• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Potentially Starters "Leaked"?!

Deníz1

Die Nacht ist des Freien Freund
Years
  • Edit:Updated to direct link to the forums thread and first post:​https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/73637526/849882150​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4RAX7n4fDQ​ (watch it to the end. at around 8:20 three also very intresting Fan Art impressions of possible startes are show, have fun)

Any1 else found this?
    The Fire Lion/Tiger is awesome...theser other two are like..WTF? (but i thought this when I saw the past gens starters and pokemons most of the times....gen 1 was creative...then they dropped harder than a stone...)

Round 1

FIGHT!! :|

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Uploading the images for others to see and not have to hunt them down.

All three are incredibly cute.

Attachments

• starter.jpg
      starter.jpg
      159.5 KB · Views: 74

Deníz1

Years
  • Uploading the images for others to see and not have to hunt them down.

All three are incredibly cute.

Thanks! But theser are just Fan arts which could fit the pokemons by their names. watch the youtube video its very intresting even tho theoretically!

EDIT: Heres the direct link to the post, dunno why it was wrong in the first post edited that one too now
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/73637526/849882150

It also show 3 other possible starter looks at around 8:20 in the video.

Share your minds on the Starters, and if these Fan Arts could be close to reality

Greetings from the SMoon (the moon was too average...)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    The beginning fan art is good, but they do not look like starter Pokemon... At the end of the video, the dolphin water type looks like it could be a starter, but the owl and fire thing are a bit out there.. If they are legit, I am definitely going to have to pick the water starter again

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    According to the link to the Gamefaqs site you provided the image is from 2ch and not fan made unless someone else has recently claimed them.

Also Tyranitartube is really stupid. I'm sorry if that's a bit harsh, but he is. All Poketubers have about as much authenticity as 4chan when it comes to credibility. Ttube believed a Fan made game with heavy alterations was proof that Mega Milotic existed in the game data. The game had Shadow Lugia in it, that alone tells you that any new data found in it is completely made up.

So far as I can tell from two hours of searching, no one has officially debunked the images I uploaded in my post. There are people attempting to debunk it on 4chan, but right now it's exactly the same as when 4chan debunked the 5th Gen Starters' evolutions.

While they still aren't excluded from the "Fake until an official source states otherwise" these are the most credible looking set we've gotten since the start of the "Gen 7 leakaggedon".

Deníz1

Years
  • Im totally crazy for this. I know hat you mean Ttube is a bit too euphoric and maybe has too much fantasy by times. but this isnt neccesarily bad....fantasy, ideas can lead to ideas coming close to truth. and even not it was intresting having the thought about it ;-)

I wish we would know more...this is gonna be the first edition im gonna start together with my / a girlfriend. that, and the fact i infected here with pokemania makes me want (pokemon sun/moon) cum...err come so much(the game....) we gonna pwn this..and then ill pwn her! sry for the rudeness :-P Temptations gets me like a naughty mate by times ! :-D

Deníz1

Years
  • http://marix20.deviantart.com/journ...-made-604932791?ga_submit_new=10%3A1461527708

Turns out they really are fake. Really unfortunate because I really liked them, especially the bird one. By far one of the greatest if not the greatest fan arts I've seen. :/

not to seem as edgy minded...but isnt there a chance this post is by a Nintendo Employee or Member to misdirect the people and"debunk" the leak?

It wouldnt be the first time "debunked fakes" turned out to be just a cover up by Nintendo, and these Pokemons appeared in the generation....

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    not to seem as edgy minded...but isnt there a chance this post is by a Nintendo Employee or Member to misdirect the people and"debunk" the leak?

It wouldnt be the first time "debunked fakes" turned out to be just a cover up by Nintendo, and these Pokemons appeared in the generation....
    That's pretty out there theory, best way to deal with leaks is to brush them under the carpet, anything else would just draw attention.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I too am impressed with the art for the three, but as long as it is not the three sketches that kid had at the end of his YouTube video... That owl with a nose instead of a beak was jus weird..

We may be so far into the trademarks that we are missing other hints..

Years
  • I apparently found this Tumblr post: http://go-go-pokeball.tumblr.com/post/143349137276/are-these-the-leaked-starters-for-pokemon-sun-and

While that DA link from earlier may claim if these starters are fake, this link shows that the supposed starter pics seem to fit the rumoured Japanese names - Mokuroh (Grass), Ashimari (Water) an Nyabby (Fire). Also, the Fire starter looks like it's continuing the Chinese Zodiac thing with being a tiger, and the Water starter is another semi-aquatic animal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Highly doubt this. Kind of a lot of effort to go to protect a leak when it's easier to do nothing and let fans speculate. They're cute but I think that dA is all there is to this.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I really like this fanart, eventhough the Grass starter reminds me too much of Pidove, but I really wish the fire starter is real. However, this is an amazing job and they're all so cute! Can't wait for more leaks though :3

Years
  • http://marix20.deviantart.com/journ...-made-604932791?ga_submit_new=10%3A1461527708

Turns out they really are fake. Really unfortunate because I really liked them, especially the bird one. By far one of the greatest if not the greatest fan arts I've seen. :/

The thing is, there has been a lot of debate over whether this one is fake or not. Some YouTubers have posted analysis videos and they are thinking the designs are giving off a "genuine" and "legitimate" vibe when you consider the leaked Japanese names (Mokuroh, Nyabby, Ashimari) and what they mean.

Years
  • http://hyrule-in-a-pokeball.tumblr.com/post/143331231193/images-1-2-and-3-supposed-leaks-of-the-gen-7

This guy seems to be good with his theory there, because there's a little side-by-side comparison between this latest starter leak and the initial Unova starter evolutions leak. The border is the same on both sets of pics, which is really making me believe that while people are assuming they're fake, they may end up not being fake in the end.

The art style also seems like it'd be something legit, but that might be just my views.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I thought the Grass Starter was meant to be based off of an owl? I hope these are fake, but then again, I do like Nyabby's artwork and I think I remembered not liking Gen V and Gen VI's Starters until I warmed up to them a little... Nyabby looks like it will be my first pick... Hopefully, the Water Type Starter's evolutions will look much better, because it's horrid and looks like an inbred Oshawott. The Grass Starter seems a bit like if Piplup and Pidove had a baby... Who knows...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd be up for believing they were real if we didn't have a confession from a fakemon artist.

If I remember, around the time of the Unova starter evolutions being leaked, we had an artist claim he drew them as well, and the speculators all went "they're fake". CoroCoro then came out and revealed they were actually legit.

I think this artist claiming he drew these starters might be his way of trying to keep the speculators intrigued and still guessing.

Years
  • I suppose there isn't any harm in thinking that way. I mean, you might be right. But those fakemon even look like his art style so I'd guess it's pretty unlikely

Not to mention we just had a fire lion last gen.

Looking at the design of "Nyabii/Nyabby" it seems more likely to be based on a tiger and not a lion, plus tiger fits in once again with the Chinese Zodiac pattern that has happened with the Fire-type starters so far.

Back