• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible 7th Generation

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    I actually came up with a "Ra" Trio, based on Khepri, Khnum, and Ra. I was never a fan of Yugioh, because it kinda messed with the mythology of Egypt (There was no dragon of Ra in the myths, but there was a serpent who was Ra's ENEMY).

The Trio would be based on the morning, evening, and midday forms of Ra respectively.

Khepri was a scarab, Khnum was a ram, and Ra was a falcon.

That sounds awesome. The yugioh bit was me joking around but yeah wouldn't mind seeing stuff like that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    A Pokemon based on an spider needs to happen again, but this time really huge and scary, Dark/Poison combination.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    I want a hockey and/or pro wrestling mini game. Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver would make a wonderful big city. We stand on guard for thee ;)

Years
  • I like the idea of it being in Canada. The ORAS remakes will take place in Hoenn, a more tropical-oriented region with warm climates, so it would be a perfect contrast to the last game developed. There's lots of unique animals living in Canada that could be turned into new Pokemon as well. Generation VII is a long ways away, but can't wait to see how it turns out.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
    Years
  • If the next region is based off of Canada then the Professor's name should be Professor Maple and it has to be a female.

There should be a fighting/Ice type pokemon based off of a Hockey Player.

The Pika clone should be Porcupine. Electric/Dark

The Starters should be a Wolverine (fire type) a Narwhal (water type) a Peacock (grass type)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    If it does take place in Canada, it'll be the biggest region by far.

What makes you say that? The U.S. is an incredibly vast country, yet Unova was only based on New York. Likewise, for Canada, they could choose to only focus in on Toronto.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Maybe base it off Australia and add a pltypus? (pls do disssss<3)
    Or base it off Oceania? I mean, dfifferent islands that are part of different regions (like irl).

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    While a Canada-based region would be super cool, I have to say that I'd rather the game developers decided to finish using the Japanese islands. I mean, we have regions based on Honshu (Kanto, Johto), Kyushu (Hoenn), and Hokkaido (Sinnoh). I would have expected them to have used Shikoku by now.

Although, if they did continue the trend of using other countries/regions as inspiration, then I think they should take a look at either Hawaii or Greece. Most of the regions we've had are based around islands (with Kalos being the outlier in that regard), so I think those two areas would fit in quite nicely to that thinking.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • What makes you say that? The U.S. is an incredibly vast country, yet Unova was only based on New York. Likewise, for Canada, they could choose to only focus in on Toronto.

I was kidding.

Making reference to how all previous ones were only based off specific regions, and to Canada being the second largest country in the world.

Years
  • Possible? More like definitely. There's fat zero chance Game Freak will suddenly stop one of the biggest gaming franchises of all time.

Also technically speaking, any speculation for 7th generation at this point may apply to all the future generations after that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Possible? More like definitely. There's fat zero chance Game Freak will suddenly stop one of the biggest gaming franchises of all time.

Also technically speaking, any speculation for 7th generation at this point may apply to all the future generations after that.

Well, in that case, I speculate that the seventh generation will include a new region with...maybe eight gyms? I dunno. Oh, and I think that there will be three or so starters. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they will be Water, Grass, and Fire types. Don't quote me on any of this, though.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hopefully with the starter this time they're focused on type combinations that have not been done before.

Fire/Poison
    Grass/Electric
    Water/Fairy

Shadow Man

Nerfed Metal Blade
    Years
  • I do not know how this would go with a Canadian setting, but my starter ideas are:
    A Grass type Lemur that became Ghost typing on his final form.
    A Fire type Rabbit that would either become Fire/Fairy or Fire/Ground in his middle evolution.
    A Water type Hippo that would either stay pure Water or become part Rock on his final evolution.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would've said Water/Fire because that's the only type combination for Water that has not been done...

Water/Psychic would continue my trend of the Pokemon being double super effective on the Pokemon they'd already be super effective on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I would've said Water/Fire because that's the only type combination for Water that has not been done..

LOL. Maybe they'll make an entirely new type just to give Water at least one more possible type combo. Haha.

Seriously, though, I do hope they do introduce some more new types sometime down the road, even if it's as soon as next generation. If the current structure of the Pokémon games is to continue as is (with the gyms and E4 being made up of type-exclusive trainers), then they're gonna have to find some way to spice things up.

Also, DARK-TYPE GYM, PLEASE!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2015
    I don't know about the main game but I bet there is gonna be a Shining Diamond and Glistening Pearl... Or something like that.

If you you look at it, you can see 3 years after a new Pokemon game comes it get's a remake (except Black and white).

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • Maybe a 'mon based on the Canadian goose could be the new Zubat.

A starter based on an Arctic fox would be too reminiscent of Fennekin to me, although a fire type Rabbit would be sick. If it's based in Canada maybe we'd see a whole bunch of mountain-types, I'm picturing hooved and horned animals up the hooha. I wouldn't mind another owl to go along with Noctowl, maybe a new evolution from Hoothoot (like Gallade and Gardevoir). I'd vote for a rattlesnake (a flatter head than Serviper), Greenland Shark, Lynx, or Wolverine any day.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Maybe a 'mon based on the Canadian goose could be the new Zubat.

A starter based on an Arctic fox would be too reminiscent of Fennekin to me, although a fire type Rabbit would be sick. If it's based in Canada maybe we'd see a whole bunch of mountain-types, I'm picturing hooved and horned animals up the hooha. I wouldn't mind another owl to go along with Noctowl, maybe a new evolution from Hoothoot (like Gallade and Gardevoir). I'd vote for a rattlesnake (a flatter head than Serviper), Greenland Shark, Lynx, or Wolverine any day.
    I actually came up with an idea for a wolverine pokemon:
    Berserkerine
    the Berserker Pokemon
    Type: Fire/Electric
    Ht: 3'01"
    Wt: ???.?ibs
    Ability: No Guard
    Can learn:
    Inferno, Zap Cannon
    (I have a LOT more ideas, but I decided to show the most improtant moves)
    HP: Average
    Attack: Good
    Defense: Below average
    Sp.Atk: Great
    Sp.Def: Below average
    Speed: Good

& personally, I'd like to see a fire ferret pokemon as a starter...

Back