• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possibility of New Pokémon

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    New mega forms are a real possibility, and as most said there isn't any chance of getting a new Pokémon, even a hardpressed cross-generational evolution, since Hoenn only had two. But still, I'm sure they would need to expand the mega evolution forms, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Have to say no, unfortunately. :( New Pokémon get introduced only at beginning of every gen; not throughout middle or end. Though, I could definitely see them introduce some new mega-evolutions, since that's sort of a different concept. Personally, I would love it if Skarmory wound up getting one, and perhaps even Salamence.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guys anyone saying it's unlikely isn't considering the fact that at the start of BW, B2W2 were unlikely, that fairy type was unlikely. GF enjoys throwing people off the course of things bring predictable, with that said I think it might happen because why not?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Have to say no, unfortunately. :( New Pokémon get introduced only at beginning of every gen; not throughout middle or end. Though, I could definitely see them introduce some new mega-evolutions, since that's sort of a different concept. Personally, I would love it if Skarmory wound up getting one, and perhaps even Salamence.

Oh yeah, I thought Skarmory would get an awesome new ability and a pre-evo in the fourth gen. I really would like to see it getting better recognition in ORAS since I loved the design.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Guys anyone saying it's unlikely isn't considering the fact that at the start of BW, B2W2 were unlikely, that fairy type was unlikely. GF enjoys throwing people off the course of things bring predictable, with that said I think it might happen because why not?

I know they've been full of surprises lately, but I can't see them doing something like that.

The only "new Pokemon" I can see them do is change the Pokedex a bit to include new evolutions like Budew and Chingling. Or forms and megas of course.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , I wanted a 3rd non-Legendary Giant snake Pokemon in XY game.
    Since Brock has a Steelix and Misty has a Gyarados , I wanted a 3rd giant snake Pokemon for Ash.
    Unfortunately , There is no possibility for a new Pokemon in a remake .
    The Best we can hope for is a New form Or Megevolution .
    As for Brand new Pokemon , We have to wait until Gen VII.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm leaning more towards to new Megas than new Pokemon tbh coz its somewhat impossible for having an old region having new Pokemon? Ofcourse Gen 4 -6 Pokes might appear in Hoenn but if they would add new Pokemon, it would most likely be Gen 3 evos but even then, it was kind of thrown off now that Mega Evolutions are here :/

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Guys anyone saying it's unlikely isn't considering the fact that at the start of BW, B2W2 were unlikely, that fairy type was unlikely. GF enjoys throwing people off the course of things bring predictable, with that said I think it might happen because why not?
    But that was introduced at the, like I said earlier, start of a brand new Generation, not right in the middle of a current one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    But that was introduced at the, like I said earlier, start of a brand new Generation, not right in the middle of a current one.

I meant in general we thought it was unlikely. The last few games we have got changes that diverted from the norm so I don't see why they have to traditionally follow a set thing for remakes when introducing new pokemon won't be that strange.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I meant in general we thought it was unlikely. The last few games we have got changes that diverted from the norm so I don't see why they have to traditionally follow a set thing for remakes when introducing new pokemon won't be that strange.

I could see how that may baffle a few fans. They always, like you said, love to keep us in the dark until the very last moment. But then again, I don't see what kind of new Pokémon would benefit from being in a Hoenn remake.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • I thoroughly hope there won't be any new Pokémon. The point of a re-make is that it's re-made; the same as the original, but better. It think it would spoil the experience a little bit for me when the most exciting thing I find about this game is the nostalgia it will induce.

Years
  • I'd say a small chance of new pokemon, but larger chance of new megas. I can't see them leaving torchic as the only gen 3 starter to get a mega

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Mabye. They would updated X/Y for the support of new pokémon and pokémon formes if they had too.

Years
  • I think there's a bigger possibility than what most people are saying. Sure, there weren't any in past remakes, but Gamefreak could always throw us a curveball. BW2 wasn't considered likely at the time, neither were slot of things in X/Y like Fairy types, but we got them. It could also explain why we got a smaller amount of Pokemon this gen. If we were to get the same amount as in X/Y, not counting events, there would be 138, which seems like a reasonable number.

All that said though, I still don't find it likely; just a better possibility than what most people are saying.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Anything is possible at this point!

However, because this is a remake and not a sequel, I doubt they'll release new Pokemon. The only "new" Pokemon they'll probably release are Megas and possibly forms.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I doubt we will see any new pokemon in ORAS if at all. If we get new pokemon, it will probably be in the 3rd version or sequel to XY. However, we will probably see new Megas.

People have to realize that, to Game Freak, the Megas are new pokemon and we do have 100+ in this generation.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • With the lack of new Pokemon in X and Y, I have begun to feel that we could be getting the rest of the Pokemon in, I'd say, Gen 6 had from 100-130 Pokemon and just released 70 in X and Y and could be releasing the rest in OR/AS, and with X and Y, they could be releasing a patch with a Pokedex update.

Years
  • It could very well happen. Nintendo and Game Freak have done crazier things, but it just doesn't feel like they would for ORAS. They already officially announced it as a complete remake, which in my opinion greatly lowers the chances of any new pokemon being revealed. However, I won't be complaining if they fool us all and introduce some unidentified Hoenn-mons that weren't discovered in RSE's time.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I hope that they add new evolutions to the hoenn pokemons, I really think those who didn't have any mega should at least get new evolutions like what they did on gen 4..

And if theres an off chance of having new pokemon, I think they should add a new eevee evolution since hoenn unfortunately hoenn didn't give us a new eevolution..

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • if there is anything (which i doubt), i dont think they will be obtainable until post-game

not talking about new megas here, rather new pokemon as a whole. i think there will be new megas, but not new pokemon

Back