• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Post-Game Training

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    Put your pokemon in the day care center, go to the center of lumoise city and put a coin on the side of the analog stick so your character is constantly moving then go to sleep and wake up to your pokemon having increased by 30 - 40 levels in the day care. Profit.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • I just battle the Elite 4 again and again. It works perfect.

If I need to train any other Pokémon quickly, I deposit them in the Daycare, then use the Lumiose Prism Loop method so they can level up. It takes around a day for them to fully level up though, lmao.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Restaurant Le Wow is meant to be the best for money and XP, but I spend all my cash on clothes so I never have enough to pay the entrance fee in the first place . . . OTL

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Post elite 4 training?

Hi guys,

where to all of you do all of your post elite 4 training?
    Do you keep battling the pokemon league or do you do some other meathod?
    I miss re battling trainers. I feel this game lacks a post pokemon league training spot.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Battle Chateau, that's where you can battle every gym leader and even the E4 and champion over and over. There are also a lot of trainers there you can battle over an over for lower levels.

Another post-E4 feature is that you can now test your teams in the Battle Institute or the Maison. Use the friend safaris to get pokemon with hidden abilities, and many pokemon you cannot get anywhere else.

There is a lot to do after the E4.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Battle Chateau, that's where you can battle every gym leader and even the E4 and champion over and over. There are also a lot of trainers there you can battle over an over for lower levels.

Another post-E4 feature is that you can now test your teams in the Battle Institute or the Maison. Use the friend safaris to get pokemon with hidden abilities, and many pokemon you cannot get anywhere else.

I think he meant training like up to Level 100.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    Battle Chateau, that's where you can battle every gym leader and even the E4 and champion over and over. There are also a lot of trainers there you can battle over an over for lower levels.

I was unaware about the battle chateau.
    and also i ment this spacifically on training. Do you earn exp in the battle institute? i know you dont in the mansion.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I also use the Battle Chateau a lot, and besides that doing a lot of training in the wild :) Like Pokemon Village or Victory Road/Pokemon League

Training goes really fast imo, especially when you use a Lucky Egg and swap it every time with the Pokemon you want to train ^_^

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I was unaware about the battle chateau.
    and also i ment this spacifically on training. Do you earn exp in the battle institute? i know you dont in the mansion.

The Institute is only for testing and evaluating your teams, so no EXP is awarded, you do get BP and items though.

The Chateau is the best change for recurring trainer battles, it really is. You can control a lot of aspects, look through the descriptions of the various writs to see how. When you battle through the Chateau you gain in rank, which increases the pool of available competition there, and you get EXP for the battles, same amount as those you meet through the game. It really helps having them all in one place too, makes leveling up a lot faster, especially if you use EXP share or a lucky egg.

Years
  • While I do wish that there were post league routes and I have to admit that grinding is a little harder, not too hard though : lucky egg+exp share for your newly hatches and just take your team to the pkmn league again once they aren't getting a good yield from the lower levels anymore. If you put the pkmn your trying to level up first in your party and switch it out, they will both gain the same exp. I'm not 100% but I think that is new to xy. In my y version I have a lvl 94 mewtwo and lvl 100 dragonite just from grinding other pkmn at the e4

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Battle Chateau + Exp. O-Power Lvl.3 = ALL THE EXPERIENCE

It takes awhile to build it up since you have be a higher rank to fight anyone worth the time, but with some investments in writs (the money for which you can earn by easily), your levels will skyrocket.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It was a lot easier in Black2/White2 to get to level 100. The Battle Chateau isn't bad, but its not Area 10 of the Black Tower. I'm a Grand Duchess, and I see more Barons, Viscounts, and Counts than I like (I wish they wouldn't show up at all anymore). The writs are certainly helpful, but they can be a bit expensive, especially the Black one. But its not as bad as grinding in Gold/Silver was. At least O-powers>Pass Powers and the Exp. Share affects the whole party so you can train more than 1 or 2 Pokémon at a time.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    It was a lot easier in Black2/White2 to get to level 100. The Battle Chateau isn't bad, but its not Area 10 of the Black Tower. I'm a Grand Duchess, and I see more Barons, Viscounts, and Counts than I like (I wish they wouldn't show up at all anymore). The writs are certainly helpful, but they can be a bit expensive, especially the Black one. But its not as bad as grinding in Gold/Silver was. At least O-powers>Pass Powers and the Exp. Share affects the whole party so you can train more than 1 or 2 Pokémon at a time.

I used to think that but once you hit Duke rank, you'll find these Audino girls come by really frequently. They give obnoxious amounts of experience, within two days I shot from level 80s to level 100 easily by just visiting every hour or two.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Battle Chateau and you can grind Cafe LeWow, the benefit of the latter being it's double/triple battles and your exp boost (and any other o-power at the same time) will last right until the after you finish in there, so you can take as long as you like really. In the chateau you might be able to get 2/3 battles tops before the power runs out.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Battle Chateau and you can grind Cafe LeWow, the benefit of the latter being it's double/triple battles and your exp boost (and any other o-power at the same time) will last right until the after you finish in there, so you can take as long as you like really. In the chateau you might be able to get 2/3 battles tops before the power runs out.

Ooh, now that is a great tip. Never considered the O-Power lasting out in the Cafe.

Snork

My cabbages!
    Years
  • If you have wifi just do wonder trades (good thing to do while you watch a movie or something) you build up poke miles which you can exchange for rare candies. I have 20k poke miles at the moment from just wonder trading my breeding leftovers, which I could exchange for 40 rare candies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    If you have wifi just do wonder trades (good thing to do while you watch a movie or something) you build up poke miles which you can exchange for rare candies. I have 20k poke miles at the moment from just wonder trading my breeding leftovers, which I could exchange for 40 rare candies.

Oh, that gets you Pokemiles too? I was wondering why I had jumped from ~250 to ~860 Pokemiles in a short time.

SixxXyRiya

Aspire Madness...It's Good
    Years
  • EV Horde Training

As much as I enjoy the option of Super Training, it can really become time consuming. It's great to train just one single Pokemon for a certain IV but when it comes down to you breeding and you wanting the same IV for each newly Pokemon, horde battling seem best. Problem is, I simply do not know which place is best to train for IV's.

Back