• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Possible New Ways to Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SorakuFett

I use myself in Battle..
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    I propose something that is both on-topic and off-topic:
    New Evo and new poke evos!

DITTO-Give it any of the powders that you find wild dittos holding (Metal powder, etc.) and make it evo to lvl. 26 to get...-ECTOPLAS! A pokemon i made up 3 seconds ago... it's like ditto, but it has "Arms" and it has bigger eyes than ditto's little dot eyes

And something kinda off topic...

Y'know the stones we give to pokemon to make them evolve, right? What happens to them after they've been all used up? Are they gone? Not in my mind! I came up with something so cool that you even make money off of stone-based evo's!

I'll show you this example.. going through most of the text and selected Commands in, for example, some random person's Soul Silver game.

[START]-->[BAG]-->[ITEMS]-->[THUNDERSTONE]-->[USE]-->[PARTY:EEVEE]-->[USE]-->[EVO]

(What? EEVEE is evolving!)
    [EVOLUTION SEQUENCE]--.[EEVEE-->JOLTEON]
    (Congratulations! Your EEVEE evolved into a JOLTEON!)
    (Also, your THUNDERSTONE had all it's energy drained so it turned into a NULL STONE!)

[BAG]-->[ITEMS]-->[NULL STONE]-->[SUMMARY]--v

(The powerless remains of a used-up Evolutionary Stone. It may be sold for a high price at shops.)

Specifically, the price would be aroun 4500 Pokécash

Nice concept, eh?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I was thinking something like this too. The only Pokémon that requires a max contest condition to evolve is Feebas, so it'd be cool to see one that evolves with max Toughness or something.

The problem I see with the "Pokémon evolves when it hates you" is, based on the current happiness mechanic, when you catch a Pokémon it's at the least amount of base happiness for its species. All you'd have to do is level it up once to get the evolved form, unless of course the evolution delved into negative happiness and so on. I dunno, it just seems like it would be a big pain to do it that way.

Uh...no. Pokemon all start at 70 base happiness. Lowest is 0, highest is 200, I believe.

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
  • How about evolution by gym badges you need a certain number of badges before they can evolve then just simply lvl them up

or

Evolution by the number of steps you walked 10,000 steps then your Pokemon can evolve

If you got any problems with these just let me know but thats just my 2 cents.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    Back to that thing about kicking ur pokemon to make them hate u

well, instead of kicking them and abusing them you could scold them and make them more and more angry at u

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • The problem I'm noting with most of the suggestions so far is that when new methods of evolution/prevolution appeared in each generation of games, it was something that could NOT happen in the earlier games: friendship and item holding were new to generation II (as was putting TWO Pokemon in the daycare), contest stats or incense as a type of item did not exist until generation III, and the items, places, and movesets that evolved generation IV Pokemon were completely new. Also, almost all recipients of new methods of evolving had existed in the previous games without the evo. So unless the "new method" involves a new item in conjunction with an existing method (or a combination, e.g. level up with a high friendship level while holding THIS item), any new method ought to revolve around a new feature of the games themselves. Methods like weather, IV/EV, hatred, etc. are out as possibilities for the same reason Leafeon doesn't come from a leaf stone: you can try them in the old games without anything happening.

About time someone mentioned this. With each generation, new evo techniques will have to get more creative.

Having a pokemon evolve by level up when you get a certain gym badge would work though since every gym badge is different.

Dawn Rules

<--- Dawn Strong, Smart & Sexy
    Years
  • Just as a joke evolution Tropius lvl up at Moss Rock while holding a Leaf Stone while knowing Leaf Storm when your Pokemon has full happiness and you must have a Exeggutor in your party and it can only be at night time and you must have 7 gym badges and you must have walked 90,000 steps. if that was a real evolution man that wouldn't be easy to do.

But i just thought of a new method of evolution: Ball Evolution, You must catch the pokemon in a certain ball to evolve them. just lvl them up. and the balls are as rare as an evolutionary stone.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I think there should be an Iv or Ev evolution.
    I know it would throw some people off but it would make you have to try and catch pokemon with a certian Iv value to evolve. Or even have to have a certian number of Ev points in a stat. It would make people have to keep track of there evs more closely

Isn't that how tyrogue evolves?

Missingno.7-4468

The Kazuka Party is for curry!
    Years
  • The problem I'm noting with most of the suggestions so far is that when new methods of evolution/prevolution appeared in each generation of games, it was something that could NOT happen in the earlier games: friendship and item holding were new to generation II (as was putting TWO Pokemon in the daycare), contest stats or incense as a type of item did not exist until generation III, and the items, places, and movesets that evolved generation IV Pokemon were completely new. Also, almost all recipients of new methods of evolving had existed in the previous games without the evo. So unless the "new method" involves a new item in conjunction with an existing method (or a combination, e.g. level up with a high friendship level while holding THIS item), any new method ought to revolve around a new feature of the games themselves. Methods like weather, IV/EV, hatred, etc. are out as possibilities for the same reason Leafeon doesn't come from a leaf stone: you can try them in the old games without anything happening.

Just curious then...Are you saying that no new Pokemon can evolve by methods that used to be possible, or that just evos of old Pokemon?

As far as I knew, this thread was about evo methods in general, not specific to any group of Pokemon.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What if different moves affected a Pokemon's happiness? Like using take down would help decrease happiness. Rising happiness seems to be way to easy for me, so why not make it a challenge?

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • Well in D/P they worked with location, and added a bunch of stones. So weather conditions like Rain, Sanstorm, Hail, and Sunny Day. There is one pokemon who could make use of 3/4 of them, and thats Castform.

(and all of the castforms evo's have an auto-weather :P)

For a pokemon to eat a certain berry, like a thunderstone but you would need to grow it. It would be like

'--- Berry - This berry grows into something useful for your pokemon'

If there is a Pokemon like this, the flower shop would probably need to give tips about said berry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    What if different moves affected a Pokemon's happiness? Like using take down would help decrease happiness. Rising happiness seems to be way to easy for me, so why not make it a challenge?
    I like that idea. Evolving with incredibly low happiness into something completely opposite of something while evolving with incredibly high happiness.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I don't know if this has been said before, but I want to see a weather evo. Imagine if Castform didn't just transform in weather, and it evolved into a certain type depending on what weather was on. But with that said, I hope they implement more weatehr into the regions. I want to see the return of fog, but not really as an obstacle to be overcome with a stupid HM. I want to see natural "harsh sunlight" as opposed to battle-activated, like there was with locating Groudon in Emerald. If not that, I want more environment-based evolutions such as with Burmy.. or is it Wurmy... I don't remember the name. But it evolves into a wormadam variation depending on it's location. Unless I'm mistaken, wormadam was the only one to receive that feature, so I think it could be a bit of a foreshadowing for this gen.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • We have enough active thread as it is, please don't revive threads when they haven't got any posts for over a month D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back