• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon-Zed or Porygon-Zee?

How do you pronounce Porygon-Z?

• Total voters

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • I never really thought about it until I was talking with a friend from the United States, heh. It's probably the only Pokemon that Americans will pronounce differently then Brits and Canucks.

So, how do you pronounce it? ^_^

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    I never really thought about it until I was talking with a friend from the United States, heh. It's probably the only Pokemon that Americans will pronounce differently then Brits and Canucks.

So, how do you pronounce it? ^_^

You forgot Australians D:<

I pronounce Zee, solely because Zee sounds better than Zed in terms of Porygon. Otherwise, I say 'Zed'.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...hm. I don't know if I've ever pronounced it aloud before. I think I have to agree with Angelix though--"zee" does sound better. It rolls off the tongue after "Porygon" a lot better than "zed."

I take pride in pronouncing it "zed" at all times, though, so I'm torn. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Even though I'm Australian, I'd say zee, since it's intended to be pronounced that way.

Zed sounds so old - zee has that modern feel to it.

Back