• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Potential line-up?

Starter Pokemon for HGSS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I dont really know which one im going to pick all of them are awesome so as my pokemon for this game is going to be tough

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I Haven't really thought about my team for soul silver but i do know that I'm not going to use cyndaquil since I always use a fire starter in any Pokemon game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    pokemon heartgold

Meganium
    Crobat
    Rapidash/Ninetales/Houndoom/Arcanine
    Pikachu (I hope one with a volt tackle =p)
    Espeon
    Kingdra/Vaporeon/Lapras/Kingler

at first , i love Typhlosion the most , but it has been boring to use it for maybe the fifth or sixth time.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
  • I really have no idea what I'll be using. My starter will most likely be Totodile, however.

Edit - I know I voted for Cyndaquil, but I changed my mind.

Years
  • Typhlosion (I always choose Cyndaquil)
    Nidoking (lurves him)
    Shiny Charizard (gna be sendin over mah Shiny charmander <3 )
    ????
    ????
    ????

Not quite sure what I'm going to get for my last 3 pokemon, maybe get a Tyranitar... dunno.

~Ryu

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • Depends on who my starter ends up being. I haven't decided yet. There are two possible teams:

Team A:
    Feraligatr
    Espeon
    Scizor
    Flareon-yes, I plan to obtain two Eevee, by way of the game corner.
    Ampharos
    Nidoking

Team B:
    Typhlosion
    Espeon
    Scizor
    Jolteon
    Lapras
    Nidoking

It's a tough decision, but really it just depends on which starter I go with.

Years
  • I have never really be that much of a fan of the Jhoto starters. IMO they are good, but I prefer many other fire/water/grass pokemon. I usually choose Chikorita though
    I restarted my Crystral, and my E4 team right now is:

Miltank
    Poliwrath
    Pidgeot
    Meganium
    Electabuzz (Obtained from the Odd Egg, man I hope HgSs has the Odd Egg)
    Arcainine

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
  • Mmm. Haven't decided yet, except for my Typhlosion (which I run as a physical sweeper, with Thunderpunch, Earthquake, Flame Wheel, and [yet to be determined]).

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    actually, thinking about a team, scratch the other one i'll have:
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?
    Potential line-up?

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • :t156: / :t157:
    (My main, and a high favorite. Evolution depending on stat possibilities.)
    :t248:
    (My powerhouse, though it may be awhile. Plans to bypass Fighting-Type weakness.)
    :t133: / :t197:
    (Not sure if I'll evolve or keep an Eevee, but Umbreon's a favorite. Depends.)
    :t181:
    (My Riachu replacement. High chance of replacement later on.)
    :t215:
    (Another favorite. Plans to evolve to Weavile. Might come from Platinum later on.)
    :t094:
    (I. Will. Obtain. You can take my word for it. Sp. Atk and tactical Powerhouse.)

All of them I obtained in the past, even the Gengar, so I plan to go for them, even if they weren't my active team. Chances are, I'll make changes based on progress and any strategies I develop (especially for double battles; you can expect them I assure you).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It really depends on the game I get. For Soul Silver... It may or may not be my Silver team, which is around the following.

- Feraligatr
    - Bellossom
    - Ampharos
    - Espeon
    - Magmar
    - Tyranitar (which was Beedrill before hand)

Feraligatr and Espeon I have a feeling are going to stay on no matter what. As for the others... it depends. Considering the amount of Fire Pokemon, I may end up having Magmar (since I don't feel like having Arcanine or Ninetales). Guess it depends on where Houndour and Slugma are (I've never had a Marcargo before, sooo...) Ampharos may stay on as well, or just get a Pokemon who can use Thunderbolt, like what I did on me Emerald. All depends on my mood when I get the game, I guess.

As for Heart Gold... All I know is I'm going to have Typhlosion. The rest of my team is definitely going to vary.

キラキラ

KiraKira
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2011
    Feraligatr
    Ampharos
    Persian
    Heracross
    Espeon
    Sneasel

My favorites are almost all Johto Pokemon. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    Typhlosion / Feraligatr
    Ampahros
    Tyranitar
    Scyther/ Scizor
    Arcanine/Ambipom ( depending on who my starter poke is, Arcanine if starter is feraligatr and Ambipom for otherwise)
    Politoed/Weavile ( depending on who my starter poke is, Politoed if starter is Typhlosion and Weavile for otherwise)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Umbreon
    Arcanine
    Ampharos
    Noctowl
    Kingdra
    Meganium

Until I trade over from Diamond that is.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I would have:
    Typhlosion (^_^)
    Espeon
    Ampharos
    Pidgeot (stands out)
    Tyranitar
    Suicune

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
  • I don't think my party will include any of the starters, because they are my least favourite out of all the starters XD None of them really appeal to me :/ But i definitely know that Ampharos will be in my party, and maybe Stantler too. I like them :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back