• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-order or eShop?

lealvenom

A Bearded PKMN Trainer.
Years
  • Retail Or Digital versions?

October 12 is fast approaching! The first Pokemon game to be released worldwide at the same time.. awesome! Which version will you be getting? Retail version or Digital download from eshop? For me, I live in a northern community in Canada, and the the retail version would take like almost two weeks to reach me.. So eshop version for me! I cannot go two extra weeks haha! I'm really pumped for X & Y! With eshop version of games does Nintendo release them at midnight? Will I be able to buy X right at midnight? Thanks!

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I'm going to buy a physical copy, i like to have the cartridges and the boxes of the game i play!
    And Pokemon X & Y are SUPPOSED TO be on the eShop on October the 12th at midnight :)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I'd rather buy a hard copy because I like having hard copies of things. I'm always afraid the digital versions of things will be deleted or disappear randomly. However, I don't know if I can go to the store to pick up a copy. So I may just need to buy an online copy. I hope that's not the case but who knows. As long as I get the game I guess, yes? Hehe.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I always prefer getting physical version of things just in case something happens with the digital stuff. Plus, you've gotta actually download and store the entire thing on your device, just not worth it (for me.)

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    I'll go for a physical copy as i guess in 4 years time I'll be trading it in for the next game, regretting it then buying it back

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Retail for me, too - in the time it'd take for me to download a digital copy I could go out and buy one, so it seems a tad pointless...and I really don't like digital games; I like having a physical copy. This is especially true of Nintendo games, where the 3DS is (quite stupidly) locked to a single account, so if I bought it it'd have to be for one of my two 3DS, and I don't typically carry my XL around with me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2015
    I'd rather buy a hard copy because I like having hard copies of things. I'm always afraid the digital versions of things will be deleted or disappear randomly.

Or if something happens to the 3DS and the card would have been perfectly fine in its box. Physical copies for me too.

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • Just checked european eshop and Pokemon X Y page is already up, and its says it releases 12.10.2013 at what time I have no idea, but at least the page is up ^^

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I might just walk up to walmart because, everyone i live around is (thankfully) obsessed with grand theft auto, so I doubt anybody preordered at the walmart up the street from me.

Years
  • Well pokemon isn't like the other games . Their is a 99.99% chance that it will come out at midnight

As Reshilegend said, Animal Crossing got a midnight release, and considering how popular Pokemon is compared to Animal Crossing, I think it's pretty safe to assume it will hit the e-shop at midnight too, and if you have fast internet it shouldn't take that long to download either.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I'm going with eShop. I really want to get a physical copy but I don't like to buy pokemon games in public and thanks to Columbus day the game will take to long to arrive. So digital it is for now.

Years
  • European guy here, I still have no idea if it will be available on October 12th, but I really hope it is. Animal Crossing had a midnight eShop release on the same day and I think Layton as well, so yeah I really hope they'll do the same with Pokemon. Still waiting for the X/Y preview appearing on the eShop...

This week a page dedicated to pokemon x and y created in the UK eshop, this page announced the worldwide release in the 10/12, so I think its safe to assume that the game will be released in october 12th lso in the european eshop.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • "Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will cost £39.99 each on the Nintendo eShop, Nintendo has confirmed. The physical version is currently available for around £32.99-£34.99 across various online retailers."

Those from the UK buying on eShop maaay want to reconsider if you're looking to save a few pounds. ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • "Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will cost £39.99 each on the Nintendo eShop, Nintendo has confirmed. The physical version is currently available for around £32.99-£34.99 across various online retailers."

Those from the UK buying on eShop maaay want to reconsider if you're looking to save a few pounds. ;)
    Is that a typo? Maybe they meant to put the dollar sign in front of the 39.99 aka they forgot to convert it to actual Euros...
    Btw my e-shop (live in the N.A.) has already shown the price as 39.99 for quite awhile now.

Years

Why buying it on wshop cost more than physical copy!? if anything it do be the opposite...
    Since I have extra money I don't care(deliver it take a long waiting).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Is that a typo? Maybe they meant to put the dollar sign in front of the 39.99 aka they forgot to convert it to actual Euros...
    Btw my e-shop (live in the N.A.) has already shown the price as 39.99 for quite awhile now.

Nope, Nintendo officially announced that Pokémon X & Y will be priced at £39.99 in the eShop whilst it remains at £32.99 - £34.99 for retailers.

Years
  • I just got back from my Gamestop and pre-ordered a physical copy of Y version. I always get physical copies, because I love the boxes and because I like having a physical copy in general lol. I don't like downloading games electronically because I feel like an error could occur and like delete it. It's unlikely, but I feel more secure with a physical copy.

Back