• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible 7th Generation

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    'I use psychic'
    'Light type was predicted'
    'It was correct and super effective'
    I don't know, it could happen.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I want an African or South American based game to be honest... something actually... interesting.

SupahCow090

A cow.
    Years
  • If it does take place in Canada, it'll be the biggest region by far.

Hopefully they'll have a train go across the prairies so you don't have to deal with the vast expanse of ♥♥♥♥ing nothing.

Or they could let you ride across on a Rapidash.

The rival could be Bieber. I'm sure no one would complain about having to beat the snot outta him.

And Professor Celine Dione.

Or Robin Williams.

Or Jim Carrey- if the graphics are powerful enough to handle his face.

Amen.
    -

I think a snow fox for a fire starter would be too cliche. It seems that the 2 Fox evolutionary lines are both Fire types. (Vulpix and Fennekin) I do think Canada would be a great place for this too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Well, Bulbagarden confirmed the rumours of the 7th generation games being set in Canada today. I can't wait until the games are available for preorder- I've got 20 toonies in hand and ready to go!

I almost fell for that until I saw the date.

If it were real I'd prefer it to based off a different location. I mean it's bad enough that I'm stuck living in Canada so I don't really want a game that takes place there. If they do decide to go with Canada then they better have so damn good Pokémon or else I might skip Gen 7. Actually, I probably won't do that just because it's Pokémon........

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Well, Bulbagarden confirmed the rumours of the 7th generation games being set in Canada today. I can't wait until the games are available for preorder- I've got 20 toonies in hand and ready to go!

Woo, I don't know about you, but I feel we've got a few psychics in our community. Totally awesome. (I was two days late for this awrugh)

(if you're interested, here's more info on the leak)
    Spoiler:

Canada does have a lot of potential for icy regions, maybe a lot of ice Pokémon and Alaska as a post game area like the Areas that represent Russia in Sinnoh. Ice everywhere.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing an adventure to a real world place. I assume pokemon takes place on earth. It'd be cool I mean they name dropped Vegas in indigo league.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
    Years
  • That sounds awesome! Imagine a region with lots more snow and more chances for catching Ice-type Pokémon!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I'm no Canada expert, but from what I've read so far, I'm starting to like the idea of a Canada-based region! :d Although I would really want one based on Central Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Austria ... probably even Czech Republic or The Low Countries). It still might be a bit similar to Kalos, they can be neighbors I guess? Much like Kanto and Johto? I'm not sure if it's a wise decision, though Neuschwanstein, the Alps and Kinderdijk seem cool, haha.

Although I'm also getting excited for Canada. :P I really love ice types. I think I'd prefer Scandinavia a bit more, because of the minimalist styled houses I guess. Idk, I'm really confused right now.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Some day,I hope Game Freak makes a region based on either Russia or Africa, only smaller and tilted so it isn't so obvious like how Kalos is supposed to be France.

Edit: Canada or China would be cool to, as would Australia (with New Zealand). However... The Indian subcontinent would be perfect size-wise, though.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • That would be awesome.
    You know what I think would be awesome.
    Alright, so it's a remake of Hoenn. Without it being a total remake of Hoenn. Just a similar story line.

Instead of Kyogre and Groudon, you could have like a water dragon and a fire dragon, which are kinda kept in check by the Rayquaza of this generation, the steel dragon.

Why a steel dragon?
    Because Fairies don't need to take the dragons throne.

Anyways, from what I've seen based off other threads, people loved the story line of Hoenn which is why so many people favorited it, and I noticed that a lot of the best scenes were the cut scenes with those legendaries.
    So another option would be something similar to this with all new Pokemon.

I'd personally like to see you being older and being a main part because you are well-informed and just lost your Pokemon somehow, but I don't think this would happen.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    I would really like for Gen 7 to be based on like either the Caribbean or South America. Would make for really really cool Pokemon. Africa too, it would be really neat cause I can imagine a town/area based on Egypt and it would be so awesome. Like a sphinx pokemon or like legendarys based of the Egyptian gods like Anubis or Ra.

PokeYugioh. The best.

The only other thing I would like to see in 7th Gen is better customization and like online play as in you can travel with friends. Everything else ive seen in 6th Gen is great so some graphical improvements and the above mentioned would put 7th Gen as the greatest gen.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • I actually came up with a "Ra" Trio, based on Khepri, Khnum, and Ra. I was never a fan of Yugioh, because it kinda messed with the mythology of Egypt (There was no dragon of Ra in the myths, but there was a serpent who was Ra's ENEMY).

The Trio would be based on the morning, evening, and midday forms of Ra respectively.

Khepri was a scarab, Khnum was a ram, and Ra was a falcon.

Back