• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible 7th Generation

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Hey. I know... I know... 6th Gen hasn't even been a year yet, but I would like to talk about it while new info has come out.

Ok, The 14th movie, which was the first movie for 5th Gen, the director scouted out locations in France. The next generation, we got an area based in France. Now with the new movie coming out, The Cocoon of Destruction was the first film sense that movie to be scouted for locations once again, this time it was in Canada. Now this is extremely early ideas. but it is possible that the 7th Gen of pokemon, will take place in Canada.

I don't want to get too into the 7th Gen without more info, but I mainly wanted to point this out for people who do not like reading spoilers and info about the movies.

If it does take place in Canada though, I can see us getting another, winter like area easily

Possible animals that new pokemon could be based off would be the following:

Moose
    Wolverine
    Porcupine
    Arctic Fox
    Snowy Owl
    Rainbow Trout
    Kermode Bear

These are just a few, there are many more, but those are what stick out at me.

So what do you all think?

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    I predict if this is the case, the next fire starter will be a rabbit. Many rabbits live in the Canadian area, and the rabbit is on the Chinese zodiac.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I feel like I see people talking about Canada everywhere these days xD

But yeah, I like your idea. I'd like it more if it was based on Scandinavia though. Moose, wolverines, rabbits and lynx and snow fox could still be incorporated. Unova had Zebstrika but there are no zebras in America from what I know, so it doesn't have to be strictly animals from the place the region is based on.

If it was Scandinavia, there could be legendaries based on the viking gods... Unless Kalos' legendaries picked that one already. I'd also want a rather dramatic scenery with much pine forest and glaciers and fjords.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yeah I know, I just like getting native animals listed that pop out at me, like with Unova, we got an eagle and a buffalo, which are native the America, but I know eagles can be found else where, buffalo however, were native to North America.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • If it does take place in Canada, it'll be the biggest region by far.

Hopefully they'll have a train go across the prairies so you don't have to deal with the vast expanse of ♥♥♥♥ing nothing.

Or they could let you ride across on a Rapidash.

The rival could be Bieber. I'm sure no one would complain about having to beat the snot outta him.

And Professor Celine Dione.

Or Robin Williams.

Or Jim Carrey- if the graphics are powerful enough to handle his face.

Years
  • Ooh, I really hope that there's some truth behind this, as I've always felt that Canada (or at least part of it) would make home to a great region- and that's not even my hometown bias talking. There's plenty of geographical diversity and lots of wildlife that haven't been turned into Pokemon yet, including the ones noted in the first post. And having a professor named Professor Maple would be just about as Canadian as you can get, and it would still fit in with the others' names.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I love the idea of a snow fox or something like that! Would be one of the few ice pokemon I would want on my team. Being that I'm just about to start the 6th I hope the 7th isn't out for a while.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
  • i never knew there was a new movie coming
    Anyways, a snow fox would be great, but isn't fox been overused? LOL
    Anyways there be sure to have a lot of surprises.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I don't know how a region based on Canada would work, but I would personally want a more Asian-themed region such as Hong Kong or South Korea myself, they would work perfectly as Pokemon regions.

For the starters, the grass starter should be a small bird (since it's the only starter type without a bird based starter) that evolves to a peacock, which is a flying bird and we haven't had a starter final form that flies since Charizard back in Gen 1. The fire starter should be a ferret that evolves to a kamaitachi, a cool concept which I am surprised hasn't been used (unless you count Mienshao as a kamaitachi). And for the water starter, they should make a more equine looking seahorse that evolves into a hippocamp in it's final stage.

i never knew there was a new movie coming
    Anyways, a snow fox would be great, but isn't fox been overused? LOL
    Anyways there be sure to have a lot of surprises.

I agree, fox-based Pokemon are overused anymore, plus absolutely adored (and by adored, I mean borderline worshipped) by the fandom. Just look at Vulpix, Eevee, Zorua, and Fennekin. How about a husky or an arctic wolf instead, they're close enough to arctic foxes. If they are to make another fox Pokemon (especially if it's a kitsune), it should be a legendary.

I remember back when several names for Gen 6 Pokemon were leaked and how the leaker presumed what they were based on by translating their names. The name that stuck out to many was "Burigaron" which the leaker thought was an ice wolf Pokemon and got many people hyped for an ice wolf. The games came out and to many people's disappointment (including mine), there was no ice wolf Pokemon (just an ice table with Avalugg) and the name "Burigaron" ended up being the name of Chesnaught, the final form of grass starter Chespin. I really do hope Gen 7 has an ice wolf Pokemon.

Years
  • Also if we go Canada, we need Geese/Loons, Muskrat/otter/beaver, real wolf, brown recluse, hummingbird, banana slug, minnow/smelt, Salmon, wendigo, heron, bison/ox, eskimo/igloo!, leech, Maple Tree, Sturgeon, Lynx, Mountain Goat, and, of course, a poutine pokemon.

And anything weird/quirky to represent Quebec. I only mean this in the nicest way possible ;)
    Spoiler:

Though, I personally would love a Mediterranean region that has European, Asian, and African subregions. Cyprus can be the League.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • If it does take place in Canada, it'll be the biggest region by far.

Hopefully they'll have a train go across the prairies so you don't have to deal with the vast expanse of ♥♥♥♥ing nothing.

The rival could be Bieber. I'm sure no one would complain about having to beat the snot outta him.

Or Robin Williams.

XD You sir, should be making the next generation! But really Canada? I prefered the rumor of it being in southern Asia, I think it would cool to base it off different cultures like they did with Karlos, having a french culture.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Whoo... Canada is a big place. But it may take a year or more before they'll announce or share some info or screenies or videos of the 7th gen.
    Anyway, I really like snowy themes, so I'm going to love that region when it comes out. :3

I LOVE you. <3

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    If it does take place in Canada, it'll be the biggest region by far.

Or Robin Williams.

Or, have Justin Bieber as a pokemon, for maximum fun. "Go, Garchomp!" "Use Slash, then finish up with Crunch!!!"
    THAT would be GREAT.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't know where we're going with this, but ever since the Pokémon regions shifted away from Japan, traditional region staples have been eased on, and that many new stuff have come in. Canada is a nice place though, and I'll admit we haven't seen much snow in Pokémon.

The prairie and Mississippi could be a nice addition to this, and vast grasslands could be a nice base for many towns. Though Canada is quite large, so we would need transport.

I still prefer it if it was somewhere in south Asia (for that is where I live) or in the West Indies (Caribbean, 'nuff said), because of the adventure and sheer variety of stuff to be fiddled with.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • If they did make the 7th gen in Canada I'm sure it'll be my favourite gen. ^w^

I actually really hope for this now. xD I'd love to see all the snowy mountains, prairies and water towns by the rockshore.

Back