• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PPTE - Project Pokémon's Trainer Editor (for DPP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Hey, SCV do you mind telling me what did you change exactly in beta 0.2?
    Because I've been changing here's and there, improving and fixing things.
    For example, the window wasn't supposed to be resized. Yet you it could be maximized
    Double battle was enabled even when the number of Pokémon was less than 2,
    Also, choosing a level from a ComboBox isn't that pratical, where possible I replaced them with numeric UpDowns. I've adjusted the menus too.
    BTW, I guess you'd like to know what is the meaning of the Trainer Type, right?
    Just like in the Advance Gen, the value is actually splitted into two bits, each one acting as a binary switch.

In binary:
    0 = 00
    1 = 01
    2 = 10
    3 = 11

Now, the fist bit is represents the item and the latter the attacks.

00 = No item, default attacks
    01 = No item, custom attacks
    10 = Item, default attacks
    11 = Item + custom attacks

Here's a screenshot of what I've done so far:

PPTE - Project Pokémon's Trainer Editor (for DPP)

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Hey, SCV do you mind telling me what did you change exactly in beta 0.2?
    I changed the following (and the corresponding for the other pokemon):

private void comboBox5_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    if (comboBox5.Enabled)
    {
    currentpokes[0, 4] = (byte)(this.comboBox5.SelectedIndex & 0xFF);
    currentpokes[0, 5] |= (byte)(((this.comboBox5.SelectedIndex & 0xFF00) >> 8)&1);
    AddPokemonForms(0, this.comboBox5.SelectedIndex, this.PForm1);

}
    }

I erased the | (I bolded it above).

This was causing the pokemon chosen to be 256 more than its supposed to be if the current one was already 256 or more.

I forgot to erase it when I added the AddPokemonForms function.

BTW, I guess you'd like to know what is the meaning of the Trainer Type, right?
    Just like in the Advance Gen, the value is actually splitted into two bits, each one acting as a binary switch.

In binary:
    0 = 00
    1 = 01
    2 = 10
    3 = 11

Now, the fist bit is represents the item and the latter the attacks.

00 = No item, default attacks
    01 = No item, custom attacks
    10 = Item, default attacks
    11 = Item + custom attacks

Here's a screenshot of what I've done so far:

Yes, I know what trainer type was for. I had not thought of stating it as you do in A-Trainer, though. For a while, there was some reason for which I though type 0 could have Items but after revising a bit, I saw that was wrong and fixed it for beta 0.1.

Good job on the UI. This was my first time making a program with a UI so I am very inexperienced in that area.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    All right, this is my updated source code.
    Feel free to credit me if you wish.

Attachments

• PPTEb03source.zip
      280.8 KB · Views: 48

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • All right, this is my updated source code.
    Feel free to credit me if you wish.
    Thanks for the contribution. I added the contributions I noticed to the Credits section and the change log. I also added a "thank you for the GUI" message in the About section of the program.

I had another bug related/caused by fixing the bug from beta 0.2. I updated the source and the binary.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for the contribution. I added the contributions I noticed to the Credits section and the change log. I also added a "thank you for the GUI" message in the About section of the program.

I had another bug related/caused by fixing the bug from beta 0.2. I updated the source and the binary.

You're welcome. Glad to see you liked it ;)
    I dunno if you thought about it already, but having auto-complete for all trainer names/Pokémon/etc. would be nicer.
    Oh, I forgot to tell you a few things I noticed. When I select Trainer123, it's class is set to "PI", weird enough I know.
    Also, selecting last trainer will raise an unhandlex exception.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • You're welcome. Glad to see you liked it ;)
    I dunno if you thought about it already, but having auto-complete for all trainer names/Pokémon/etc. would be nicer.
    Oh, I forgot to tell you a few things I noticed. When I select Trainer123, it's class is set to "PI", weird enough I know.
    Also, selecting last trainer will raise an unhandlex exception.
    I will eventually add auto-complete. There was someone already who had problems because there is no auto-complete.

The trainer class PI comes directly from the trainer classes that the ROM has.
    Serebii says its P.I. I will check on why it comes PI when extracted from the rom and whether in battle it shows up as PI or P.I.

BTW, Trainer123 never gets called to battle. Also notice that it has a level 5 Rattatta. Apparently there are many of those in the trainer data (trainers with level 5 Rattatta that never get called in the game.

But there is a PI/P.I. that does get called in Route 214. This trainer class has the following sprite:

I will look into the unhandled exception that you mentioned.

Thanks.

EDIT: I checked with the trainer in Route 214 and it is in fact "PI".

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I will eventually add auto-complete. There was someone already who had problems because there is no auto-complete.

The trainer class PI comes directly from the trainer classes that the ROM has.
    Serebii says its P.I. I will check on why it comes PI when extracted from the rom and whether in battle it shows up as PI or P.I.

BTW, Trainer123 never gets called to battle. Also notice that it has a level 5 Rattatta. Apparently there are many of those in the trainer data (trainers with level 5 Rattatta that never get called in the game.

But there is a PI/P.I. that does get called in Route 214. This trainer class has the following sprite:

I will look into the unhandled exception that you mentioned.

Thanks.

Hmm, I see. Looks like all those are sort of place holders.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Updated Attachment in first post with beta 0.4

I updated the first post with beta 0.4.

Here is the change log information:

12/29/08 beta 0.4

-Added AutoComplete feature to all drop down lists.

-Fixed (finally?) a bug with the way pokemon and form are determined. Should finally be correct. For beta 0.3 only the first form would be displayed.

-Fixed a bug that caused you to lose attacks(in some cases) if you change type. All attacks will now be "remembered". So if, for example, you are in type 1 then press down to go to type 2 and then down again to go to type three, the attacks you had in type 1 will remain. However, the pokemon item is lost when you go to type 0 or 1.

I did not encounter any problem with selecting the last pokemon trainer. If anyone else does let me know what you did that might have caused it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Hey, the information part seems to work well, but the sprite doesn't. For example I just edited all of the elite four with different pokemon to make them harder and gave them all 6 pokemon instead of some having 5. When I loaded it up Aaron only had 5 pokemon when I set it to 6, and the same pokemon he normaly had but with the levels I set and the moves I set, yet the pokemon were still the same...

Am I doing anything wrong or has anyone experienced this problem?

I simply edited the Narc file, saved all, and reinserted the files, the trainer data and the pokedata in the poketools file.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Hey, the information part seems to work well, but the sprite doesn't. For example I just edited all of the elite four with different pokemon to make them harder and gave them all 6 pokemon instead of some having 5. When I loaded it up Aaron only had 5 pokemon when I set it to 6, and the same pokemon he normaly had but with the levels I set and the moves I set, yet the pokemon were still the same...

Am I doing anything wrong or has anyone experienced this problem?

I simply edited the Narc file, saved all, and reinserted the files, the trainer data and the pokedata in the poketools file.
    I tested this and it works fine for me.

A few things to keep in mind: Save each after each trainer you edit. Don't edit alot of trainers and press "save all" at the end of it.

That's the only thing I can think that might cause that.

Also make sure you are using the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Is beta 0.4 the latest version because thats what I have been using. Anyway Ill see if I can fix the problem just playing around with it.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Is beta 0.4 the latest version because thats what I have been using. Anyway Ill see if I can fix the problem just playing around with it.
    OK, problem solved.

The problem was that TwinBroz was editing the first set of battles with the elite 4. But when testing it he was at the point in the game when he would battle the second set of pokemon for the elite four, therefore he could not see the changes that he had made.

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Will it ever be possible to change trainer names? It's extraneccessary for me.
    Eventually it should be. But first I need to rework the system so that I can get the ROM loaded and read things from the rom (otherwise there is at least 3 more narc files to load) and I need to find where the trainer names are stored.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty major update, I would say. Bugfixes, optimizations and few improvements as well.

Regarding bugs, I've fixed the problem that was happening to me with the last trainer. Basically the problem was that the program was trying to read pas the end of the file. I guess I screwed up the narc file while testing the DeleteFromEnd function, but you might want to take a look anyway.
    Fixed the Game/TrainerID combos too. Whenever you were typing random things (for example) or anyway invalid things, the SelectedIndex was set to -1, obviously. The Save All button was enabled anyway though, causing problem after being clicked due to the bad index. BTW, the TrainerID combo features a custom auto-complete now.

Few words about the optimizations. Basically I've optimized anything, and the size of the .exe is almost halved now. I've removed most of those lists, keeping only one of each type. I'm talking about Pokémon names etc. So the program is even faster now when loading because the combo filling is handled "manually" after the initialization. Speed aside, it's better anyway because you have just one list and there are less chances to make errors etc. Or if you find an error, only one list needs to be updated etc.

Reading all the data from the ROM would be definitely better I suppose; maybe the best solution would be supporting both .narc files and ROM.

Attachments

• PPTEb05source.zip
      215.8 KB · Views: 112

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Pretty major update, I would say. Bugfixes, optimizations and few improvements as well.

Regarding bugs, I've fixed the problem that was happening to me with the last trainer. Basically the problem was that the program was trying to read pas the end of the file. I guess I screwed up the narc file while testing the DeleteFromEnd function, but you might want to take a look anyway.
    Fixed the Game/TrainerID combos too. Whenever you were typing random things (for example) or anyway invalid things, the SelectedIndex was set to -1, obviously. The Save All button was enabled anyway though, causing problem after being clicked due to the bad index. BTW, the TrainerID combo features a custom auto-complete now.

Few words about the optimizations. Basically I've optimized anything, and the size of the .exe is almost halved now. I've removed most of those lists, keeping only one of each type. I'm talking about Pokémon names etc. So the program is even faster now when loading because the combo filling is handled "manually" after the initialization. Speed aside, it's better anyway because you have just one list and there are less chances to make errors etc. Or if you find an error, only one list needs to be updated etc.

Reading all the data from the ROM would be definitely better I suppose; maybe the best solution would be supporting both .narc files and ROM.
    Thanks for these updates. The auto complete for the Trainer ID doesn't seem to be working. I'll hold off on putting it in the first post until that is fixed.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks for these updates. The auto complete for the Trainer ID doesn't seem to be working. I'll hold off on putting it in the first post until that is fixed.

You're welcome. Like I told it's a custom auto-complete. It won't actually suggest anything.
    But try writing "trainer 00" then type "9". Trainer 009 would be selected. Then delete the "9" and type "5". Trainer 005 is selected now.
    That's the way it's supposed to work.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • You're welcome. Like I told it's a custom auto-complete. It won't actually suggest anything.
    But try writing "trainer 00" then type "9". Trainer 009 would be selected. Then delete the "9" and type "5". Trainer 005 is selected now.
    That's the way it's supposed to work.
    OK, I updated the first post with the new files.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2009
    Thanks! Now Pokémon Diamond Extreme can be finished!
    EDIT-How do you get the NARC?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back