinking, I just thought it would be an alright function to have, but it really doesn't matter to me.

There is a function the save Maps in *.map Files.
    so you do not have to save maps as images an recreate it from the images.
    The functions to save/load Mapfiles are under:
    File->Map->...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • and what would such a "palette fixer" do exactly ???
    Do you know UnLZ.GBA?
    When you save a picture, you cannot recolor it.
    The 16-pallete is already in the picture. So If I paste a dark red, then it would change to red.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2009
    Idea: Select multiple tiles, example selecting an entire tree rather than having to select one tile after another.
    Importance: 6 (i guess)

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Idea: Select multiple tiles, example selecting an entire tree rather than having to select one tile after another.
    Importance: 6 (i guess)

pleas read the Readme, there are spezial key strokes. also one for "big Blocks" what is exactly what you say. this is possible since version 1.50 i think.

Years
  • Think about it!

These are some pretty good ideas that i had for a-map (not sure all of them would work)
    *rather than having the map connections dialogue, you should just have one scroller for the entire game map, so you can navigate easier,
    *you should also have several tileset ones to choose from, or if you want, combine them, you could have any hackers contribute theirs, for example; the first tileset one would be the one for the main game, the second maybe Zels shiny gold(if hes willing to contribute), i dunno, think about it.
    *an easier way to control person event, such as a drop down bar telling what this person should do, (give an item or pokemon)

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    An undo button.

Importance: 8

Because I hate it when I mess up with a tile and have do it all over again.

Palette Fixer: When you import a tileset into A-Map without recoloring it, A-Map would automatically change the colors of the tileset into the closest existing colors in the palette.

Importance: 9
    Because palette editing is a pain whenever I want to insert a new house or something.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • These are some pretty good ideas that i had for a-map (not sure all of them would work)
    1*rather than having the map connections dialogue, you should just have one scroller for the entire game map, so you can navigate easier,
    2*you should also have several tileset ones to choose from, or if you want, combine them, you could have any hackers contribute theirs, for example; the first tileset one would be the one for the main game, the second maybe Zels shiny gold(if hes willing to contribute), i dunno, think about it.
    3*an easier way to control person event, such as a drop down bar telling what this person should do, (give an item or pokemon)

1. sorry do not unterstand how you mean this, can you pleas describe more.
    2. if you are a hacker, not a beginner, you can insert the Tilesets at your own. otherwise, if you cannot do, you should learn it, it is one of the main skills of a RomHacker.
    3. use XSE or ASC

An undo button.

Importance: 8

Because I hate it when I mess up with a tile and have do it all over again.

Palette Fixer: When you import a tileset into A-Map without recoloring it, A-Map would automatically change the colors of the tileset into the closest existing colors in the palette.

Importance: 9
    Because palette editing is a pain whenever I want to insert a new house or something.

a undo button is planed but i say you now: this will use MUCH Memory!!! depending on how much steps you will undo. (this will be an option you can set.

Palette Fixer...
    i heard this sometimes ago, but this IS NOT possible, the PC cannot think, it do not have a brain...
    how should the programm know, which of your colors it should set to one of the existing one...
    if the program simple take the first color it find in your image and set it to the first color in the palette, the second to the second...
    your image would have terrible colors. it should perhabs set the 1st color of your image to the 5th in the palette, the 2nd to the 1st, the 3rd to the 8th... so it would look correct. and the programm connot know this!

so therefore such a function is not possible...
    or do you see a option for this?

greetz LU-HO

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • a undo button is planed but i say you now: this will use MUCH Memory!!! depending on how much steps you will undo. (this will be an option you can set.

Couldn't you just press once and undo what you just did? I mean, it's not like every tile you place is instantly written into the ROM... :\

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    What: The Offset
    Description: not actually a function but can you remove the "$" in every offset box so copy paste will be much easier..
    Importance: 10=nice to have

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • ability to show the sprites from all anglers (left, right, up, down) instead of just down (fpr hacks that overwrite one unused direction for another sprite and forgot which way it was "facing")
    7 outta 10 (1 is highest, right?)

oh and the pallet thing, it sounds possible, if YOU go through every possible color and select every color thats close enough to the new color (although everyone probably doesn't have that much free time)

Years
  • get it.....

Im talking about the map of the game being like one whole thing instead of being segregated into cities and towns, like the whole thing being an image on paint. (Clear as mudd?)

*p.s I know how to insert tiles, just thought you could make it a little easier.........

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Couldn't you just press once and undo what you just did? I mean, it's not like every tile you place is instantly written into the ROM... :\

nothing will be written to the ROM until you press the save button.
    the problem is, the other ones, who want undo AND redo buttons will undo more than one click.
    and each click could be:
    - normal click of 1 block
    - click and draw multible bocks
    - special Fill click
    - special replace click
    - greatblock click

and i must save in each one the value bevore and after the action, for each changing block, and which block X/Y-coordinates it was.

and this not only for the blocks, also for Moving data...
    but i will make a option you can set, how much steps you could undo.

@all: a question to the UNDO(/REDO) option:
    - after saving the map, should then data still be saved, so you can undo what you do and save it again?
    or i say the question in different way:
    on which point the undo data should be deletet?
    - on saving the map.
    - on changing the map in AM
    - on closing AM
    - ...?

What: The Offset
    Description: not actually a function but can you remove the "$" in every offset box so copy paste will be much easier..
    Importance: 10=nice to have

this sign say, the value is in Hex.
    but your right, on some fields it is an Hex value without this sign...
    ok, i think i could remove it everywhere.
    but than you will be unable to set an decimal value in AdvanceMap. Than each value in AdvanceMap would be HEX.
    And if i say each than i mean each, also Mapsize, tilesetnumber....
    i would otherwise not see, how i/you could differ, which value is hex, and which Decimal...
    or do you have an idea for this?

ability to show the sprites from all anglers (left, right, up, down) instead of just down (fpr hacks that overwrite one unused direction for another sprite and forgot which way it was "facing")
    7 outta 10 (1 is highest, right?)

oh and the pallet thing, it sounds possible, if YOU go through every possible color and select every color thats close enough to the new color (although everyone probably doesn't have that much free time)

i will try to insert this option.
    but i don't actually know how i know which image is which angle. and which sprite have which angle...
    do you know it? -> PM me ^^"
    ---
    if you do not have much free time, you shouldn't start a hack... @.o
    a hack will take very much free time.
    also making a AdvanceMap function use very much free time.

back to your idea:
    - each color of the actual selected palette? or of each palette of this tileset?
    - what should i do, if one color of the image has 2 corresponding colors in the palette?
    - or if one color of the image is very far away from each color in the palette?

Im talking about the map of the game being like one whole thing instead of being segregated into cities and towns, like the whole thing being an image on paint. (Clear as mudd?)

*p.s I know how to insert tiles, just thought you could make it a little easier.........

this would be very hard to handle.
    i must load the data of each map (data and image) in the ROM in your RAM (use very much memory), and must save each change on each map you made...

i think this would be too much work for what it use.

*PS: you mean i will do it for you. (as you say in your last post)
    Greetz LU-HO

Chronic

Off for the Ultimate Victory!
    Years
  • What about:

What? Snippets

Description: Predefined code samples, like Move Tutors, Cut trees, etc.., which could be inserted when inserting a new person in a map.

Importance: 5, nice and important.

What? Improved block editor

Description: Expanded explanation for behavior data. Improve the tile inserting function and pallete editor.

Importance: 10, would be nice.

What? Bug on Block Editor

Description: After saving a block, the block list shrinks. When reloading blocks, the size restores.

No image available. When I find one, I'll post it right away.

What? Tile animation editor

Description: Edit or create tile animations.

What? World map image editor

Description: Editing the world map positions is nice, but it would be better if we could edit the background image as well.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Hey Lu-Ho. I don't know if anyone's already said this but
    In the block editor, the set of blocks on the right, well can you please put them like the order the blocks on the left because it will make inserting tiles easier for everyone. Importance 10/10

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
    In the block editor, the set of blocks on the right, well can you please put them like the order the blocks on the left because it will make inserting tiles easier for everyone. Importance 10/10

hä?
    sorry no idea how you mean this.
    can you describe with an image?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years

Impossible because a lot of blocks are used more than once in different tiles. It would waste space to ridiculous extents to put the blocks like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back