• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possibility of New Pokémon

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm not ruling it out but I highly doubt there will be any new Pokemon, why remake a game and then add new Pokemon? Sorta defeats the purpose.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I don't really believe that there will be new Pokemon. I want to believe though. I keep telling myself "Well..there were so few in X/Y and Hoenn could have new areas with new Pokemon.." but then I think "They're not going to put brand new Pokemon in a region that was already made."

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • One on my pet peeves concerning the pokemon fan base is when someone suggests a 0% probability of something happening. There's always some chance, however unlikely. If it can be suggested, it can be created.

Only two generations have been remade so far. That's hardly enough to establish any sort of pattern, certainly not enough to rule anything out, even if the developers were somehow bound by their previous productions.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think there will be - only because they have so many new things to add to RSE anyway. Not only do they have 3 new generations of Pokemon to add to the games if they want - which includes a new type and new evolutions for older Pokemon - they also have Mega Evolutions. I think that if we see any new Pokemon, it'll be new Megas, since I believe that is the feature that Nintendo is playing with now.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I could see it happening, but it's unlikely. I think this second region from x and y will show up but we shall see. I could see new pokemon there.

Years
  • One on my pet peeves concerning the pokemon fan base is when someone suggests a 0% probability of something happening. There's always some chance, however unlikely. If it can be suggested, it can be created.

Only two generations have been remade so far. That's hardly enough to establish any sort of pattern, certainly not enough to rule anything out, even if the developers were somehow bound by their previous productions.

Well said. Game Freak has the power to do anything they like with their games; patterns and previous games don't make anything impossible in terms of Pokemon. Not saying it's likely that they'll include new Pokemon in ORAS, in fact I doubt it, but no one can say, with utmost confidence, that there's absolutely no way they would. Who knows?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I meant in general we thought it was unlikely. The last few games we have got changes that diverted from the norm so I don't see why they have to traditionally follow a set thing for remakes when introducing new pokemon won't be that strange.
    I think that by giving the mascots of the remakes Megas or formes is diviating from the norms of remakes we've seen in the past two instances.

I think that GF won't reveal new Pokemon because they'll be too focused on making new Megas.

Years
  • I think irrespective of generation it's more down to region whether new Pokémon are made available, and as we've been introduced to Hoenn already it's unlikely. It's not completely improbable, maybe a couple of new (pre)evolutions might appear but as for Pokémon that relate in no way whatsoever to the ones we've already seen I don't know if I can see happening.

As others have said though I do think more Megas are a given, especially as we've seen some of the Hoenn members such as Blaziken and Manectric already get the treatment :)

Years
  • I actually think that there will be new formes, specifically for the weather trio, but I don't think there's going to be any Mega Evolutions. I got the vibe that mega evolutions were an X&Y only kind of thing, given the whole focus on DNA and chromosomes and whatnot. Just a hunch though.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I actually think that there will be new formes, specifically for the weather trio, but I don't think there's going to be any Mega Evolutions. I got the vibe that mega evolutions were an X&Y only kind of thing, given the whole focus on DNA and chromosomes and whatnot. Just a hunch though.
    Well Gen III and I also had a focus on DNA. There was Deoxys, and for Gen I Mewtwo who got Megas. Maybe Deoxys will get some.

If there is any evolutions for Hoenn Pokemon I hope that Altaria get's one, oh and the electric rabbit duo (they're weak so a Mega may not be enough). Of course chances are close to nill.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Since we didn't see any new Pokemon when Game Freak remade Pokemon Gold and Silver, I doubt we will see any in OR/AS. However I can see the addition of the Fairy type, but that doesn't really entail any new Pokemon per se. I would love to see some more mega forms though!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Zero. Zilch, Nada. The only thing that they would add new Pokemon is with Megas or normal evolutions to soon-to-be Mega families or Gen 3 Families.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Actually I wouldn't be surprised if we got new Pokemon . Did all the data from XY get discovered yet ? I'm thinking we may get that fire/water legendary in the games so why not other new ones? I can see 30 new Pokemon if the did it.

Back